• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

iD0cwCot7hrvU.png

Finally stopped being lazy with this phone and learned how to do some theming. CMYK off mycolorscreen with SSLauncher.

Love minimalistic set ups, so I think i'll keep this one for a bit!

still trying to figure out how to get rid of the damn credits text up at the top :(

Hello, gentlemen!

I'll be perusing this thread, since I just got myself an S3 (my first smartphone). Some of these set ups look really nice! I'll go back about a page or two and check out some more stuff. I checked the OP but it seems to be rather out of date. What do you guys recommend? For example, I like the blue theme above me.

Hello, gentlemen!

I'll be perusing this thread, since I just got myself an S3 (my first smartphone). Some of these set ups look really nice! I'll go back about a page or two and check out some more stuff. I checked the OP but it seems to be rather out of date. What do you guys recommend? For example, I like the blue theme above me.

League of Legends champion app

gutshot

I have no idea what I'm doing or where to start to customize. I dunno what to do with my S3 to make it look awesome.

I'm in the same boat. I love all these amazingly cool/minimalist customizations and want mine to look like that. It's beautiful.

Yeap. That makes 3.

Easiest way to get started is to download a launcher. If you are on ICS or JB, I recommend either Nova or Apex, as they both run very smoothly. Then, download an icon pack or two, add a sleek weather and clock widget and you'll be on your way.

Mikeside

Easiest way to get started is to download a launcher. If you are on ICS or JB, I recommend either Nova or Apex, as they both run very smoothly. Then, download an icon pack or two, add a sleek weather and clock widget and you'll be on your way.

I usually plan what I want on a bit of paper or make a single-layer wallpaper that looks how I want it and then just research widgets etc that will allow me to get it working

Threi

notag
sorry about that, I was posting from my tablet so i couldn't reverse search as quickly as i needed to...

anyways the icons are in this dropbox (Go through all his stuff, there's some really nice stuff for android customization in there)

wallpapers is here

The labels and shortcuts are minimalistic text. I suggest you download and tinker with it yourself to understand how it works, but either way I put up a download for the labels here (you might have to play around with it to fit your dimensions though)

gutshot

I usually plan what I want on a bit of paper or make a single-layer wallpaper that looks how I want it and then just research widgets etc that will allow me to get it working

Yeah, but for those who don't know exactly what they want yet and just want to jump right in and play around with homescreen customization, starting with a launcher is a good plan. That's what I did anyway.

That being said, don't download Apex right now. The latest update is a disaster, it won't even open. Wait until they fix that.

Mikeside

Yeah, but for those who don't know exactly what they want yet and just want to jump right in and play around with homescreen customization, starting with a launcher is a good plan. That's what I did anyway.

That being said, don't download Apex right now. The latest update is a disaster, it won't even open. Wait until they fix that.

Yeah, that's fair enough - I'd recommend a bit of both, really.
Download a launcher & play with it until you know what it does.
Look at the apps and widgets people are using in this thread, there are a lot of great descriptions in here that should get anyone started if they're willing to read a bit
Then just come up with some ideas and play about. There's not much limit on what you can do with it, so just have fun, really :)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Threi, what the fuck, hook it up.

gutshot

Getting Jelly Bean inspired me to switch it up. Nothing too drastic.

Home Screen
ihrJD.png

Side screens
z7msHl.png
BfkWVl.jpg

Apex Launcher
Clockr
Weather Eye
Circle Battery Widget
Icons are Token
Wallpaper is from Wallbase. Can't remember what it is called though.

Zeth

Finally got Nova Prime during that sale. Now I need to root my N7. Is there a recommended method? Haven't done anything like this since OG Galaxy S era.

Mikeside

Hey all, need some help here, just bought a Nexus 7 and wanna use these custom icons:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1576814
(Thanks to SalsaShark for posting em awhile back)

Anyways, can I do this on stock 4.1 so long as I have Nova or Apex? Or do I have to use MIUI for this set?

If you download the apex theme from that link, then you should be able to load it up as an Apex theme - will probably work in Nova too.

You could probably even crack open the file with 7zip and extract the images to use as you want, too

So for my Nexus 7, I'm thinking of using either Apex Pro or Nova Prime, anyone have a preference for one over the other on a tablet or otherwise?

I knew getting a N7 the week of the 2K13 launch was a bad idea, lol, it takes me forever to customize and figure out a proper set up

Mikeside

So for my Nexus 7, I'm thinking of using either Apex Pro or Nova Prime, anyone have a preference for one over the other on a tablet or otherwise?

I knew getting a N7 the week of the 2K13 launch was a bad idea, lol, it takes me forever to customize and figure out a proper set up

I'd go with Nova because you can set the desktop grid higher if you want and it has folder auto sorting. Plus I like that you can speed up and slow down transition effects in it, but they're both pretty great. Try both and pay for the one you prefer.

3phemeral

Sucks you missed out on the 25 cent Nova Prime sale then.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Slate with a splash of color.

2012-09-24%2019.02.39.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3226360/2012-09-24%2019.02.44.png[/MG][/QUOTE]
Which widget is that at the top?
[quote="Cereal KiIIer, post: 43357650"][img]http://i.imgur.com/jT9av.jpeg

Which battery widget is this?

Sipowicz

Banned
Hi All

I've seen the amazing designs in this thread and I'm interested in customising my HTC One S. What resources do i need in order to do this?

I've already got Nova installed on my phone.

Mikeside

Hi All

I've seen the amazing designs in this thread and I'm interested in customising my HTC One S. What resources do i need in order to do this?

I've already got Nova installed on my phone.

Everything to get you started is in the OP and in people's descriptions and instructions - just play around until you get something you like.

Bboy AJ

Get excited for the Nexus 4.

Instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=31633341#post31633341.

I made a couple of changes to it, including four hidden apps. They're located at the four corners of that middle blank space. The weather image is dynamic. It changes to suit the weather. The line at the top is the battery status. The orange circle around the mic is also ugly. I need to remove that.

reKon

Banned
Top Bottom