• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ for PS Vita comes next week with FW 2.00, games revealed (WOW)

Corto

The wording in the europe blog is a bit confusing. They say that Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush will be accessible for a "prolonged period of time" and Blob and Chronovolt are also part of the offer. If I download all of them I get to keep them as long as I have Plus yes?

This is a great time to buy a Vita if you haven't got one.

Pick up one of the bundles out there Assassins Creed, LittleBigPlanet, COD
Then get PSN+ and have Uncharted, WipeOut, Jet Set, Gravity Rush, Mutant Blobs for free (if you have a PS3 PSN+ is even more amazing)
Then there is a good backlog of games out (UMVC3, Need for Speed, Mortal Kombat, SFxT, Virtua Tennis, Rayman, Unit 13, MGS, Hotshots Gold and etc).
And finally some games to look forward to (All Stars Battle Royal, Persona 4, Killzone, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice).

Exactly!

Provide a minimum of 1 month of PS+ for new and current Vita owners. Watch it boom!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This is a great time to buy a Vita if you haven't got one.

Pick up one of the bundles out there Assassins Creed, LittleBigPlanet, COD
Then get PSN+ and have Uncharted, WipeOut, Jet Set, Gravity Rush, Mutant Blobs for free (if you have a PS3 PSN+ is even more amazing)
Then there is a good backlog of games out (UMVC3, Need for Speed, Mortal Kombat, SFxT, Virtua Tennis, Rayman, Unit 13, MGS, Hotshots Gold and etc).
And finally some games to look forward to (All Stars Battle Royal, Persona 4, Killzone, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice).

Plus great and cheap PSP games (P3P Portable, No Heroes Allowed, FFIV, FFT..)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I'm interested in this as well. The video says something like "better html5 and java support." Well, to my knowledge these don't even work unless there are specific apps that use these. I can't go on youtube.com in the browser and use html5 or view any giantbomb videos in html5 on their site like you can on an ipad. I really hope real html5 support is in.
Vita browser is useless IMO until we can start it while actually running a game in the background. Tired of getting out the smartphone while playing a game on Vita

Even the 3DS has this function FFS

Carl

The wording in the europe blog is a bit confusing. They say that Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush will be accessible for a "prolonged period of time" and Blob and Chronovolt are also part of the offer. If I download all of them I get to keep them as long as I have Plus yes?

Yes. Same as PS3 plus.

What they mean is, GR and GA will be the free games for quite some time. The other two will change every month

Pranay

InFamous 2 is free for a year so its similar to that :)

Few games will be rotated, 2 games will be their for quite a while

I'm not sure what this means. Does it mean that if you are a PS+ member that you can simply download Uncharted, Wipeout etc. for free and have them connected to your account forever? Or do they get deleted once you are not a PS+ member anymore?

Toki767

I'm not sure what this means. Does it mean that if you are a PS+ member that you can simply download Uncharted, Wipeout etc. for free and have them connected to your account forever? Or do they get deleted once you are not a PS+ member anymore?

They're yours forever as long as you're subscribed to PS+. If you unsubscribe, you can't play them but if you resubscribe, you can play them again.

Pranay

1 - It will always stay with you but you can play them only as a member

While you are not a member, the free games are disabled. They come back if you resub, but you may have to download them again...depending on the game

edit:...and beaten like quiche

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Correct. You can use them again once you decide to resub PS+ whenever you wish, though.

Corto

I secretly was hoping that the Vita plus announcement would include Tokyo Jungle native for Vita and free to everyone that bought the PS3 version. Where the hell is the vita patch?

test_account

XP-39C²
Vita browser is useless IMO until we can start it while actually running a game in the background. Tired of getting out the smartphone while playing a game on Vita

Even the 3DS has this function FFS
You can use the browser while a game is playing if you go through the Twitter app first. It is a small hurdle, but at least it works.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Holy crap! That's just ridiculous. I was only expecting one or two games, not this. PSN+ continues to kick ass!

Edit: Where's that 128gb memory card Sony? ;)

Bollocks

Just saw it:
mother-of-god.jpg

Tizoc

I don't get what this means, so could some clear it up for me? if I spend $5 a month, I get Plus for 1 month and with that access to various Vita and PS3 games?

Tsunamo

One question. With the saves being linked to the game bubble, would I be able to trade in Uncharted & then download it via PS+ and keep my save? Or is this not possible?
Depends on if Cloudsaves allow you to transfer retail saves to the downloadable versions or not, at the moment I don't believe it's possible.

Toma

I secretly was hoping that the Vita plus announcement would include Tokyo Jungle native for Vita and free to everyone that bought the PS3 version. Where the hell is the vita patch?
Huh? Was that announced somewhere? TJ on Vita?

whitehawk

Banned
Wait I have a question. I already bought Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout on game cards. If I were to sell Gravity Rush right now, and then download it with PS+, would my save file still be used?

Toma

Wait I have a question. I already bought Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout on game cards. If I were to sell Gravity Rush right now, and then download it with PS+, would my save file still be used?

Maybe through +cloud storage, we dont know yet though.

Corto

I don't get what this means, so could some clear it up for me? if I spend $5 a month, I get Plus for 1 month and with that access to various Vita and PS3 games?

That $5 a month thing is just the total value of the subscription diluted by its duration period. You pay $50 per yearly Plus subscription that gives you access to the instant games collection on the PS3 and from now on on the Vita also. Those games are yours to play and download whenever you want as long as you are a Plus member.

IronLich

I think I picked a good month to get a Vita, because Uncharted wasn't at my Gamestop, and a week later, WOW, it's free!

For a nominal fee...

Skilletor

Except WotL is crap on the PSP2 unless you have the Sandbox mode hack to make it run full speed even with spells being slung around.

Why do you insist on saying PSP2 when it's just as many keystrokes as Vita. Especially when Vita is easier to type? Hell, even PSV would make more sense.

sTeLioSco

Banned
If you dont have a ps vita can you add content to the download list and download it later on?
Yes you can. Download away with your Plus membership, and when you get your PS Vita they’ll be sitting there waiting for you to transfer over.

Can you download content in 2 PS3 and 1 PS vita?
You’re entitled to DRM on 2 home consoles and 2 portables.

Where is the monthly update?
Plus updates come weekly every Monday on the PS blog.

You can use the browser while a game is playing if you go through the Twitter app first. It is a small hurdle, but at least it works.

That's the most informative tip I've read in this thread. Thanks. Playing Corpse Party right now, and yeah, I've got my 3DS beside me with the browser open (which is a really P.O.S. btw). Would be nice to not have the two devices going at once.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
So only uncharted for me i guess. Better than nothing i suppose. I now know how US PS+ members feels about the ps3 plus games.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Are game saves compatible between cartridges versions and the digital ones?

I can't believe how far PS+ has come since it first launched. I got it day 1 and that first year was meh and didn't renew after the year ran up. Now with this VITA PS+ I am back on board. This is seriously the best thing Sony could have done with the network. Keep PS+ and continue with free online next gen please Sony. But cloud storage and automatic patch/firmware downloads I assume will be a system wide non PS+ feature next gen.

Toma

Does anyone know the current GameStop trade-in values due both Gravity Rush & Uncharted: Golden Abyss?

They probably do on a shop by shop basis depending on how smart and informed the shop leader is. The longer you wait, the higher the chances that they'll get whats going on.

This locks in my Vita as my go to platform for the near future. About damn time Sony did something to entice people to buy Vitas. I want this system to thrive!

edit: And just bought a 32GB card on amazon. Sony just got another $80 out of me...

Top Bottom