• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you guys going to pick up on Vita next week? At least Stranger's Wrath HD and Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed for me, but Knytt Underground is looking very compelling to me as well.

Edit:...well, last post of the page. Maybe somebody will see this question.

Nothing. Maybe Surge, if Sony is quick with my refund from Big Sky.

Is it OK to ask for my videos to be put on the OP?

Ohshi- top of page buy Surge and Prinny and ZHP and Persona and PSABR and Big Sky Infinity and AAAAAARGH

I tried to buy Big Sky, but Sony fucked it up.

Derrick01

Banned
Also about that R button thing it only happens in AC3:L any other game it should work fine.

P.S. did you watch those videos?

What R button thing?

I forgot to watch the videos but I'm going to platinum GR by tomorrow probably. I went from barely getting bronze on most challenges to getting golds easily on all of the events except the sliding. I will never get that down but so far it's not holding me back too much. I already have all of the trophies except clear all challenges, get silver on all of them and get gold on all of them.

I don't think I necessarily got better with the mechanics but having them all leveled up to max really really helps :p

Onemic

Why are people in this thread saying that there have been a ton of announcements for games on Vita recently? What's been announced as I haven't heard anything.

cyborg009

Banned
What R button thing?

I forgot to watch the videos but I'm going to platinum GR by tomorrow probably. I went from barely getting bronze on most challenges to getting golds easily on all of the events except the sliding. I will never get that down but so far it's not holding me back too much. I already have all of the trophies except clear all challenges, get silver on all of them and get gold on all of them.

I don't think I necessarily got better with the mechanics but having them all leveled up to max really really helps :p
This one

Oh that's a different problem from mine. My R button doesn't register a tap about 15-20% of the time when I'm playing Gravity Rush.

And just watch those videos are only challenge videos which are worth watching.(Look at his time)

I need some Parasite eve help: why do the weapons i find do less damage than the one I started with? I'm in the sewers in the beginning of the game.

Derrick01

Banned
This one

And just watch those videos are only challenge videos which are worth watching.(Look at his time)

I don't know what AC has to do with my issue though. I don't think games that require me to hold the button down are the problem, just ones that make me tap it a lot like GR.

Why are people in this thread saying that there have been a ton of announcements for games on Vita recently? What's been announced as I haven't heard anything.
Not really announced but more along the lines of releasing soon. O and mostly japanese games

1) Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
2) Soul Sacrifice
3) valhalla knights 3
4) Dead or Alive 5 +
5) Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 +
6) Muramasa
7) Sen no Kiseki (Trails In The Flash)
8) Dragon Crown
9) Gods Eater 2

SiDCrAzY

What are you guys going to pick up on Vita next week? At least Stranger's Wrath HD and Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed for me, but Knytt Underground is looking very compelling to me as well.

SASRT for sure.

Everything else is a maybe right now. Been running low on funds buying Christmas gifts for everybody.

Very likely nothing. Maybe ZHP and whatever might be on sale.

Not really announced but more along the lines of releasing soon. O and mostly japanese games

2) Soul Sacrifice
3) valhalla knights 3
4) Dead or Alive 5 +
6) Muramasa
8) Dragon Crown
9) Gods Eater 2

you forgot pirate musou 2 and that jump battle allstar thing

Why can't I pull the trigger on P4 Golden? It was one of the main reasons i bought a Vita but I've just been playing PS+ stuff and PSOne games...

Takao

Banned
Tecmo is giving the Vita decent support. Cmon Konami and Capcom where you guys at?

Konami doesn't make video games anymore, and Capcom is ... well

What does this sentence even mean?

The Muramasa IP is owned by MarvelousAQL. I'm not sure we even know if Vanillaware is doing the Vita port. Dragon's Crown on the other hand is an IP owned by Atlus, which Vanillaware is developing.

zulux21

Why can't I pull the trigger on P4 Golden? It was one of the main reasons i bought a Vita but I've just been playing PS+ stuff and PSOne games...
Because you know that you will be sucked into a dimension of pure joy from which you won't be able to escape for 80-100 hours and where you may get the Junes theme song stuck in your head?

Iacobellis

Because you know that you will be sucked into a dimension of pure joy from which you won't be able to escape for 80-100 hours and where you may get the Junes theme song stuck in your head?

I already have the school and downtown themes stuck in my head, and I am barely even 15 hours in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

DOA5+. The only game to give a damn about if you want another fighting game
AND TITTIES
on the go.

I thought Persona 4 was going to the swan song of the system, but it seems I'm wrong: DOA5 Portable is going to be. :p

I need some Parasite eve help: why do the weapons i find do less damage than the one I started with? I'm in the sewers in the beginning of the game.

Because you're going to go through and upgrade them at the police station. Survive Day 1 and get a little further into the game. And then enjoy grinding your weapons up and preparing for NG+/EX Game to climb the Chrysler Building with said ground weapon. :p

zroid

Banned
finally broke 4 mil in Surge D:

still not dead, maybe I can reach 5. Hope I didn't just jinx it >.<

edit: 4.5 now x_x

ugh... foiled at 4.8. Oh well.

once you do it will change your opinions on everything and absorb you for an obscene amount of hours, you know you'll start enjoying it more than real life, and be more upset when you wont see your in game friends more than when you saw your actual friends.

What am I talking about again? just get it, amazing.

TheSeks

Muramasa will be the swan song of the system though

Sure if you want niche JRPGs.

Says the person that wants the niche fighting game if you can even call it that. :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
where is the dude with Yuma Asami avatar?I don't see him here these days

Well some people don't feel playing like these 100+ hours games,they don't have time or not ready for the "relationship"(lol)..but Vita as a handheld with sleep mode help big time here.

so yeah..buy it, you head,soul and heart want it.

zulux21

Sure if you want niche JRPGs.

Says the person that wants the niche fighting game if you can even call it that. :p

I wouldn't really consider muramasa a JRPG as much as I would consider it an hack and slash action game with rpg elements.

I mean do you consider Dynasty Warriors as a JRPG? It has leveling up and a story :p

Well some people don't feel playing like these 100+ hours games,they don't have time or not ready for the "relationship"(lol)..but Vita as a handheld with sleep mode help big time here.

so yeah..buy it, you head,soul and heart want it.

see but you can make time... instead of playing 20 alright 5 hour games you could just skip them and play the single awesome 100 hour game :p

2) Soul Sacrifice
3) valhalla knights 3
4) Dead or Alive 5 +
6) Muramasa
8) Dragon Crown
9) Gods Eater 2

Not bad list honestly. I hope there´s more announcement soon. The last few days there were a couple of Vita announcement. I hope that there are more announcement and some big announcement before the end of the year.

mao2

New games announced for Vita since TGS2012 and their release dates in Japan.
01/24 Demon Gaze
01/24 Genkai Tokki Monster Monpiece
01/24 Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
01/31 Sengokuhime 3
01/31 Valhalla Knights 3
02/07 Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12
02/28 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+
02/28 Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
03/07 Tales of Hearts R
03/14 Steins;Gate
03/14 Steins;Gate Hiyokurenri no Darling
03/20 Dead or Alive 5+
03/28 Oboromuramasa
03/?? Sei Madou Monogatari
2013 Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki (4gamer)
2013 God Eater 2
2013 Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
2013 Gundam Breaker
2013 Photokano Kiss
2013 Toukiden (4gamer)
?? One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
?? Project Versus J

Also release dates of previously announced games.
02/28 Phantasy Star Online 2
03/07 Soul Sacrifice

DOA5+. The only game to give a damn about if you want another fighting game
AND TITTIES
on the go.

Because you're going to go through and upgrade them at the police station. Survive Day 1 and get a little further into the game. And then enjoy grinding your weapons up and preparing for NG+/EX Game to climb the Chrysler Building with said ground weapon. :p

Any good guide to this game's systems out there?

TheSeks

Any good guide to this game's systems out there?

Basically save your SuperTools and collect junk (easier in NG+) if you're going to EX Mode the game to get the alternate ending (not really worth it unless you want to say you did it). Otherwise focus on stats that you think you like (range/damage) and slap special stuff (two times shot in a single round/burst fire, poison [which isn't that helpful, granted], etc) on the gun until you make it your own.

At the end of the game when Wayne asks if you want to name a weapon/armor, DO IT if you're going EX Mode.

Game Mechanics guide can also help. CTRL/CMD+F to "2.2" and go from there.

TheSeks

Does crossplay work in reverse? Like I have a VITA PSABR, do I get the PS3 version?

No. So flip your gift copy and get the PS3 version and then bum a PS3 off someone to redeem it for your PSN account. :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Western release dates then?

...Yeah, that's not much better.

for now the main problem here is that western devs will wait for Sony to pay them for development (see Rovio,Gearbox,2k) since Sony opened that door already with SCEA paying for that one game with 45 mins campaign.

Whoawhoawhoa.

Hold.the.phone.

You guys in EU get Flying Hamster as a native Vita game this week?
Trophies and better visuals for 2.99? Are you fucking kidding me?

Oh how I hate thee, SCEA. Let me count the ways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom