• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: The Game Retail Bundle

The_Monk

I was going to ask if there was an unboxing video just now. Thanks!

If I could get this in the Europe (amazon.uk if possible) I would double dip.

bryehn

Just popped in the regular disc version (No CE in Canada, boo) and two things. It's running like garbage, slow and stuttery even at the menu. Also, there's no option to install to HDD (360).

Shoulda just bought the last couple episodes I was missing.

alphaNoid

Banned
I think in years past, XBLA games that have gone retail have not been able to install to HDD as well. I think it might be something with the XNA/C# SDK that wraps the application to a single device and isn't designed to be 'installed' elsewhere.. like the regular 360 SDK does.

I'm not 100% sure though, I seem to recall reading that back in like 2008 or so when a few XBLA games got a dedicated retail release like Feeding Frenzy, Geometry Wars etc...

bryehn

wait, what? you can't install it? that makes no sense, I install all my games :/

There's simply no option there, even after rebooting my Xbox. Dumb.

Oh and yeah, it's really running like shit, gonna try on my other Xbox and hope it's just my old one acting up.

Downhome

It's wacky how Amazon alters their trade in value all the time, but I guess it's automatic maybe? Just earlier today, as in an hour or two ago, they were offering $30 for the 360 version.

The PS3 version is back in stock at Amazon, and the 360 is able to be bought at the normal price, but it's "temporarily out of stock" at the moment.

There's simply no option there, even after rebooting my Xbox. Dumb.

Oh and yeah, it's really running like shit, gonna try on my other Xbox and hope it's just my old one acting up.

So wait does this mean the disc version run worse then the dl version? O_O

Cheska

Isn't Compedium 1 cheaper than $50? This package seems overpriced.

You're basically paying less than $10 more for the different cover and box. For someone who hasn't experienced the game or read the comics I don't think it's overpriced at all. Especially considering that if the game really is as good as everyone is making it out to be, then paying extra for something limited and that I'll want to keep is worth it.

Zekes!

Someone on gamefaqs said the PS3 version was choppy as well, though that was one dude as no one's really talking about it (yet)

Really disappointing because I put off buying DL version for the physical.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hmmm, can someone tell me why: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WQOGXM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is $44 on Xbox and $29 on PS3?

Don't get it.

Haven't checked the game out (insane backlog, no time, etc), but all the buzz has got me real curious and I think I'd rather just get a console version, but the price difference here is really odd (I'm out of the loop on why this would be the case, is there a platform difference?)

Hmmm, can someone tell me why: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WQOGXM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Don't get it.

Haven't checked the game out (insane backlog, no time, etc), but all the buzz has got me real curious and I think I'd rather just get a console version, but the price difference here is really odd (I'm out of the loop on why this would be the case, is there a platform difference?)

The $44 price is from a 3rd party seller, who set their own prices as opposed to Amazon's MSRP pricing. MSRP on it is still $29, but it's out of stock so it defaults to the next available seller. Once it's back in stock on Amazon.com, it'll show the $29 price for 360.

vercity82

Anybody able to snag me a collectors for ps3 to send to the uk give me a shout hate uk misses out on great things like this.

fernoca

Someone on gamefaqs said the PS3 version was choppy as well, though that was one dude as no one's really talking about it (yet)

Really disappointing because I put off buying DL version for the physical.
The digital versions are kinda "choppy" too, with small pauses and other small things. Probably more in here, because it's streaming from the disc.
At least there are no mandatory installs compared to other collections, so I guess is the cost for saving 3+GB of HDD space.

And yeah, I put off buying the limited dition, when it turned out that the compendium on it is the same that is been sold by seperate (Volume I) just with a different cover. Still, nice/big book.

Carnby

Don't get it.

It's private sellers trying to make money by raising the price. Wait it out, there will be more copies. I doubt they will limit the standard release of a game based on a hot IP and a recent winner of GOTY.

zroid

Banned
Soon

jbnzrxVx4r1S7v.png

Downhome

I just picked up the CE from GS and the single "Limited Edition" version of the game from Best Buy. Excuse the awful pictures, I had to take them really quick in low light with my phone before running back to work. I find it interesting that there are essentially three different covers for the game now...

KbO4v.jpg

NtPww.jpg

Zekes!

The digital versions are kinda "choppy" too, with small pauses and other small things. Probably more in here, because it's streaming from the disc.
At least there are no mandatory installs compared to other collections, so I guess is the cost for saving 3+GB of HDD space.

Yeah. If it's worse on the physical though I feel like I may as well get the digital now.

~Kinggi~

Banned
There is barely any stock for this retail release. I was able to nab the last one at my best buy for 360. Am bummed out to hear you cant install this shit. Ugh.. Anyway they should have printed more, damn game won goty and will be in high demand im sure.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Damn, I had to go to 4 different retail locations to find one lol. One of my local Best Buy's had one sitting on the shelf, so I snatched it up.

fernoca

Well, got it (regular edition) on PS3.
-No mandatory install
-Up to 1080p
-Up to 30MB save/data (info back of the box) [at the moment is just a 300+kb save]
-15MB patch at the beginning (fix for Episode 5)
-8 pages/full color booklet (though there are not many illustrations or pictures :p)
-No inside art
-Menus and eveyrthing are the same as the digital version, from the "news" about Episode 5 been out, to a "Downloadable Content" section which just shows that all episodes are "Installed".

Finished the first chapter and at the moment...nothing big/bad to report. At the moment, everything seems to run...the same. I already played the first two chapters on Xbox 360 and aside the "slight pauses" here and there usually when new lines or dialogue are about to happen, I haven't noticed anything weird or bad about the game.

I'm glad I got it since everything's on the disc and don't need to download/install anything else. Already enjoyed the first two chapters back when I had a 360; so...guess I'll see if things stay the same over the next chapters..and the other 3 which will be completely new to me.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah i just played through the first chapter on 360. Other than some godawful initial lag, where it seems to be doing some heavy caching when you first start up the game with the menu system, things smooth out a bit once you start playing. Loading doesnt seem bad to me off the disc. I havent played this before though. Love the writing so far. Characters are actually likeable for the most part. Little girl is actually cute instead of annoying like most of them.

dummydecoy

The digital versions are kinda "choppy" too, with small pauses and other small things.

Ugh. Really? Graphics aren't even doing anything special. How about tearing?
I kinda asked the missus to get me this for xmas. Maybe I'll just ask for Journey instead. :(
Telltale why u suck?

border

I am thinking about picking up the Collector's Edition, and letting my girlfriend play through the X360 version on her system, which would probably not have a hard drive. Does anyone know how well the game performs on a 360 without HDD? Obviously you could not install it, but they won't even be able to cache data if there's no HDD.....so it would be purely running off the disc.

Even in my PC Steam version, there was a lot of weird stuttering in the cutscenes. Audio/Dialogue would continue, while the onscreen action would freeze. By the time I got to EP4 and EP5 it wasn't an issue, but it makes me worry about how sound the console versions are.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Kind of a dumb question but can you not invert the the look controls on this game? (360 version) Didn't see an option in the menu, unless I missed it.

fernoca

Ugh. Really? Graphics aren't even doing anything special. How about tearing?
I kinda asked the missus to get me this for xmas. Maybe I'll just ask for Journey instead. :(
Telltale why u suck?
Haven't noticed tearing, though I usually notice when it happens too much (like with the RE6 demo).

The game runs at 1080p, or so says the back of the box and the TV; though becuase of the filters and the look/artwork doens't look "as HD". Some lighting and shadow effects look pixelated; which I don't remember been the case on the 360 version..so don't know if it's my memory failing or the usual case of porting games. Still, the game looks great and even when so far I'm just replaying what I already did, it's as entertaining as the first time.

Trying to play taking the same decisions on the original playthrough of the first 2 chapters, and I'm noticing dialogues I don't remember. :p

dralla

thanks, just ordered one. I didn't even really want it, but I saw it was only 70, I thought it was $100 for some reason, so I picked it up

Cudder

Futureshop was sold out of the standard edition, but I walked into a Toys R Us and picked up the last 2 PS3 copies. Canada btw.

Doodis

Sorry to derail this thread, but is there any consensus on how the console version of this game stacks up to the iOS version? iOS is $5 cheaper, but if it's not as good an experience, I'll go with the console version.

tha_devil

I just got this bundle, i did not watch the tv-serie.
I have downloaded it on my pc, but now im doubting what order to start.

Should i first watch the tv-serie, or will that spoiler the game (or is this seperate story?) and how do the comics tie into this.

I just got this bundle, i did not watch the tv-serie.
I have downloaded it on my pc, but now im doubting what order to start.

Should i first watch the tv-serie, or will that spoiler the game (or is this seperate story?) and how do the comics tie into this.

I'd watch the TV series first just to get comfortable with the atmosphere of the universe.

Top Bottom