• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 won't have co-op mode

jaz013

Banned
Anyone who thought that either Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4 was coming to the Wii U...

DTQTP.gif

I don't know why I have the feeling that it will be another poorly-handled, badly optimized, "it took us 6 months to put that one line to enable off-tv gameplay", full priced late port, if ever.

And of course, someone will "heard" that "some guy" complained it didn't sell, because Nintendo.

AHA-Lambda

Fine, it was crap. I'd like them to drop the SP too tbh considering DICE has proven time and again they are inept at producing a decent single player campaign.

akira28

I would have traded the shitty Single play for an entire Campaign of one-off co-op missions. 1-4 squad members etc. That would have been fun. One day.

Kak.efes

The helicopter mission was pretty good. It was way better than the two or three other missions I played. I pretty much just replayed that one a bunch to unlock the guns. Also, it was great for getting the basics of how to handle the heli without doing it in multiplayer and pissing off your teammates or dodging jets and stuff.

I can attest to this. Boatack only faceplants the chopper with me in it 90% of the time now, rather than 100% of the time as it was before.

RiverBed

Banned
Seeing the SP you have three comrades with the bility to give them orders shown in the trailer, I thought it would be possible to have 4 co-op players doing the SP where the three other players can drop in and out on the fly and the AI taking over when no one is controlling them.
Oh, well. I only played through the co-op once in BF3. I think they would have added one in BF4 if it was used more in BF3.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Not a big deal. I played through co-op to unlock the guns, but it's not something I'd want to go back to.

What they should have is some flight training.

FyreWulff

I really hope local Co-Op makes a return big time next gen. The 1080p ''standard'' goes a long way improving the experience and even the poor Wii U could have Gamepad+TV screen co op. Too bad I fully expect it to be even more forgotten part of FPS goodness next gen :(.

Grab Perfect Dark XBLA. Native 1080p 60fps shooter.

In 4-split, each quadrant has a resolution bigger than some single-player games. I really hope splitscreen makes more of a comeback now that it's more visually viable now.

orfotZK.png

Top Bottom