• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

DeVeAn

Just checked, and yes, it looks like you can delete the update data after it's been installed. Just go to System Settings, then Data Management, choose the drive, then go to game data, and the update should be there. Then just choose it, hit the large delete button, and then you should be able to play through all of Career mode with no issues on the Wii U. Just make sure it doesn't update.

I'm on Chapter 4, and have had zero issues or glitches so far.

The extra Wii U multiplayer modes should work, too. No online though, I'd imagine. I haven't tested those, though.
Can the game be launched though? It reads that it won't.

Can the game be launched though? It reads that it won't.

Well, I haven't updated the game, so someone else will have to test that out for me...

I just keep deleting the update before it can install. Hah.

I only looked to see if the update data for my other, already updated games showed up with a delete option, and they did. But I haven't done any testing for that stuff, either.

So...it was just a theory, really. It might work, but I can't say for sure.

By the way, are trying it on a digital or physical copy?

Zero148

does anyone else have problems to connect to friends for online play? it doesn't even connect at all for me (WiiU Version)

It also sucks that Miiverse is disabled when you are in an online lobby for private play

StayDead

Can anyone confirm if this is cross region? I'm importing my Wii U and was wondering if it might be worth me picking it up if it gets released in Japan, I won't bother if the online is locked though.

Coxy

I think it is a travesty that Samba De Janeiro is not in this game.
Same with Concept of Love.
They brought back two of the tracks that those songs played on but don't include them at all.

The real crime is clearly not using Angels with Burning Hearts for the Burning Rangers track but I guess there might have been a licensing issue with that

Can anyone confirm if this is cross region? I'm importing my Wii U and was wondering if it might be worth me picking it up if it gets released in Japan, I won't bother if the online is locked though.

Last I heard there will be no japanese release at all

DeVeAn

Well, I haven't updated the game, so someone else will have to test that out for me...

I just keep deleting the update before it can install. Hah.

I only looked to see if the update data for my other, already updated games showed up with a delete option, and they did. But I haven't done any testing for that stuff, either.

So...it was just a theory, really. It might work, but I can't say for sure.

By the way, are trying it on a digital or physical copy?
Digital.

Mesoian

untitled-1sso8k.jpg

AWWW YEAH!

Platy

A friend pointed me an interesting fact that I don't know if was mentioned on this thread :

Alex Kidd release date in USA is December 24 1986

One day before
the free dlc gets activated

Will they ever patch face buttons back in for accelerate?

I really hate using R2 on a Dualshock3 for the gas ...especially when a game such as this doesn't even need it as you're either driving flat out or you're not.

T___T

Smilax

I really hate using R2 on a Dualshock3 for the gas ...especially when a game such as this doesn't even need it as you're either driving flat out or you're not.

T___T

That... that sounds really terrible. I just thought that was a Wii U Tablet thing.

EulaCapra

Can someone please give a basic rundown on the party game modes? Have the Wii U version and me and my friends can not for the life of us can't figure out the rules on some even looking at the manual or is so damn glitchy that it's unplayable. It boggles my mind how vague their mode descriptions are.

Smilax

Can someone please give a basic rundown on the party game modes? Have the Wii U version and me and my friends can not for the life of us can't figure out the rules on some even looking at the manual or is so damn glitchy that it's unplayable. It boggles my mind how vague their mode descriptions are.

I don't think any of them work currently. I think they are all glitched out, of course, I only tried a few of them.

RobbieNick

T___T

You can switch it to L1/R1 in the options.

deleted

I don't get, why the patch is taking so long... CoD:BO2 has one released already. And that was days ago with no gamebreaking bugs.

Amneisac

Hah watched during dinner and it was good, glad to see more people are liking the game.

...but what's withe comparison with Mario Kart? It's every kart game that's getting released needs to be compared to it >_>;

Well, almost everyone has played Mario Kart, almost no one has played any other cart racing game. Even calling it a "kart game" you're basically doing the same thing. Not to mention it cribs about 90% of the game play from Mario Kart.

All that being said this game is totally better than Mario Kart and I love it.

Tizoc

Well, almost everyone has played Mario Kart, almost no one has played any other cart racing game. Even calling it a "kart game" you're basically doing the same thing. Not to mention it cribs about 90% of the game play from Mario Kart.

All that being said this game is totally better than Mario Kart and I love it.

Heh well count me as among the 1% who have NOT played Mario Kart (SNES OR 64, I did play MK Wii and enjoyed it for the most part).
My very first kart game was Crash Team Racing though.

As is, I'd rank my fav. Kart racing games as follows:
1- Tie between CTR and Sonic Transformed
2- Sonic & SEGA Racing
3- Just about every other Kart game I've played but fail to remember its name @3@

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Just received a shipping update from Best Buy Canada, where they believe the Vita version will release on December 18th.

Kind of hope we get a screenshot before then, but whatever. I'm already sold on it.

Tizoc

Just received a shipping update from Best Buy Canada, where they believe the Vita version will release on December 18th.

Kind of hope we get a screenshot before then, but whatever. I'm already sold on it.

US PS Blog said it'd release on the 11th IIRC, will wait and see...

T___T

That... that sounds really terrible. I just thought that was a Wii U Tablet thing.

Er.. I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive I saw this option in the Wii U version.

Het_Nkik

I just got the game today on Wii U, and when I loaded it up it downloaded an update. Wasn't that the patch? Or something else?

That's the patch that breaks the game. We're looking for a patch that fixes that patch. Unless you're in Europe which I think has the right patch up.

SykoTech

T___T

Yeah, same here. Really wish S0L would have told us about that upfront, especially since the Wii U version has the option and the PS3 one doesn't. I would have just waited and bought the game once I got a Wii U if I had known. Growing up playing countless hours of CTR and Mario Kart, I really need an option to map accelerate to a face button.

Patch please!

S0L

SUMO DIGITAL
Not necessarily...

I'm told the Wii U US update to 1.1.1 should happen in the next few hours. Signed off by NOA a couple of hours ago.

You can check which version you have by going into the options screen, will be at the bottom left of the screen.

Again, a huge apology from us over the fact it wasn't right and the amount of time it's taken. Hopefully you'll see a few improvements as well as it fixing those boost and arena mode glitches!

---
S0L
---

OctoWara289

Neo Member
Not necessarily...

I'm told the Wii U US update to 1.1.1 should happen in the next few hours. Signed off by NOA a couple of hours ago.

You can check which version you have by going into the options screen, will be at the bottom left of the screen.

Again, a huge apology from us over the fact it wasn't right and the amount of time it's taken. Hopefully you'll see a few improvements as well as it fixing those boost and arena mode glitches!

---
S0L
---

Beautiful. Can't wait! :)

Not necessarily...

---
S0L
---

Playing the Yub Yub song from Jedi.

Feels good.

Top Bottom