• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Out 11/27 for $19.99 (is Cross Buy) #yopo

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wait, just to clarify, it is now in it's current state more like a traditional R&C campaign experience than what it was when it was first unveiled?? Only with added co-op and MP? This could mean me buying it if this is the case. Also does the multiplayer only have the tower defense type mode, or is there more traditional competitive multiplayer modes?

There are large, wide open levels, you have to explore them to collect bolts / win nodes / fight enemies / get weapons. You also have to manage your bases defense as the same time, come back to repel invasions. You get around these levels on hoverboots.

There is a full story with cinematics between the levels with Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and a returning character who is the new villain.

MP is all the MOBA/tower defense mode.

Regardless, even if you aren't interested in MP, the campaign is more than worth the 20 bucks, in my incredibly biased opinion

Goldrusher

Retail is PS3. You then can download to your Vita through a new OS-level system that handles cross-buy games if you buy the PS3 disc
From what I've read on the Blog, the Vita-game is on the PS3-disc.
You can copy it to a Vita, if the Vita is tied to your PS3.

That's great stuff.

edit: No online pass either.

Carl

Is there a lot of content as a single player game? No offense but no matter how good the MP is, i couldn't give a shit, i'm not going to touch it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Is there a lot of content as a single player game? No offense but no matter how good the MP is, i couldn't give a shit, i'm not going to touch it.

it's Q4B sized or slightly bigger, along with efficiency rankings. There's also all of the ranking up stuff, getting leveled up ranks / new armor + you have gold bolts and all of that jazz.

Himself

I'm glad Insomniac went in a different direction with the game design for because I don't think Q4B worked at all. It felt like a segment from a larger game and wasn't satisfying. I'm also glad there is a retail release! And on Vita!

Will there be a demo?

Sid

it's Q4B sized or slightly bigger, along with efficiency rankings. There's also all of the ranking up stuff, getting leveled up ranks / new armor + you have gold bolts and all of that jazz.

There are large, wide open levels, you have to explore them to collect bolts / win nodes / fight enemies / get weapons. You also have to manage your bases defense as the same time, come back to repel invasions. You get around these levels on hoverboots.

There is a full story with cinematics between the levels with Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and a returning character who is the new villain.

MP is all the MOBA/tower defense mode.

Regardless, even if you aren't interested in MP, the campaign is more than worth the 20 bucks, in my incredibly biased opinion
Based on all of this i'm going to give you guys the benefit of the doubt and will buy it since insomniac almost always makes super fun games except A4O.

RPGCrazied

I'm actually starting to get into ratchet and clank. I bought the collection, plus there is Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time on the PS3 I want to play too.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm glad Insomniac went in a different direction with the game design for because I don't think Q4B worked at all. It felt like a segment from a larger game and wasn't satisfying. I'm also glad there is a retail release! And on Vita!

Will there be a demo?

I think we are going to have a trial version that you can pay to unlock

Carl

Fair enough, i liked the length of Q4B, so sounds perfect to me. Nice one.

Think I'll have to pick this up. Insomniac aren't in my good books right now, what with the OverStrike/Fuse debacle, the "we'll always include multiplayer from now on" bullshit outlook and the continued lack of a full-fledged Ratchet & Clank game since ACiT. But at £13, this is cheap as chips, and jstevenson is selling it well right now. Plus Crossbuy.

Eh it's not that important anyway. I'm going to have to get a 16 or 32gb card eventually.

It sounds like they've made it so the PS3/PSN will notice when you're playing a cross buy game and enable you to get the Vita version for free.

How it distinguishes between used and legitimate new purchases though I have no idea. Probably a code.
Do you live in the US? Vita memory cards are going to be dirt cheap on black Friday.

Eeeenteresting. I hope the online is up to snuff. I tried out the beta and never actually got matched up with anyone for multiplayer. However I'm a Ratchet & Clank whore so I'll definitely be picking this up regardless.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Eeeenteresting. I hope the online is up to snuff. I tried out the beta and never actually got matched up with anyone for multiplayer. However I'm a Ratchet & Clank whore so I'll definitely be picking this up regardless.

weird.

the MP is good, it's actually come quite a way since the beta too. We learned so much. Playing it hyper competitively here is also been a huge help in balancing. But there's even more depth to it now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
weird.

the MP is good, it's actually come quite a way since the beta too. We learned so much. Playing it hyper competitively here is also been a huge help in balancing. But there's even more depth to it now.

Y U NO Answer me James?

GraveRobberX

Don't be silly.
One game, one playthrough, one trophy.
Why would you deserve two?

Hey Motorstorm RC & Sound Shapes and others let me

James was saying he had something cool planned for us Trophy Whores

Just want confirmation that's all

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hey Motorstorm RC & Sound Shapes and others let me

James was saying he had something cool planned for us Trophy Whores

Just want confirmation that's all

Oh, not only is it a platinum, but it's got the same trophies amount as a regular game. Not the smaller amount some PSN games have.

GraveRobberX

It's definitely a platinum, which was the question at the time.

I think it's a double, but not sure.

Woo-Hoo

*smooches*

Time to start accumulating more shinies

Haha @ Wario/Goldrusher

Wait you edited, so confused

James please find out, it's my virtual trophy accumulation here we are talking about

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Woo-Hoo

*smooches*

Time to start accumulating more shinies

Haha @ Wario/Goldrusher

Wait you edited, so confused

James please find out, it's my virtual trophy accumulation here we are talking about

I was confused about why I was teasing, which wasn't the platinum, rather the amount of trophies.

It MAY be a double plat, not sure.

I do everything for Clank. I can't stand his eyes when I disappoint him

ratchet_japan.jpg

TripOpt55

That is cool there will be a retail copy. I will definitely be grabbing it that way instead of digital. The beta was okay, but I am curious how this style of game will transfer to a singleplayer/story mode. I love Ratchet though, so I am really excited.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
can't wait, I loved what I played of the beta *and DESTROYED EVERYONE IN IT*

Even before the nerfs and buffs to make the game more "fair" I was still having epic 1 hour battles with good players. SHIT WAS FUCKING AWESOME

Derrick01

Banned
you have to play 5 PVP games and one co-op game and that's it??

I know I know. It could be a lot worse, but still I have to find someone to co-op with when I'm the only Ratchet fan I know of (btw I'm finally playing the HD collection now. Really good job on those). I'm sure I'll platinum it since those aren't so bad for online trophies.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I know I know. It could be a lot worse, but still I have to find someone to co-op with when I'm the only Ratchet fan I know of (btw I'm finally playing the HD collection now. Really good job on those). I'm sure I'll platinum it since those aren't so bad for online trophies.

but it has online co-op?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Any news on the Vita version? Also, does this game support cross-play?

Vita version is still coming.

Cross-play for competitive MP is supported.

Cross save is supported.

Cross-buy is also supported in that you will get the Vita version for free when you buy the game on PSN or buy the retail PS3 game.

RPGCrazied

So this is more multiplayer/coop focused like All 4 One? I have ToD and CiT to play, getting them today. I guess quest for booty, but might pass on this and All 4 One if it sacrifices story.

Day one purchase for me. Love R&C and only recently played All 4 One. The mixed reviews caused me to skip it.

I'm now sorry I waited for the PS+ version before I played it. It's great. Played through the whole thing co-op with my 4 year old. Ratchet has become for him what Mario was for me.

Corto

Cross save is supported.

Cross-buy is also supported in that you will get the Vita version for free when you buy the game on PSN or buy the retail PS3 game.

That much support deserves my support. ;) Day one.

minimoke

Cross save is supported.

Awesome, can't wait! Day 1:)

Top Bottom