• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marines Tormenting Kids in Iraq (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnolde

Banned
Tormenting seems like a tiny bit of an exaggeration. Tormenting would be if they impaled one of the kids with a bayonet and then dangled it in front of his friends.

Some people are dicks, that's all.

You see...cause..cause what we gotta do in Iraq is...is we gotta win the hearts and minds of the people.

If you...if you win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people...then a..a victory in Iraq...it becomes more untenable. I mean tenable... is what I mean.

thefit

They had modern infrastructures in Iraq including running water and electricity of course that was before we bomb it all to hell but thats ok because with the no bid contracts halliburton and others received to rebuild the country, many of which are costing us billions and are literally being paid in cash bricks (ignore the 9 billion + thats gone missing) Iraq is now only about 85% still without power and water and of the working % its sporadic with constant blackouts. Freedom, its on the march!

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
so when did this shorage of water in Iraq come about?

That last kid deserved something for his effort. Poor fella.

Shame on this moron for making them run like that though... and I assume, sending the video home or something. What the **** where these guys thinking?

Are we sure its Iraq by the way? I've seen other video footage where the streets seem - I dunno - more tense than this. For the soldiers I mean.

edit: I believe it is, but I just suppose I'd rather it wasn't. ****ing terrible. Just watched it a second time.

thefit said:
They had modern infrastructures in Iraq including running water and electricity of course that was before we bomb it all to hell but thats ok because with the no bid contracts halliburton and others received to rebuild the country, many of which are costing us billions and are literally being paid in cash bricks (ignore the 9 billion + thats gone missing) Iraq is now only about 85% still without power and water and of the working % its sporadic with constant blackouts. Freedom, its on the march!
KBR

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
demon said:
so when did this shorage of water in Iraq come about?
Does it rain in Iraq? Always seems pretty sunny everytime I see footage from an "American soldiers rape children and slaughter families" story.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
catfish said:
Does it rain in Iraq? Always seems pretty sunny everytime I see footage from an "American soldiers rape children and slaughter families" story.
Let me rephrase-- do iraqis generally have a hard time obtaining water? I really don't know this.

demon said:
Let me rephrase-- do iraqis generally have a hard time obtaining water? I really don't know this.
When it comes to water that we consider "drinkable", yes, they have a hard time. And getting stuff like bottled water? ****ing lucky to get that. They have water, but most Americans would scoff at drinking it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I was expecting much worse. The guy was a dick no doubt about it but did it really deserve theses replies:

Bloody hell. That is just horrific.

And these guys wonder why they get shot at...

He’s just an asshole. They are in every sect of human society. As much as many here would like it's hardly a representation of the US military.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Somebody slow that down and set it to "Chariots of Fire" pls.

Cooter said:
I was expecting much worse. The guy was a dick no doubt about it but did it really deserve theses replies:

He’s just an asshole. They are in every sect of human society. As much as many here would like it's hardly a representation of the US military.

There's at least three assholes in that video, one recording, one with the bottle water, and one in the background(assuming the driver.

=/

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I don't want to sound like an ass but that kid at the end got really owned. He ran for I think 3 blocks after the water and then when the guy finally throws it to him a bunch of other kids jump out of no where and grab it. That was pretty ****ed up.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
It's ok. They're protecting our freedom. Killing them there. So they don't kill us here.

Anyway, for all of you implying these are isolated incidents.. how the HELL do you know? All indications are that this shit, and much much worse, happens much more often than we think. This guy just had the nerve not just to videotape it, but to youtube it. How do you know this is not the norm? Why is it always 'some bad apples'? What if the whole apple tree is rotten? Frightening concept, right? But probably true.

Slurpy said:
It's ok. They're protecting our freedom. Killing them there. So they don't kill us here.

Anyway, for all of you implying these are isolated incidents.. how the HELL do you know? All indications are that this shit, and much much worse, happens much more often than we think. This guy just had the nerve not just to videotape it, but to youtube it. How do you know this is not the norm? Why is it always 'some bad apples'? What if the whole apple tree is rotten? Frightening concept, right? But probably true.
Because a lot of us have actually been there and seen what the norm is. Have you?

kthnxbye

darscot

This is no big deal, sure the guy is an asshole but his is not in anyway news worthy. Ice cream men the world over do this shit every day.

P.S. AlanHemberger, I didnt now you had been to Iraq I thought the only guy was Tommy Hustle.

yilmazz

darscot said:
This is no big deal, sure the guy is an asshole but his is not in anyway news worthy. Ice cream men the world over do this shit every day.

Ice cream men probably aren't doing this with starving kids like these....

darscot said:
P.S. AlanHemberger, I didnt now you had been to Iraq I thought the only guy was Tommy Hustle.
Yeah, I've been there twice in the last 4 months.

I also work very closely with people who are there and it is part of my job to keep up with the situation in Iraq.

Ice cream men probably aren't doing this with starving kids like these....
You know they're starving, how?

White Man

LOLZ! EVERYONE IN THE US SHOULD DO NATIONAL SERVICE, RITE!

I for one am glad my tax dollars are going towards making the US maintain its image of being the biggest dickheads in the world.

Bezz

Banned
I wish a road side bomb would have killed that mofo.

The kids just wanted some water, they run all that for ****ING WATER!

Bezz said:
I wish a road side bomb would have killed that mofo.

The kids just wanted some water, they run all that for ****ING WATER!
A roadside bomb probably would have killed the children too. That'll teach them to ask for free things!

Bezz

Banned
AlanHemberger said:
A roadside bomb probably would have killed the children too. That'll teach them to ask for free things!

Yeah since asking for WATER is a sin.

But thats ok, karma is a bitch...you never know when a sniper could make a huge hole in your head .

Thats right, support these college rejects...

Bezz said:
Yeah since asking for WATER is a sin.

But thats ok, karma is a bitch...you never know when a sniper could make a huge hole in your head .
How do you know they were asking? What if they just started demanding water from the soldiers?

Bezz

Banned
AlanHemberger said:
How do you know they were asking? What if they just started demanding water from the soldiers?

I don't really know if you are stupid, you play stupid, you TRY to hard to be funny, or what?

Or maybe you are also one of them...a college reject whose only options were joining a killing machine or work at Burger King.

Bezz said:
I don't really know if you are stupid, you play stupid, you TRY to hard to be funny, or what?

Or maybe you are also one of them...a college reject whose only options were joining a killing machine or work at Burger King.
:lol :lol

You truly are pathetic. I'm just bored and your second comment shows that you're not even worth arguing with. You're beyond ignorant. How old are you? 12? :lol

Bezz

Banned
AlanHemberger said:
:lol :lol

You truly are pathetic. I'm just bored and your second comment shows that you're not even worth arguing with. You're beyond ignorant. How old are you? 12? :lol

How old are you?

I have seen people begged for water, begged for food, and it truly broke my heart. I have seen kids die for a drink of water, and you find this funny?

You are pathetic.

Bezz said:
How old are you?

I have seen people begged for water, begged for food, and it truly broke my heart. I have seen kids die for a drink of water, and you find this funny?

You are pathetic.
Hmm, seems like you dodged my question of your age. 12 years old confirmed.

I've been there. I know what the situation is like firsthand. Have you been there? And wishing for the deaths of the soldiers proves how immature you really are. At least I wasn't serious in my comments. And college rejects? You do understand a lot of people join the military for different reasons, not only because they couldn't get into college, right? And you do understand there are a lot of extremely intelligent people in the military, right? I mean, who do you think runs their sophisticated equipment? Wait, sorry. I'm mistaken. They're all Jarheads and Grunts who can only follow orders. There are stupid and evil people in the military just like there are stupid and evil people everywhere, including colleges.

Bezz

Banned
AlanHemberger said:
Hmm, seems like you dodged my question of your age. 12 years old confirmed.

I've been there. I know what the situation is like firsthand. Have you been there? And wishing for the deaths of the soldiers proves how immature you really are. At least I wasn't serious in my comments. And college rejects? You do understand a lot of people join the military for different reasons, not only because they couldn't get into college, right? And you do understand there are a lot of extremely intelligent people in the military, right? I mean, who do you think runs their sophisticated equipment? Wait, sorry. I'm mistaken. They're all Jarheads and Grunts who can only follow orders. There are stupid and evil people in the military just like there are stupid and evil people everywhere, including colleges.

It seems that you dodged my question as well.

But im not going to lose my time with you or your Newton friends who knows how to operate such equipment.

And no, I haven't been there and never will. And yes, apparently college people rape and kill 14 yr old girls and torment kids who are desperate for water. Keep supporting your troops

Yamaha98

Yup, winning the hearts & minds of Iraqis. I wouldn't be surprised if this type of attitude is prevalent with the troops over there.

Bezz said:
It seems that you dodged my question as well.

But im not going to lose my time with you or your Newton friends who knows how to operate such equipment.
I'm 20. Thanks, buddy. Keep dodging it even though I asked it first.

And who said I'm in the military? I've posted what I do for a living and it's not the military. Good job on making useless assumptions. It seems that's the only thing you're good at.

And no, I haven't been there and never will. And yes, apparently people rape and kill 14 yr old girls and torment kids who are desperate for water.
When I make your statement accurate, it kind of wipes off that ****ing condescending attitude, doesn't it? People do horrible things. Not just Americans. Not just college students. Not just soldiers. PEOPLE.

And I do support our troops. I don't support this war. But I support our troops as a whole. There are always going to be people that misrepresent the whole. Again, apparently you're too hard headed to understand that.

Both are you are ****ing stupid as hell. Go mow some lawns bitches.

Boo-hoo, it's sad, whatever, it's good to converse about things like this, but Christ why are people just throwing little hissy-fits all over the place? NeoFAQs indeed.

Gearharaden said:
Both are you are ****ing stupid as hell. Go mow some lawns bitches.

Boo-hoo, it's sad, whatever, it's good to converse about things like this, but Christ why are people just throwing little hissy-fits all over the place? NeoFAQs indeed.
Making fun of my hispanic heritage, I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom