• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterC20XX

One interesting thing I noticed is that SunFlowers has been out for almost two months on the App Store and it has 28 ratings. It's been out on the Vita for two days and has 230 ratings! Hopefully this means continued Vita support by the devs. It's harder to get a game to sell well on the App Store with it being so crowded, even if it's a great game like SunFlowers, so I think there's a compelling case to making games for a smaller market.

Agreed. I've wondered this about several other games I'd like to see come over to the Vita: even though the Vita hardware market is smaller will more people purchase the game? For example, how well would a game like NOVA 3 sell on the Vita when there many fans waiting for a new FPS?

darkwing

One interesting thing I noticed is that SunFlowers has been out for almost two months on the App Store and it has 28 ratings. It's been out on the Vita for two days and has 230 ratings! Hopefully this means continued Vita support by the devs. It's harder to get a game to sell well on the App Store with it being so crowded, even if it's a great game like SunFlowers, so I think there's a compelling case to making games for a smaller market.

Sunflowers is #1 on the French PSN store

VanWinkle

Agreed. I've wondered this about several other games I'd like to see come over to the Vita: even though the Vita hardware market is smaller will more people purchase the game? For example, how well would a game like NOVA 3 sell on the Vita when there many fans waiting for a new FPS?

Oh, for sure. I know I'd buy it. 7-10 bucks, it would be an easy buy. Online multiplayer and, most importantly, actual dual analog controls.

...now I want it :-(

Its much easier to be the big fish in the small pond. There was a minis developer saying the same thing (an interview was posted awhile back on GAF I believe). They made more from minis than iOS because their games weren't hitting the iOS charts and no one was buying them

Of course the sky's the limit on iOS assuming you catch fire.

Solomon's Keep is my dream iOS to PSMobile port. I love that game, but the duel analog controls on the touch screen are only servicable

SiDCrAzY

Guys what are some demos or apps I can try ? Already got Uncharted, Resistance, Motorsport and Gravity Rush

Hot Shots Golf, Little Big Planet, Rayman Origins, Retro City Rampage, Unit 13, Super Stardust Delta, Wipeout, annnd....Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward.

spannicus

I wonder why games like Unfinished Swan, Derrick the DeathFin and Wrath of Rabbit arent coming with remote play options. these games are perfect for the Vita.

darkwing

Its much easier to be the big fish in the small pond. There was a minis developer saying the same thing (an interview was posted awhile back on GAF I believe). They made more from minis than iOS because their games weren't hitting the iOS charts and no one was buying them

Of course the sky's the limit on iOS assuming you catch fire.

Solomon's Keep is my dream iOS to PSMobile port. I love that game, but the duel analog controls on the touch screen are only servicable

also if you can be a system seller on an emerging market , you will be like Halo for instance

MisterC20XX

I wonder why games like Unfinished Swan, Derrick the DeathFin and Wrath of Rabbit arent coming with remote play options. these games are perfect for the Vita.

Like Journey Unfinished Swan is a game I must play on my TV, but DeathFin and Wrath do look perfect for the Vita. Especially Wrath from the gameplay stream I watched on PSNStores.

*insert banner here*

Developer: Wayforward
Publisher: Konami
Platform: PlayStation Vita
Genre: Dungeon Crawler
Release Date(s): _________ (NA), ________ (EU)
Players: 1-4

Plot outline

Screenshots

Trailers

Reviews

*Mention demo here*

You know what? What the hey! I'll give it a shot! I guess I have to post that Im doing the OT in the other OT thread right?

chualie

Too many games coming out. I'm guessing the publishers are trying to cash in on the $100 psn promotion. I guess it's good for us vitabros. Now I have to decide which games to get first.

DJMAX
AC3:Liberation
NFS:MW
Smart As
Orgarhythm
Ragnarok Odyssey

Not even counting all the PS1 games I want. This is one hell of a dilemma :(

darkwing

Too many games coming out. I'm guessing the publishers are trying to cash in on the $100 psn promotion. I guess it's good for us vitabros. Now I have to decide which games to get first.

DJMAX
AC3:Liberation
NFS:MW
Smart As
Orgarhythm
Ragnarok Odyssey

Not even counting all the PS1 games I want. This is one hell of a dilemma :(

i'd say AC:L, NFS:MW , these games really push console gaming on a handheld

chualie

i'd say AC:L, NFS:MW , these games really push console gaming on a handheld

I have NFS preordered through newegg. Ill probably get the others off PSN as I have a good amount money left over in my PSN wallet. After getting retail copies of MLB and hot shots I would rather go full out digital. It's so damn convenient.

MisterC20XX

I'll check out Resistance Burning Skies tonight after the patch. I used to be able to get into a game about 1 in 50 tries so I completely stopped playing. If that problem is resolved I may get back into it a little.

I'll be looking forward to a post-patch report. I really wanted to buy R:BS but the problems I heard about MP kept me away.

krpiper

I just bought this and waiting for it come in. I'll report back with my results. I've never tried the game pre-patch though.

I only tried the demo but there was really bad microstutter and everything just seemed to be, off by a fractio of a second or so.

Its hard to explain I only got a few games in and then deleted it

LuchaShaq

Banned
On IGN scale, thats below average. IMHO NLKS is way above average, it's just not very polished in some aspects (framerate, a better map, better tutorials). Everything else is top notch.

I haven't played NLKS so I have zero clue if it's the greatest game of all time or hot garbage.

That said a 58 for ign isn't just "below average" a 58 for ign is basically calling it one of the worst games released this year.

That said lolign.

I stopped caring about IGN reviews a LONG time ago, and you should do the same. Seriously, stop.

I stopped caring about nearly any reviews. It's funny I pretty much know months in advance what games I am going to buy. Resistance Burning Skies looked messy a mile away, and the demo cemented it, for example.

Most sites are terrible when it comes to Eastern games and scoring them.

Edit: Please note, I am not calling R: BS a terrible game because I know others received a lot of enjoyment from it, but rather I could tell it wasn't for me.

UberTag

Remote play screams out like a glaring missed opportunity right now.
I took it for a spin earlier today with the ICO / SotC Collection and came away very impressed.
I'll be taking on these and some other remote play titles using the VITA once we get through the upcoming glut of releases.

Would also like Konami to patch the transfarring challenges with Peace Walker so I can enjoy that on my pretty VITA screen instead of my tiny PSP Go.

sajj316

Hey guys .. just wondering and sorry if this has been discussed countless times .. web lock down at work outside of GAF

I have an UK account but a US Vita. If I purchase another memory card, can I link that memory card to the UK account? Basically switch cards when I want US versus UK?

Hey guys .. just wondering and sorry if this has been discussed countless times .. web lock down at work outside of GAF

I have an UK account but a US Vita. If I purchase another memory card, can I link that memory card to the UK account? Basically switch cards when I want US versus UK?

You can but you have to reset the system and it makes the bubbles move back to default positions

damn..IGN gave a 58/100 for NLKS! 0_o

ign gave the original the reverse: 85 - despite pointing out the same 'control issues' :) ...

friends don't let friends read ign (or base their purchasing decisions on ign reviews). & yes, this sucks if it discourages anyone from checking nlks out...

Hey guys Im planning to get the Assassins Creed bundle on the 30th. Should I buy a memory card right now or wait until the prices drop until then? I have a ton of PS1 games and PSP games I want to play on the Vita.

So, um, retro city rampage... I, uh, don't like it all that much. I'm 35, I get all the references - I just don't find them all that funny. Or fun.

Also IGN can eat a bag of wet dicks, NLKS is freaking amazing.

Also IGN can eat a bag of wet dicks, NLKS is freaking amazing.

You don't have a problem with the performance issues? Hearing about them on RedSunGamer way back turned me off to the game. Memory card space is precious, not sure poor frame rates are sponge worthy

Edit: I haven't read the IGN review so I don't know what their specific complaints were with the game

So LEGO Lord of the Rings released a demo for the 3DS today. I just finished playing through it and if the Vita version is just a port, it'll still be an enjoyable game. The graphics seem to be improved from LEGO Batman 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom