• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Out 11/27 for $19.99 (is Cross Buy) #yopo

DAY ONE

Just need to decide if I want to go digital or retail. I have a feeling that ugly "CROSS BUY" logo on the retail box might push me digital. :/

Thrakier

I wish you guys success. Ratchet is a nice character. Loved the old games back in PS2 days and the first two PS3 titles.

On PSN you just buy it and you get both, regardless of which platform.

It's a bonus, not part of the whole offer. Same thing at retail, you're getting the PS3 game and the Vita ver is a bonus.

Okay, cool. I guess it's just Sly 4 and PS All Stars that're one way but seeing as their Vita versions are cheaper, it makes sense.

Depending on my monetary situation at the time, I'll probably pick this up. Still waiting on that Deadlocked HD port, which'll hopefully be a better port than the trilogy...

Duffyside

Banned
ACIT did pretty well. The nice thing about Ratchet games is even if you don't see them chart, they are there just quietly selling games year-round.

Interesting. A banned site had given me this information over the years, as I checked on what the most under-appreciated titles have sold. Nice to know that place isn't totally useless. Even better to know that Ratchet still maintains as a fairly strong brand.

Globox_82

Banned
ACIT did pretty well. The nice thing about Ratchet games is even if you don't see them chart, they are there just quietly selling games year-round.

We always want them to do better, and it certainly had more competition than Tools did, but we're still happy with the performance

Thanks for your reply

VanWinkle

Missed that part. And odd there is no retail sku btw of a first party title with Ratchet in it.

Quest for Booty wasn't retail. This wasn't going to be retail either since it's a smaller game, but fans kept asking for it, so they decided to go ahead and do it. But it makes more sense to put it on the console that has a far larger userbase.

Might be too distracted with All Stars to pick this up day one...But definite buy at some point. Can't wait to have Ratchet on my Vita

Nekobo

YOU CAN'T BOMBA US IF WE START AT 19.99... THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT

Can you play through the main campaign with friends? How many players can participate in the offline, splitscreen co-op mode?

If I buy the PS3 version and do the whole cross play thing, would it be possible for two of my friends to play it splitscreen and I play with them on my Vita?

Sid

We always want them to do better, and it certainly had more competition than Tools did, but we're still happy with the performance
Then why not make another one like ACIT?

Quest for Booty wasn't retail. This wasn't going to be retail either since it's a smaller game, but fans kept asking for it, so they decided to go ahead and do it. But it makes more sense to put it on the console that has a far larger userbase.

But this is retail on PS3. Makes sense to put it on a sysyem that needs a larger userbase. Thinking like this, the Vita would get zero retail games which is crazy talk.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
After what I played of the beta I won't be picking this up. Call me when a real R&C game is released.

Duffyside

Banned
Though I will probably get this (Giant Bomb Quick Look pending my decision), I am surprised that it's $20. Not that it's a bad thing, or not worth it, but everyone reacting in disbelief... I thought this was a standard $15 PSN game.

Mesoian

Though I will probably get this (Giant Bomb Quick Look pending my decision), I am surprised that it's $20. Not that it's a bad thing, or not worth it, but everyone reacting in disbelief... I thought this was a standard $15 PSN game.

Didn't they do a Quicklook EX of this game? I thought I remember that.

VanWinkle

But this is retail on PS3. Makes sense to put it on a sysyem that needs a larger userbase. Thinking like this, the Vita would get zero retail games which is crazy talk.

I'm saying that after enough fans pushed for retail, they did it, but since it's only a $20 game (meaning less profit by making it retail), it makes more fiscal sense for them to put it on the system it's likely to sell more on. It wouldn't have made as much fiscal sense for them to put a $20 retail game that was going to be just PSN on both platforms unless they knew it would sell well on both.

Can't wait for this. If I download off of psn can I get it on both systems or do I have to buy the ps3 version at retail for cross buy?

Mesoian

Alas I think those days are over.

I'm sure there will be another one day, but not for a few years. Honestly, as long as FFA has a nice single player campaign, there's no reason to worry. Heck, Deadlocked had a fun single player campaign and the majority of that game were multiplayer against bots unless you had the PS2 network adapter.

Have faith.

Lombax

Banned
I'm sure there will be another one day, but not for a few years. Honestly, as long as FFA has a nice single player campaign, there's no reason to worry. Heck, Deadlocked had a fun single player campaign and the majority of that game were multiplayer against bots unless you had the PS2 network adapter.

Have faith.

Aye. I am sure some day there will be a return to the old style of Ratchet and Clank game, I just miss them a lot.
This will sound sappy as all hell but the original game has a special place in my heart because it was the first thing to make me smile after loosing my two best friends in the same year.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Then why not make another one like ACIT?

Who says we won't at some point? Keep in mind A41 was being developed simultaneously with ACIT.

And from all the reaction, this smaller Ratchet game went to being more of a classic Ratchet action w/ co-op and MP.

Also - if you played the beta, MP has continued to improve. There's even more strategic choices in the final game, and LOTS of post-ship content planned.

VanWinkle

Who says we won't at some point? Keep in mind A41 was being developed simultaneously with ACIT.

And from all the reaction, this smaller Ratchet game went to being more of a classic Ratchet action w/ co-op and MP.

Also - if you played the beta, MP has continued to improve. There's even more strategic choices in the final game, and LOTS of post-ship content planned.

Wait, just to clarify, it is now in it's current state more like a traditional R&C campaign experience than what it was when it was first unveiled?? Only with added co-op and MP? This could mean me buying it if this is the case. Also does the multiplayer only have the tower defense type mode, or is there more traditional competitive multiplayer modes?

Sid

That's the thing man...i love the great SP games like Resistance 1-3,ratchet future and PS2 trilogy.I hope you guys return to that style of games some day.

Top Bottom