• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 |OT| Put a little bounce in your sidestep!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Did you choose to install the game? The music was cutting in and out before I installed the game, and after that everything was smoother.

No, would that stop the hardlocks? :/ Someone needs to test this because I've gotten at least five within an hour and that really sours the hype of the game for me.

DR2K

Banned
Holy shit so much input lag, screen freezing, and slowdown. This is offline, going to restart and see if it fixes the issue. (I already installed)

Yep, restarted and it runs beautifully.

luokyl

Awesome, CE unboxing videos are now on Youtube. The artbook is looking pretty beefy!
I wonder if they'll nerf it when it comes to PAL (it's hilarious how bad our SCV artbook was).

soakrates

Eh, if netcode impressions are still iffy tonight, I think I'll wait until tomorrow. I have my doubts that many people will be playing this offline.

TheSeks

Holy shit so much input lag, screen freezing, and slowdown. This is offline, going to restart and see if it fixes the issue. (I already installed)

Yep, restarted and it runs beautifully.

I wouldn't count on that. Hardlock/screen freeze happened after I rebooted the PS3.

PSN is up, online is hit and miss. First round was laggy. The next was kinda laggy but also kinda smooth. So YMMV with the people it finds.

Ranked is the one that lagged. Simple matches are kinda like ranked but with no letter grade on the line. Was a little better. I haven't done player matches yet but I will soon.

That said, I haven't seen ranked titles so hopefully (*knock on wood*) Team Ninja realizes not everyone wants to play ranked and left bullshit like that out.

Set my title that you have to do in "Mission" and not "Fighter Profile" like I originally thought. "Hitomi Newbie/Veteran" (for now, gonna get that 1000 Hitomi picked eventually)

Interesting, with all of the impressions about the first time booting up and the Team Ninja logo stuttering and being choppy, it ran perfectly fine for me. Did the patch fix this or did it only happen on 360 (I'm on PS3)? I'm installing right now, can't wait to dig in a bit before going to bed.

TheSeks

Okay, I can't create a lobby despite the fact I did it like 10-20 minutes ago as soon as PSN came back up. Nor can I join any player matches. Weird. Guess they're still putting servers up or something? Guess I'll try for the player match achievement tomorrow. >_>

soakrates

Raansu on FreeStepDodge said "DoA4's netcode was much better."

Hope that's not true. Can't be having shitty netcode in this day and age, especially when your franchise has a checkered past.

Skilletor

This is unplayable.

Can't tell connections in ranked.
Can't tell dc ratio.
Can't tell who you're fighting.

Can't tell shit.

Can't counter Christie's 6PPP. Can't counter Jann Lee. Can't block low.

This is horrible. Don't buy it if you planned on playing online.

Ranked matches: Unable to find opponent.
Search lobby and join: Unable to find opponent.

My ports are forwarded.

DR2K

Banned
I have Nat 2(wired), just had another lagless match online. I set region to nearby.

Want to play me Skillitor?

OnslaughtDOA on PSN.

Xevren

This is unplayable.

Can't tell dc ratio.

Can't tell shit.

My ports are forwarded.

Daaaaaaamn.

Squire

Banned
This is unplayable.

Can't tell dc ratio.

Can't tell shit.

My ports are forwarded.

PS3, 360 or both?

This is unplayable.

Can't tell dc ratio.

Can't tell shit.

My ports are forwarded.

Oh well, another game to play "live" with my brother in the comfy couch i guess...is a goddamn shame

This is unplayable.

Can't tell dc ratio.

Can't tell shit.

My ports are forwarded.
:(
What about playing friends is that decent atleast?

Ken

If I remember right the 360 version of Persona 4 Arena had its netcode improved with a patch.

Yeah, it was fixed with a patch by US launch.

Anyways, I'm having fun mashing it out offline casually. Can't wait to try the story if it is indeed kind of tutorial-ish and MK9ish.

Squire

Banned
Track record says no. There's been small improvements, but nothing that's ever redeemed a bad online experience.

It probably depends on how deeply rooted the problem with the net code is. Because by all accounts, that patch for P4A turned the gsme's online right around.

I highly doubt we'll be as fortunate, but the point stands.

If I remember right the 360 version of Persona 4 Arena had its netcode improved with a patch.

that was because they fucked up the coding in the 360 version. The intended netcode is what we have today. They didn't have to rework anything, just repair what was fucked up from the intended coding.

In almost every case, a fucked netcode is still fucked. MvC3 (vanilla), MK9, KOF13, and etc have all received a patch that did literally nothing to fix the netcode.

edit

Wasn't the ps3 the lead platform for P4A as well?

Yeah p4 on xbox had a glitch that made the game speed slow down by half online that's why after patch it was good. If doa 5 netcode is just made bad then i doubt a patch will save it.

This is unplayable.

Can't tell dc ratio.

Can't tell shit.

My ports are forwarded.

wow.

To be honest I'm not surprised. Will I keep my DOA5 preorder or return it? well if I bought the game as a fan service game then I'll keep it.

I never truly intended this to be a fighter I would get into unless it clicked with me. And Team Ninja made that choice for me already. I didn't buy KOF13 because of the netcode, so I'll have to think about what I want to do for DOA5.

I like how everyone ignored DR2K's post

I read it, but I also kept in mind of Maximillians post about saying it was equiv to T6's netcode as well.

Ken

Any good "beginner's guide to DoA/DoA5" around? I tried that FreeStepDodge site but their wiki didn't seem to have anything.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Come on guys, one guy posted his experience online and you guys are holding off ordering it? The game's not even officially out yet.

Squire

Banned
Come on guys, one guy posted his experience online and you guys are holding off ordering it? The game's not even officially out yet.

It is totally out on both coasts of the US at this point. And it was sold early at a lot of places and the servers have been active so critics can review it. We heard mixed impressions of the online all weekend that ranged from "It's terrible" to "It's OK". Waiting to see how it pans out is a fair move at this point. That said, no, it may not be as bad for everyone.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
So far, online feels like 'who can hit buttons faster'. Actually timing proper counters seems pretty difficult and the framerate doesn't seem to stay a constant 60. This is all in ranked matches.

Still picking mine up. I dont believe anything can be SFXT online bad.

uhhh...SFxT was pretty decent outside the audio. I could land 2 frames links consistently. 1 Framers were iffy but I was never consistent offline either way.

In terms of recent fighters (from my experience)

A: SC5, TTT2, P4A, VF5
B: SF4:AE, SFxT,
B-: UMVC3
C: 3sOE, mvc3
D: SC4, MK9, KOF13

Esura

Banned
Do you get anything bonus for doing the bonus missions in Story Mode and they aren't tied to trophies are they? I'm getting tired of doing them.

Top Bottom