• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salsa

I'm looking forward in seeing how you'll react if it does indeed turn out to be CG. ;)

I'm very much convinced it is though, since it all makes too much sense for GDC.

im looking forward to seeing the reactions of the people who believe he is

not immediatly though, cause the crow to be eaten would obviously not be as big as the other way around

but it'll be funny in a few years when we still dont achieve anything near this

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Is this the first GT/SpikeTV interview where you didn't see both people in the same shot? I'm wondering if this is something they normally do.

QiBRRhl.png

because i'm cg and i want a friend

Yeah, no. This is an actual person.

nero2082

He also looks right at the camera while speaking in the middle of a sentence, he wasn't addressing the audience before he started to speak. Isn't it looked down on to directly look at the camera while doing a interview? Shouldn't he be looking at Geoff or where Geoff would be?

this little thing convinced me, totally off behavior

QiBRRhl.png

Midou

Or maybe it's because the guy is having a hard time talking with his head strapped up with bandages! #TeamReal.

Yes, that was my stealth edit right after I posted it. :p

I think the bandages explain a lot of the issues people see, like the eyelids from the OP and such, could be pressure on his face holding parts of it down or whatever.

KillGore

I'm not sure if it's because you can only see his eyes and mouth but Joakim seems very expressive. Makes me believe they want to brag about an amazing detailed CG....not sure how I feel.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can someone help me with this avatar please? I would really appreciate it.

c9azxeojol.png

Oh and please put TeamReal on it somehow, that would be amazing.

Well seeing as this is going to all levels of crazy I'll just leave these here for you folks to tart up your avatars with

pRPYDu3.png

AVu9i8M.png

Salsa

What do you mean "oh my god"? Staring at the camera in the middle of an interview is looked down upon, anyone being interviewed by another person is instructed not to focus on or look at the camera.

oh my god: this is my favorite argument for it being CG yet

Xun

not immediatly though, cause the crow to be eaten would obviously not be as big as the other way around

Give me the model, the mocap data, reference footage of the actor performing, and I could (it would take a while of course) achieve the same result.

Salsa

I still dont understand how people that believe this is CG would explain how a videogame in-engine model has Hollywood's pre-rendered CG beat

MormaPope

Banned

I'll eat a vat of crow when it comes down to it, no mercy, for both sides.

this is a pretty great social experiment though

like, I can totally see James Cameron revealing Avatar 2, filming the whole movie with actors, claiming its CG, and everyone believing him

people start double guessing anything if they look close enough wanting to believe.

Thats just what a chat bot would say!

Superflat

Kieghley and Mogren are supposed to be talking to each other but their delivery is just so odd that I can't believe that their conversation was even had in the same room. And the bandages especially look fake as fuck. Whites of the eyes, tin foil hat, etc.

I must admit, I feel like I'm going crazy. Could totally be real, as staring at something for too long can make anything look strange. But I don't want to live in a world without magic, so TEAM CG 110%. What, you worried about looking dumb or something??!!

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
So Kojima has a talk at GDC about rendering technology? Like, in less than two weeks? And the cover of EDGE is about how their tech is rendering borderline photorealistic faces? Now this interview?

What possible point could he/would he be making if this interview WASN'T CG?

Tan

Joakim's gonna walk up on stage during GDC and rip off his mask revealing his robotic skull. He'll utter the words "Metal Gear" and all power in GDC will go out.

tha_devil

Kieghley and Mogren are supposed to be talking to each other but their delivery is just so odd that I can't believe that their conversation was even had in the same room. And the bandages especially look fake as fuck. Whites of the eyes, tin foil hat, etc.

I must admit, I feel like I'm going crazy. Could totally be real, as staring at something for too long can make anything look strange. But I don't want to live in a world without magic, so TEAM CG 110%. What, you worried about looking dumb or something??!!

what looks fake about the bandages? Looks fine to me.

It might as well been geoff who has been CG all along if we are going down this road.

So Kojima has a talk at GDC about rendering technology? Like, in less than two weeks? And the cover of EDGE is about how their tech is rendering borderline photorealistic faces? Now this interview?

Apparently no way could new technology be better than the older technology we have.

YSsOy.gif

#TeamRealTalk

I still dont understand how people that believe this is CG would explain how a videogame in-engine model has Hollywood's pre-rendered CG beat

No one is saying this is a videogame model.

People believe its not a real person but they don't for one second thing its going to be in a game.

Because is only rendering a face, and like a lot of things in graphic tech, it comes down to better art and lightning than everything else. Why so many people can doubt some screens in GT5 being real although, argueably several games surpassed those graphics?

I said pretty much the same thing earlier brother. Lets go down with this ship together.

Xun

Exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.

Salsa

I like the idea of people going with Team CG cause they're afraid of eating crow afterwards

as if this being CG would make me give a shit about the crow i'd supposedly eat. I'd be too busy being mindblown with the possibilities of what something like this would imply.

so all in all: this thing is only gonna lead to disappointment

Kyoufu

I like the idea of people going with Team CG cause they're afraid of eating crow afterwards

as if this being CG would make me give a shit about the crow i'd supposedly eat. I'd be too busy being mindblown with the possibilities of what something like this would imply.

so all in all: this thing is only gonna lead to disappointment

Nope. You're having your fill of crow with the rest of them!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this is truly the goofiest thread i have ever seen on gaf. and i have been here 10 years.

Top Bottom