• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Out 11/27 for $19.99 (is Cross Buy) #yopo

Takao

Banned
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/26/ratchet-clank-full-frontal-assault-out-1127-for-19-99/

The 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank is coming up next month, and it’s been a lot of fun this year reliving the memories from our original PS2 games in the recently released Ratchet & Clank Collection. We also had a blast playing the beta of “>Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault with all of you earlier this fall. Since then, we’ve gotten a flood of e-mails, tweets and Facebook posts asking when you can get back to exploring the battlefield and defending your base in FFA.

We’re happy to announce Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault will be available on November 27th on the PlayStation Store and at retail. That’s right, you asked and we listened: Full Frontal Assault will be available as a retail copy for those of you who love physical copies of your games! Both the download and retail versions support cross-buy as well, so your purchase gets you both the game on PS3 and a digital copy for PlayStation Vita.

The other big question we’ve gotten a lot is “How much will the game cost?” As you know, Full Frontal Assault is a “fun-size” project that’s similar in scope to Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty. But Full Frontal is actually bigger than Booty (sorry, couldn’t resist), as we’ve added tons of new features, including the new base assault and defense elements. An even bigger addition to Full Frontal Assault is the replay value we packed in with online / split-screen co-op, and online competitive modes. Most importantly, while the experience itself may be more condensed, the game quality is bursting at the seams. We’re very proud of what we’ve created.

As such, we’re especially excited to announce that Full Frontal Assault is launching for just $19.99. Considering you get a brand-new Ratchet & Clank game for your PS3 and PS Vita, with cross-save and cross-play support for the game’s co-op and competitive multiplayer, it’s a deal that’s hard to refuse.

That’s all for now! We hope you’re excited about Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault’s launch on November 27th; if you have questions, we’ll try to answer them below!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
This game...

I don't know, the beta felt so strange. And i'm not talking about the fortress defending and multi-player, but everything felt different. Shooting, collecting bolts, smashing, Ratchet's "new look" and heck even walking, it all felt so different. That's the case in every game but not like this. Not this extreme.
And i'm not sure I like it.
Is it made by a different team? I don't really follow that kinda stuff, but it certainly feels that way.

But hey, it's a Ratchet game! So i'm probably going to buy it and enjoy every single minute. Crossbuy is cool!
And that price, ahw man. Can't complain about that. :p

It has been too long since I've bought an Insomniac game. Looks like I'll have a reason to hang my James Stevenson portrait back on the wall.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Is retail going to be the same price as PSN? Will this be retail for both PS3, and Vita?

same price.

Retail is PS3. You then can download to your Vita through a new OS-level system that handles cross-buy games if you buy the PS3 disc

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
This game...

I don't know, the beta felt so strange. And i'm not talking about the fortress defending and multi-player, but everything felt different. Shooting, collecting bolts, smashing, Ratchet's "new look" and heck even walking, it all felt so different. That's the case in every game but not like this. Not this extreme.
And i'm not sure I like it.
Is it made by a different team? I don't really follow that kinda stuff, but it certainly feels that way.

But hey, it's a Ratchet game! So i'm probably going to buy it and enjoy every single minute. Crossbuy is cool!
And that price, ahw man. Can't beat that.

was it just the lock-strafe controls being standarded now? ie more like a third person shooter? I know that's thrown a few people

Derrick01

Banned
same price.

Retail is PS3. You then can download to your Vita through a new OS-level system that handles cross-buy games if you buy the PS3 disc

Is there any way you could tell us how big the digital version will be on Vita? I need to know if I'm going to need to get a 16gb card on day 1 or if I can hold off for a while.

Globox_82

Banned
Just purchased Ratchet collection ( all new btw), Jak collection, Gow Origins collection and Red Dead Undead. Ratchet collection was the most expensive one. So it is nice to see this price, but I just know this won't be as special as ACIT. Probably smaller budget.

jstevenson
I hope you can answer. Did ACIT sell poorly or what? Most of ratchet fans agree that it was a special game.

Gadirok

I participated in the beta for this game. I know that the beta is different from the final depiction of the game but I seriously hated the direction they went with this game. Its not ratchet and clank, its more of a MOBA with ratchet and clank elements. More emphasis on the MOBA. This is coming from a fan who actually enjoyed All 4-one (less than the others but I still found it great) though, so you might want to check the game out yourself.

Skipping out on this, even if there is cross buy; but definitely looking forward to sly and ps allstars.

EDIT:I should have noted that I only played a 1vs1. 2vs2 wouldn't work for me for some reason. Dunno why. But it might be worth checking out the co-op and other modes, wasn't aware there were modes.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just purchased Ratchet collection ( all new btw), Jak collection, Gow Origins collection and Red Dead Undead. Ratchet collection was the most expensive one. So it is nice to see this price, but I just know this won't be as special as ACIT. Probably smaller budget.

jstevenson
I hope you can answer. Did ACIT sell poorly or what? Most of ratchet fans agree that it was a special game.

ACIT did pretty well. The nice thing about Ratchet games is even if you don't see them chart, they are there just quietly selling games year-round.

We always want them to do better, and it certainly had more competition than Tools did, but we're still happy with the performance

SykoTech

Ugh, my funds weep. Will buy though. Too attached to R&C not to, especially classic R&C gameplay.

Really hope we get another "mainline" R&C on the PS4, but this should do for now.

Salz01

You had me at 19.99, cross platform. You lost me at tower defense. Want something for my vita like a crack in time.

Gadirok

You had me at 19.99, cross platform. You lost me at tower defense. Want something for my vita like a crack in time.

Agreed. Though I wouldn't say its tower defense. It plays more like a TPS-MOBA (which is kinda tower defense) but some matches can be excruciating

krae_man

tell me more

aUF8H.png

Carl

Hey James is it 60fps?

If it's 30 I hope it's locked and you guys piled on some gorgeous effects.

It'll be 30FPS. Insomniac don't do 60FPS anymore.

E: upon reading the post again it seems it's a YOPO where it works any way around.

same price.

Why on earth is the PS3 version the only one that's cross-buy? That doesn't really make much sense to me. Is the Vita version cheaper or something?

krae_man

It'll be 30FPS. Insomniac don't do 60FPS anymore.

is this another one where the cross-buy only works when you buy the PS3 version? If so, surely the PSVita version is cheaper? :p

Why on earth is the PS3 version the only one that's cross-buy? That doesn't really make much sense to me. Is the Vita version cheaper or something?

There probably isn't a Retail Vita SKU.

DBT85

It sounds like they've made it so the PS3/PSN will notice when you're playing a cross buy game and enable you to get the Vita version for free.

How it distinguishes between used and legitimate new purchases though I have no idea. Probably a code.

Well according to redsungamer when they tried the UMD trade in thing they could only use each UMD once so there had to be some kind of unique ID attached to each disk. I don't know why there couldn't be something similar on the PS3 disk so that whatever account you log in as when the disk is first inserted, that account gets credited a Digital version of the Vita game. That rules out people trading the Vita version.

Not sure how they would have any UID on a printed disk though.

Regardless, more cross buy is excellent.

Deadstar

I actually just started playing A Crack In Time. This sounds really cool and will satisfy my recent lombax craving.

Carl

There probably isn't a Retail Vita SKU and online there is just the one buy one get both option.

Yeah i know. But if the only way it works is "Buy PS3 version, get Vita version free" it makes me think the Vita version should be cheaper.

If Vita version is the same price you should be able to buy the Vita version and get downloadable PS3 version free.

krae_man

Yeah i know. But if the only way it works is "Buy PS3 version, get Vita version free" it makes me think the Vita version should be cheaper.

If Vita version is the same price you should be able to buy the Vita version and get downloadable PS3 version free.

For stuff like All Stars it will probably be PS3 version $60, Vita Version $40. Cross buy only with PS3 version.

If a cross buy game comes out with both retail versions being the same price, I would think you could get cross buy would be available with both versions. However, why would you buy a 4gb Vita game on a card, with a code to download a 10gb PS3 game?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

On PSN you just buy it and you get both, regardless of which platform.

It's a bonus, not part of the whole offer. Same thing at retail, you're getting the PS3 game and the Vita ver is a bonus.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

eh... don't get too worried about it being hyper tower-defense and crappy. It's fun and action packed, you get to explore the battlefields on hoverboots, you get to fight tons of enemies, and there is a story.

worst case, you're out 20 bucks and you can sell your disc to recover some of that.

It's still action-Ratchet gameplay

Is this a PSN only game? Seems awfully cheap.....might buy it if reviews are good.

No one has asked this so I will, does it have a platinum trophy?

ACIT did pretty well. The nice thing about Ratchet games is even if you don't see them chart, they are there just quietly selling games year-round.

LIES. If I don't see them charting on an NPD, MC, or EU thread, that means they don't sell at all and are bombas and that's that :p

EDIT: Not a PSN only game. Wow.

VanWinkle

As a huge R&C fan, I would love to get this, but I really wasn't feeling the beta. I very much dislike the tower defense elements, and that's the biggest aspect of the game. I wanted classic R&C gameplay. But I do hope there are those who enjoy it.

Who's doing the Vita conversion, by the way?

Massa

was it just the lock-strafe controls being standarded now? ie more like a third person shooter? I know that's thrown a few people

One thing I missed from ACiT was being able to throw the wrench while hover booting.

By the way James, any idea when we'll see some Vita footage?

Top Bottom