• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 will include a bundled headset, cross game chat confirmed

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
From the PR

Combined with the Mono Headset that will be bundled with PS4, gamers will also be able to chat with friends playing online, while hearing sound effects from the controller in hand.

Hopefully it includes a "Mute all <18 year olds" button.

also, Cross game chat confirmed
Furthermore, users can connect their Facebook account with Sony Entertainment Network account. Through PS4, users are able to deepen their connections through co-op play or &#8220;cross-game chat&#8221;.

What about an HDMI cable

(Let's be honest. i'll steal it from the ps3)

whats mono headset?

Well I don't see them giving you composite cables in 2013, but hey, who know?

Unlikely to see a component cable either. It's probably HDMI all the way.

Just confirm party chat sony And I will pay 60$ a year too. Im ready to convert!

Well, lack of RAM is certainly not an excuse this time.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Cross game chat and even more potentially amazing interactivity design if what they talked about pans out. If I can hope into a game and watch a friend then take over control, that's a big deal.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Great news, I said it in the other topic, here is hoping they keep the cheat features free like they do already on the Vita.

What about an HDMI cable

(Let's be honest. i'll steal it from the ps3)

whats mono headset?

Means sound in just one ear, so it will be like typical 360 and other headsets.

Jac

Neo Member
They're learning. Not looking forward to the influx of dudebros and 12 year olds in future lobbies though.

Agreed. Hopefully I'll be able to do as I do on Xbox: Party up with a group of friends and not have to bother with the middle schoolers and dudebros.

Though there is still that one guy who always finds his way into the party, no matter how many defenses we set up...

Now that's amazing. Now I can finally play my games with my friends and they can't complain about not having a headset/ It feels terrible everytime my friend had to stop playing the game to say something that he could have done in 2 secs with a mic. My mic costed me about $10 so I know they can get one that comes free with the system.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
They're learning. Not looking forward to the influx of dudebros and 12 year olds in future lobbies though.

Hopefully their chat controls will be on par with XBL, so I never ever have to hear anyone else talk unless I want them to.

legacyzero

Banned
Sony has NAILED it with this so far.

I got sick of hearing people say "but nobody talks on PS3." Not boxing in a mic was a huge mistake for online gaming on PS3.

I guess I kind of assumed this when they were talking about spectating, chatting, and taking over your friends games. Seemed like such a minuscule task when they have everything else buttoned down.

Good confirmation though.

.GqueB.

Banned
Sony has NAILED it with this so far.

I got sick of hearing people say "but nobody talks on PS3." Not boxing in a mic was a huge mistake for online gaming on PS3.

Not many talk on XBOX anymore either which is crazy. People simply leave their mics off or do party chat. I haven't been called n****r in like a year. I hope the audience gets more vocal. I liked that about XBL a couple years back. Not sure what changed.

You bet your ass you get cross-game chat with them 8 gigs of GDDR5. You can probably run 3 games and 6 cross-game party chat rooms at once with that shit.

Duffyside

Banned
This all feels so good... I'm worried this will be a Vita situation. Great news after great news after great news... MEMORY CARDS!!!!

What would that be in this situation? Small HDD shipped with over-priced proprietary upgrades? Always-online DRM? The console emits poison? Or, even worse... Live Gold features and pricing?

This all feels so good... I'm worried this will be a Vita situation. Great news after great news after great news... MEMORY CARDS!!!!

What would that be in this situation? Small HDD shipped with over-priced proprietary upgrades? Always-online DRM? The console emits poison? Or, even worse... Live Gold features and pricing?

699 US DOLLARS.

FourMyle

Not many talk on XBOX anymore either which is crazy. People simply leave their mics off or do party chat. I haven't been called n****r in like a year. I hope the audience gets more vocal. I liked that about XBL a couple years back. Not sure what changed.

That's pretty sad to hear. The early days of XBL on the 360 were amazing. I met many people and had a damn good time simply because there was always someone talking.

They're learning.
3AQmK.gif

Excellent.

Microsoft: Make what we know today as LIVE Gold free. All of your unique features that you asked people to pay for now appear on your primary competitor for no monies. Find some other features to charge a premium for, plz.

But will it support the ability to Join Session In Progress? This is key.

You've answered it here. Party Chat killed the social aspect of Xbox Live. Now, you only talk to people you already knew, making it harder to make new friends or meet new people

Top Bottom