• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
XIuwq.png
pEnuB.png

PvPG6.png
0r5oE.png

Bought the House t-shirt from Criterion, Wipeout 2048, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational since Walmart had all three together for $40, Another Country, Mala Noche, and a new band for my watch (which isn't actually visible in that picture, oops).

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Been a pretty busy month for me, Hot Toys Avengers figures, Wii U pre-orders, etc.

But these are the most important pick ups.

September 1st

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid premium, I love this fucking car it has amazing fuel economy, loaded with features and it looks gorgeous. I love it, get stopped all the time, people can't believe its a hybrid either.

IMG_20120901_131633.jpg

This may sound silly, but I've seen loaded Optimas that look absolutely gorgeous. If I was in the market for a sedan I would be all over the 2.0T version. I would take the Kia over the Genesis, Fusion, Camry or Accord.

I sound like a Kia dealership, but good pickup!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Hey guys... I found this weird old game at a thrift store for $5. Anyone heard of it?

5isBU.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Was the thrift store called eBay by any chance? Lol sweet.

Bingo.

Was just having a little fun. I didn't find it in a thrift store. It wasn't $5. I am a fool with too much moneys and lust for SNES RPGs. :p But I have it. Spent way too many years lusting after it!!

Stories like these make me occasionally go into thrift stores hoping to find a rare old game. Neeeeeeeever happened. Always utter crap.
This has been my experience as well.

Don't worry it's the same for me too :p

NFreak

Bingo.

Was just having a little fun. I didn't find it in a thrift store. It wasn't $5. I am a fool with too much moneys and lust for SNES RPGs. :p But I have it. Spent way too many years lusting after it!!

Don't worry it's the same for me too :p

I actually found a copy of Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X2, Secret of Mana and a few other games as well as an SNES for 20 bucks at a garage sale a couple of months ago. All the games were cart only though. I think I posted it in one of the pick-up threads. That copy you got looks so fucking mint though.

Tazo

Since I picked up my iPhone 5 this morning, I thought it would be a good time to post everything I've collected this month.

LsNQR.jpg

Beckx

So my big gaming pickup for September was installing a home theater room downstairs in my house.

Panasonic AE7000 (for future searchers: in its price class, this projector has one of the best response times in game mode)
Screen Innovations Black Diamond 110" screen, 1.4 gain (this thing is a marvel - great picture in ambient light situations, and in total darkness, very little glare on the surrounding walls)
Integra 30.3 receiver (handles conversion from analog inputs (component, RCA) to digital outputs (HDMI) but all of the signal processing can be turned off (if you leave it on, you get input lag)
Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 surround speakers

I am in love. Can't play on anything else now. Completely addicted to Skyrim on a 110" inch screen.

Some pics:

The room, all lights on.

p1000360.jpg

Component closet.

p1000361.jpg

Dark Souls - ambient light situation

p1000334.jpg

Dark Souls - no ambient light

p1000335.jpg

LiK

So my big gaming pickup for September was installing a home theater room downstairs in my house.

Panasonic AE7000 (for future searchers: in its price class, this projector has one of the best response times in game mode)
Screen Innovations Black Diamond 110" screen, 1.4 gain (this thing is a marvel - great picture in ambient light situations, and in total darkness, very little glare on the surrounding walls)
Integra 30.3 receiver (handles conversion from analog inputs (component, RCA) to digital outputs (HDMI) but all of the signal processing can be turned off (if you leave it on, you get input lag)
Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 surround speakers

I am in love. Can't play on anything else now. Completely addicted to Skyrim on a 110" inch screen.

Some pics:

nice job!

Got this in the mail the other day:

nfDdn.jpg
ejmjQ.jpg
XitsM.jpg

Asus G55VW. I've been playing Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, and Sleeping Dogs on it and everything runs great! Very happy with my purchase.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
NES: Wurm Journey to the Center of the Earth, Seicross
wurmjourneytoseicross_zpsaca60a25.jpg

NES: Raid on BUngeling Bay, To the Earth
raidonearth_zpsfc5403e8.jpg

NES: Mission: Impossible, Robo Warrior
missionrobowarrior_zps2dfce6c7.jpg

NES: Swords and Serpents
swordsandserpents_zpsc975027d.jpg

robot

The Aladdain debate thread caused me to buy this super famicom bundle. Haven't had a chance to play them yet.

ca90ce32012311e2890222000a1cfddf_6.jpg

And Kirby Collection!

d349962401e311e291a022000a1e8839_6.jpg

true Gek

Arrived today from the UK (I live in Italy). Ordered monday ad it is pratically new. No scratches on the case. Disk is perfect and also the manual. Price? 8€ *_* I love Wipeout!

Bought in september 8 with with DOA and TotA

Bought at the end of ougust also my second Game Cube with some games that I missed years ago. I also re-bought Metroid Prime 2 because I lost my copy. Price of the console + Pokemon Colosseum and Waverase = 20€. Price of Beach Spikers + Donkey Konga + Metroid Prime 2 = 24€

guest1321

Absolutely amazing so far! The touch controls add a lot to the game.
wuMkI.jpg

Bought this a while back and just now picked it up. Looking forward to it!
41E24.jpg

SO EXCITE!

Lucent

8010516361_b2f9b1d90e_c.jpg

That's all I'm getting this month except maybe Tokyo Jungle. Best Buy had a lot of those posters. They're pretty nice.

NeoUltima

Stories like these make me occasionally go into thrift stores hoping to find a rare old game. Neeeeeeeever happened. Always utter crap.

Just gotta find the right stores...and be there at the right time. It appears like all they ever has is crap. But that is only because the good stuff gets snatched up fast. And the crap gets left behind to sit on the shelves for months.

There is a really nice Good Will near me (distribution center for the area) that tends to get better stuff, or at least a higher volume of stuff. Still it's mostly luck, no doubt. I probably only get something decent 25% of the time I go. For example, today I got copies of MGS1 and Tekken 3. Nothing amazing, but decent.

Funny story about the MGS1...it was seriously perfect condition, even still has parts of the plastic seal left on it. But the worker dropped it when she was ringing it up LOL. Now the case is all cracked up :(. Good thing it's not really a valuable game. Also by a crazy coincidence I happened to have an empty MGS1 case at home, so it's all good.

schnell

Well, there are certainly a lot less pictures of iPhones than I expected.

holy shit could it be called the iphone 5 because it has 5 rows of icons

Top Bottom