• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 won't have co-op mode

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You will remember BF3's co-op mode as the spec ops-esque mission things.

Mr. Black said:
Even though there are several thread about Battlefield 4 I saw none of them mentioned Battlefield 4 will not include co-op. Lars Gustavsson said their focus is on the singleplayer and multiplayer of the game and BF4 will therefore not include a cooperative mode. He told this to an editor from a Dutch game website (http://www.gamersnet.nl/nieuws/201303/battlefield_4_zal_geen_cooperatieve_modus_bevatten/).

Sojgat

Good news, BF3 co-op was awful.

On the other hand, BC2 co-op was awesome (except that it was seperate paid DLC).

QTE's and scripted sequences don't play well with 2 players. Lord knows they wouldn't dream of making any campaign content without those critical elements.

BoatAck

I liked the helicopter one. The rest were a pain in the ass.

The helicopter mission was pretty good. It was way better than the two or three other missions I played. I pretty much just replayed that one a bunch to unlock the guns. Also, it was great for getting the basics of how to handle the heli without doing it in multiplayer and pissing off your teammates or dodging jets and stuff.

Acheteedo

DICE could do something really special with BF, a non-scripted open battlefield (zomg its even in the name) 4+ player co-op campaign would really set it apart from COD. 4 player co-op games like Borderlands are hot shit right now, they're stupid to not strike while the iron is hot.

GrizzNKev

Banned
The helicopter mission was pretty good. It was way better than the two or three other missions I played. I pretty much just replayed that one a bunch to unlock the guns. Also, it was great for getting the basics of how to handle the heli without doing it in multilayer and pissing off your teammates or dodging jets and stuff.

I think that in part has to do with the fact that there were no proper flight sections in the single-player. If BF4 seeks to remedy that, I'd be pleased.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Yes, you can!

No.

Holy shit the game comes out this fall and you're asking those sort of questions... And i'm 100% sure that you won't be able to buy just the MP.

I don't think it was a serious question.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Yes, you can!

No.

Holy shit the game comes out this fall and you're asking those sort of questions... And i'm 100% sure that you won't be able to buy just the MP.

They were sharing their desires in the form of a question. I, too, would like to buy just the multiplayer.

deadlast

Yes, you can!

No.

I'm curious because BF3 had 2 discs. So I didn't know if they were going to have some crazy MP only strategy with getting rid of CO-OP.

I really hope local Co-Op makes a return big time next gen. The 1080p ''standard'' goes a long way improving the experience and even the poor Wii U could have Gamepad+TV screen co op. Too bad I fully expect it to be even more forgotten part of FPS goodness next gen :(.

waypoetic

Banned
I'm enjoying all these 'Battlefield Won't X' threads. The game's off to a great start.

Anyone who thought that either Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4 was coming to the Wii U...

DTQTP.gif

Mr. Black

Banned
I really hope local Co-Op makes a return big time next gen. The 1080p ''standard'' goes a long way improving the experience and even the poor Wii U could have Gamepad+TV screen co op. Too bad I fully expect it to be even more forgotten part of FPS goodness next gen :(.

Splitscreen multiplayer with bots would make me so happy or something like the onslaught DLC from Bad Company 2.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Not sure if this warrants its own thread, since it could very well be BS. But I got a tip from a reader that shows UK retailer Zavvi listing BF4 for "September 13, 2013" release.

I've contacted EA for a response, too.

Here's the image.

xIKVCON.jpg

Before anyone asks, I'm fairly certain games are released on Fridays in the UK, right? So it what do you guys think?

Not sure if this warrants its own thread, since it could very well be BS. But I got a tip from a reader that shows UK retailer Zavvi listing BF4 for "September 13, 2013" release.

I've contacted EA for a response, too.

Here's the image.

xIKVCON.jpg

Before anyone asks, I'm fairly certain games are released on Fridays in the UK, right? So it what do you guys think?

Zavvi like to speculate, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Seanspeed

Banned
The helicopter mission was pretty good. It was way better than the two or three other missions I played. I pretty much just replayed that one a bunch to unlock the guns. Also, it was great for getting the basics of how to handle the heli without doing it in multilayer and pissing off your teammates or dodging jets and stuff.
Helicopter mission was good because it allowed you to learn how to fly them without having to suffer the frustration and embarrassment of doing it in a full multiplayer match.

I remember one person I got partnered with crashed immediately a couple times. I sent him a message to put on a mic and then I kind of just patiently talked him through it til he started getting the hang of it and could finish the mission. I did it because I felt bad as there's no other way the game teaches you to do it.

I really hope they address that for BF4. They need to have flying sections in the single-player part so newcomers can get a bit of experience before heading into multiplayer. Its annoying to be in a proper match and you fill up with people in a support copter and the pilot just slams into the ground in 5 seconds because they are inexperienced and have no other way to learn.

Top Bottom