• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2012: Japan Game Awards 2012 for best upcoming titles announced

Hobby

CESA have announced the winners for best upcoming Japanese games. Voting is conducted by TGS attendees, and winners are decided by number of votes.

Best Upcoming Games Division
- Ace Attorney 5
- God Eater 2
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
- Soul Sacrifice
- Tales of Xillia 2
- Resident Evil 6
- Fantasy Life
- Bravely Default
- Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
- Monster Hunter 4
- Yakuza 5

http://www.4gamer.net/games/146/G014688/20120923018/

2012 Games of the Year Division (includes games released between 4/1/11 to 3/31/12):
Don't mind if I do. Lists more list, apologies if already posted.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/134/G013499/20120920088/

Big Prize: Gravity Daze

Award of Excellence:
- Gravity Daze
- Skyrim
- Kid Icarus
- Mario 3D Land
- Zelda:SS
- Dark Souls
- FF:XIII-2
- Mario Kart 7
- MH3G
- One Piece Musou

Special Award:
- Osawari Tantei Nameko Saibai Kit (iOS/Android)

Best Seller:
- MK7

Global Prize Japanese Product
- Pokemon Black/White

Global Prize International Product
- COD:MW3

Game Designer's Big Prize
- Journey

Minister of Economy Trade&Industry Prize
- 3DS dev team

Amateur Games Division awards recipients

Will translate everything in a bit. The big winner was HAL Nagoya's Reco for PC. Applications for over 328 games for this award were sent to CESA. Applicants must live in Japan to be considered for this award.

7AJ4W.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/000/G000000/20120922027/

Additional details at CESA's English site.
http://awards.cesa.or.jp/en/

Just out of curiosity -- who cares about this, really? The Japanese have a very different taste than us and a massive bias to domestic games.

gogogow

Just out of curiosity -- who cares about this, really? The Japanese have a very different taste than us and a massive bias to domestic games.
Who cares? I see you here, so the topic interested you enough to enter and post in it.

Just give the trophy to Monster Hunter already.

Inb4, Monster Hunter wins.

Eh....doesn't it say "the winners"? Aren't they all winners, instead of nominees? Unless the OP is wrongly translated.

consoul

Kobayashi was making a big deal of this at the Biohazard 6 Special Stage event this afternoon. The more I see of RE6 the better it looks.

I didn't think I gave a damn about it until I saw the guys from Platinum live demo it today, but Metal Gear Rising: Revengence is looking great. Super fun cyborg ninja badassery at 60fps.

MonHun4 is going to be huge, but I'm going on record now as saying it looks like shit. The textures are fucking awful.

Vercimber

What are you talking about? Way to go completely misinterpreting my post.

How did he misinterpret your post? Your questions implied that we shouldn't care how the Japanese perceive their own games based on a conference; in addition, you write "us," as though GAF were some collective "other" whose tastes or interests don't include what's happening at TGS or in Japanese gaming tastes generally. The post comes off as ethnocentric, pure and simple.

How did he misinterpret your post? Your questions implied that we shouldn't care how the Japanese perceive their own games based on a conference; in addition, you write "us," as though GAF were some collective "other" whose tastes or interests don't include what's happening at TGS or in Japanese gaming tastes generally. The post comes off as ethnocentric, pure and simple.

He said: "You heard it guys: from now on we can only talk about Western games and Western tastes." Please tell me when I said that we should only talk about Western games. I'm dying to hear.

Shurayuki

Gravity Rush won game of the year, no?

Don't mind if I do. Lists more list, apologies if already posted.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/134/G013499/20120920088/

Big Prize: Gravity Daze

Award of Excellence:
- Gravity Daze
- Skyrim
- Kid Icarus
- Mario 3D Land
- Zelda:SS
- Dark Souls
- FF:XIII-2
- Mario Kart 7
- MH3G
- One Piece Musou

Special Award:
- Osawari Tantei Nameko Saibai Kit (iOS/Android)

Best Seller:
- MK7

Global Prize Japanese Product
- Pokemon Black/White

Global Prize International Product
- COD:MW3

Game Designer's Big Prize
- Journey

Minister of Economy Trade&Industry Prize
- 3DS dev team

Endo Punk

Everything is good except RE6. Demo was so awful I can't imagine the game getting a nomination for anything else but the brand name.

Honestly all of the games in that list deserve to win. Maybe except for fantasy life and JoJo (i still expect them to be great games though)

mujun

I don't like the way they only include Japanese games. Would the same thing be cool at E3 or Gamescom?

Also not cool with the huge procession of black vans driving through the city today telling Koreans to go home and whiteys too :p

zroid

Banned
I don't like the way they only include Japanese games. Would the same thing be cool at E3 or Gamescom?

Also not cool with the huge procession of black vans driving through the city today telling Koreans to go home and whiteys too :p

I would have thought it was because non-Japanese games don't have much of a presence at TGS.

Top Bottom