• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaire tries to get $829 via kickstarter to send daughter to RPG maker camp?

inm8num2

Ah she links to page 74. We should edit our posts there (not to remove anything, just add) to include the information she doesn't want seen, you know, for people who don't know how to navigate sites.

I'm going to quote foobarry in my post there.

LOL that's where I made my suggestion of creating a game in response to Susan's successful con. Let's get the real truth out there. Or, as Susan would so eloquently put it:

I don't want to move backward, but when the of this campaign is told that the truth (the real truth - which I've always been a fan of) is fully told

Poetry.

mqdefault.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hey Susan... STFU it's called freedom of speech. We can bitch about your scam kickstarter all we want.

No one from GAF has made any awful comments about your daughter here.

It's your Kickstarter and always has been, not your daughters.

I have a tiny bit of hope left that KS will remove this on the final day as troll of the year, but I also doubt it so much :/

At this point nothing is going to change especially when no reasonable news outlet will cover this.

Stet

Banned
If anyone from the Kickstarter page is reading this, I don't hate women and I'd love more girls to want to enter the video game industry. But that's not what you're supporting. Every dollar into Susan Wilson's pocket is another dollar that could've gone to real pioneering women, to people who weather severe unwarranted criticism before they've even spoken, like Anita Sarkeesian. The criticism of Susan's Kickstarter has nothing to do with the message she's tried to infuse into it. It has to do with her methods, her deceit, and her manipulation and exploitation of her own children and really of the very message she pretends to promote.

But you're not reading it so pbbblatblasdhisldhsaldihs

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Page the top few people on page 74 to add information to their posts, mine is too low for people to bother going that far.

Anyway, I'm only casually reading now, I don't really follow this anymore, it's a sad situation, so yeah.

DJMicLuv

I have a tiny bit of hope left that KS will remove this on the final day as troll of the year, but I also doubt it so much :/

It'd be glorious. Susan's probably already spent most of the money she hasn't been paid yet. It would also be a real warning to others who want to scam the KS system. But, I also doubt it'll happen :-(

inm8num2

People have posted projects in this thread. Real projects that need help. Real projects that are about kids building or creating something.

Let's start compiling all of those, too. Let's post all the projects by real people who need actual help. Not millionaires who are teaching their children that the world owes them something when not only they don't need the help (millionaire), but they haven't even earned it anyway.

Let's do this the right way, guys. We're not stopping her. We know how Susan is a dishonest, greedy sociopath. But let's make sure this crap doesn't happen again by spreading the word about good projects, showing the lies/greed/dishonesty in this project, and simply let those 1400 unsuspecting rubes lose their $25000.

Vaco6121

Page the top few people on page 74 to add information to their posts, mine is too low for people to bother going that far.

Anyway, I'm only casually reading now, I don't really follow this anymore, it's a sad situation, so yeah.

I will add to mine, just quote me with what you want to me add. This goes for anyone.

Alexios

I will add to mine, just quote me with what you want to me add.
Oh, people like foobarry and inm8num2 should say.

I can't really bother writing well and thoroughly since English isn't my native language while they seem to be into it enough to write eloquently and nicely put.

Maybe you can just find some posts you like yourself to quote like I did there. The same ones too if you want. Or stuff from the OP. Whatever.

inm8num2

I haven't seen any mod posts in here the past couple weeks. I wonder how they feel about this?

We definitely aren't trying to involve NeoGAF with this mess. Shame on Susan for taking out her frustration on this site and misrepresenting it as some sort of wretched hive of naysayers and trolls.

Shame on her for using her daughter as a shield for all the valid questions and concerns.

Again, shame on Susan for using her daughter, women's rights, every kid's dreams, and other things to block herself from admitting she's a two bit con artist.

This lady has no integrity. I wonder if she'll run for political office some day? If she needs help fundraising for her campaign...

Muku

We definitely aren't trying to involve NeoGAF with this mess. Shame on Susan for taking out her frustration on this site and misrepresenting it as some sort of wretched hive of naysayers and trolls.

She needs someone to call out besides 4chan and Reddit. Everyone knows who they are now I guess, so she needs a new enemy. What I also find funny is from her wording, it sounded like she made Corey Brin to be a poster here. Unless I misinterpreted that. He's not a member, but he does read this. And shared the same ideas and thoughts we did.

We're counting down the hours now on KS. It's not going to end. Kickstarter is in her pocket. She has them clean anything up that isn't a glowing review of her.

Who are the top few on that page? I think you can change the amount shown on each page yeah? I'm a very default kind of person on forums, so haven't bothered looking.

EDIT: Seems Susan calling folks out now has folks a bit paranoid they're being picked on. Thing is guys, if you are on her side, obviously she wouldn't be talking about you. Just the newest post by the David guy gave me a good chuckle

Alexios

Who are the top few on that page? I think you can change the amount shown on each page yeah? I'm a very default kind of person on forums, so haven't bothered looking
The default is what random visitors will be seeing anyway.

inm8num2

Corey Brin 4 minutes ago

Just learned? I have mentioned the Neogaf forum many times and I don't have an account there but the thread you linked is full of valid concerns and nobody is attacking your daughter there it's YOU and your shady activity that's been discussed and Kickstarters lack of enforcing their own rules.

Exactly.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Susan, if you're reading this, care to explain what about my eariler post is true and what isn't? I raised a couple of questions there and would like to see them answered, if you're so kind.

Here it is:
Susan's argument is a logical fallacy, as the fact that people back her project doesn't have any relation to the legitimacy of it.

And she even has the nerve to say "Does Kenzie need $829 to make her first RPG? No.". Then why on earth did she make a Kickstarter with $829 as the goal? Or isn't she counting the cost of the camp? Anyway, now that she's getting everything for free, there's no need for it anymore. Why hasn't she canceled it already?

I also love how she blatantly admits that "...supporters backed that dream. They didn't care about the story or what the game was about (which is interesting and important to note b/c they backed this project simply because they wanted to support Mackenzie and that's not something anyone can ever take away from her story)". Doesn't that mean that the game was never the focus of this project? That it was only an excuse to make it seem a little more legit? And isn't that exactly against Kickstarter's guidelines? Quoting from the site: "What is not allowed? Kickstarter cannot be used to raise money for causes, whether it's the Red Cross or a scholarship, or for 'fund my life' projects, like tuition or bills." Susan just admitted the backers gave her money because of Kenzie, not because of the game. Kickstarter is no charity, that is against the rul... sorry, guidelines.

And playing the victim card can only get her so far. At the end of the day, it was her the one who put her daughter in the spotlight, the one who threw her sons under the bus ("Help my daughter prove her brothers wrong!"; "Girls rule and boys drool!"), and her friend even went the extra mile and directly threatened a backer with revealing his personal information. I don't recall seeing any comment from anyone with a sane mind attacking her family, despite what she says.

"Empowering the next generation"? Really? Are you sure you're not trying to only improve your wallet like you tried to do many times before, Susan? I would be willing to trust this Kickstarter a bit more if you hadn't made so many shady projects before, absolutely destroying your credibility. So far, I see no reason at all to believe you, not a single one.

You know what? You win, you'll get the money in the end. I don't know how you sleep at night, I wouldn't be able to with such a guilty conscience. If this doesn't turn out to be a scam I'll gladly eat my words, but we both know that's not going to happen, don't we? Shame on you, lady, for doing this to some ignorant (yet well-mean) strangers, and more importantly, to your own family. I can only hope those $23K are well worth everything you put them through.

I was watching this whole mess from the sidelines. Basically because is sad. A sad display by a con artist with, more than evident, background of shaddy and questionable projects behind her. A millionaire which uses one of the best things that happened in gaming to her own greed while cockblocking real projects and people who actually wants to use the money to realize their personal projects.

It's even more sad because she won.

- Game journalism, in the current sexism on videogames discussion and scandals, decided they they have to shield this woman from people negativity misplacing it on sexism. People are questioning her shaddy work not that she is a woman. The same would have happened it she was a man...

- Kickstarter which is either too afraid or too stupid it's just washing his hands out of this mess and just looks to other way.

No doubt we'll get some shitty game with RPG Maker using it's predefined graphics done in like a few hours, but the price is that Kickstarter is injured and that other greedy beast probably are smelling the blood.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I find this part of the Kickstarter FAQ hilarious: "Backers ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether they decide to fund it."

Yet any comments which are posted to the project containing information that would actually let them see it's not "valid" are promptly removed by Kickstarter; so much for letting the backers decide for themselves you goons.

I'm gonna kickstart digital delivery of ESP so these poor suckers stand a chance.

Vaco6121

What is the point to linking to this thread? I can why Susan did it; to try to make us make look like we are trolls where are bullying her and her daughter, but she has more to lose by linking to here when people start looking though the whole thread. I hope that the backers who do check out this thread drop their pledge.

Muku

70 hours until she's $25k richer. What's her problem?

Also, Waqar where are you? He hasn't been talking much. Did he pull out?

I'm thinking he either pulled out or will at end. Or maybe he got temp banned again or something. We know the KS lackeys are deleting posts there. Maybe he questioned something we didn't catch before deletion. Any number of things. I'm betting KS ninjas got 'em. :(

I edited my post on page 74. I don't know if I do it justice or not, but some of my thoughts and frustrations. I'm more honestly just interested in what she can do with 23k once RPG Maker has been purchased, and I'm assuming it has since I see screen shots on the website, her daughter has a laptop, and she's not going to RPG Maker camp. (Free internet learning FTW all day every day.) Other kids are helping her. The CCL is at 50k now. So really, where does it all go?

What is the point to linking to this thread? I can why Susan did it; to try to make us make look like we are trolls where are bullying her and her daughter, but she has more to lose by linking to here when people start looking though the whole thread. I hope that the backers who do check out this thread drop their pledge.

I think because it is so large, most folks won't bother. Especially if they already support her.

Alexios

Nice edit Muku.

I'm almost sure a game will be made. That won't render this project legit. It might end up even half decent, mostly because several folks seem interested in helping out of their own kindness or other motives. But I doubt it will cost anything close to the project's budget. Why would it? This is about a girl making something. Initially it was about a girl learning how to make something. Games cost money when you hire professional people to make them, not when you make one yourself, as an amateur, for fun and as a learning experience. Especially when you've already got all the tools needed as she was gifted everything and then some. I mean, unless the lesson here is that if you have money you can hire people to make something for you, or if you're being cute you can have other people make stuff for you for free (like the site someone donated and she now pretends proves anything about her). It's probably one of these two lessons she'll take since there's practically no time for the girl to learn how to do enough and then apply it in practice with the release date her mother announced. If anything shows her motives and intentions it's shit like this, she's not even giving her daughter a chance to do this right at her own pace with that kind of outrageous deadline, even if RPG Maker is relatively simple.

Muku

If the mum....

Please don't. I don't like the way this Kickstarter has been handled and the shady feeling that has been behind it. But I would never wish someone this kind of harm. I think we've been pretty good at keeping this thread on topic, and it doesn't need to be derailed by things that would just give her ammo.

Nice edit Muku.

I'm almost sure a game will be made. That won't render this project legit. It might end up even half decent, mostly because several folks seem interested in helping out of their own kindness or other motives. But I doubt it will cost anything close to the project's budget. Why would it? This is about a girl making something. Initially it was about a girl learning how to make something. Games cost money when you hire professional people to make them, not when you make one yourself, as an amateur, for fun and as a learning experience. Especially when you've already got all the tools needed as she was gifted everything and then some. I mean, unless the lesson here is that if you have money you can hire people to make something for you, or if you're being cute you can have other people make stuff for you for free...

Thank you. If anyone has anything else to add, let me know and I can edit it in. I'm sure a game will be made, but the term is used loosely. With that kind of time frame, I can't imagine anything worth anyone's time being made other than a demo kind of thing. Which, a demo is good if that's what you're going for. But they've already promised folks a game. I imagine a really, really short game.

She's already been gifted free trips, laptop, software, and goodness knows what else. All I can think of is she's hiring folks to help her daughter, which again defeats the whole purpose of this Kickstarter. It would prove nothing but that she can pay professionals to do her bidding for her. I mean hell, look how far into the Kickstarter we had to go before we even had a story idea. It was obvious she had no clue what to make a game on. Kids with real passions have ideas on what they want to work on. Or maybe I was just that strange child, I dunno.

Whole thing is just mind boggling.

inm8num2

The good news is the project has been stale for a week or two. Honestly, of all the people who pledged in the first few days (because kids rule and making games is cool, without really checking into the project), how many do you think still follow it?

They probably pitched in their pledge then haven't thought about it since.

But overall Susan's scam more or less didn't really work on people as more found out about it.

See here:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/su...g-an-rpg-to-prove-her-brothers-w/#chart-daily

MBison

Lol blitz cloud your post made it up but for me at least the formatting was off and hurt your secret message.

Miraculously the edited comment is now back in full and mine is also up.

Muku

Oh blitz, that is such an awesome message. LOL. Despite them fudging the formatting, it's still easy enough to get. So, so awesome.

Also glad to see foobarry's comment up in full now. Even got a response. At least she would have the thought of telling her daughter to write down ideas instead of randomly going to the internet first without a clue. At least if she ever does it -- I hope -- it's more prepared and well thought out than this whole thing. What a train wreck.

Also glad to see foobarry's comment up in full now. Even got a response. At least she would have the thought of telling her daughter to write down ideas instead of randomly going to the internet first without a clue. At least if she ever does it -- I hope -- it's more prepared and well thought out than this whole thing. What a train wreck.

Yeah, pretty awesome of the Mommy Gamers that they did decide to post the full comment after all and reply to it.

my reply is awaiting moderation. The name will be this nickname backwards. And the hidden message is "take first word of each line"

LOL! Love the acrostichon.

I'll also post David's new Kickstarter comment on here in case it would get deleted again.

David said:
Susan, I did not saying anything nasty. Would you care to point out what you classed as "nasty"? No, you can't i'm afraid since the comment was (ridiculously) deleted.

Why does it matter what I donated, my concern is as legitimate as anyone elses. I simply asked 5 questions since you said you want to be open and honest, but instead my comments get deleted and you dismiss them completely as "nasty".

Let me try again, and say it in a way that not even yourself can class as "nasty".

The aims and objectives of your kickstarter (which you yourself have said you didn't need a kickstarter for) are:
1. Make enough money to go to camp
2. Use the rest to fund a laptop
3. To help support pinkiesquare.com (which wasn't anything to do with the kickstarter originally, but still we'll say it was)

The first has been fulfilled by the camp being canceled, but replaced with all expense paid free trips to gaming events, and the second has also been given for free by Dell. The third is already up, running and everything about it looks fine. So why not either cancel the kickstarter, or use all of the funds to contribute to other childrens kickstarters, or maybe give all the funds to a relevent charity?

Of course I don't expect an answer, heck this comment will probably be deleted also with another post saying how you have answered all questions, when in fact never answering any of the questions.

And Susan's reply:

Susan said:
@David (not DavidS), just because you don't like the answers I keep giving does not make them lies. The project was and IS Kenzie making her first RPG. Period. That's what people supported.

It's just like any other campaign that funds a video games creation - even Torment. If this violated KS ToS in any way, it would have been pulled down. The reality is that the funds were so small that it was VERY clear where the money was going because I was so clear about it all. The bigger video game campaigns don't break it down to the cent and it appears that for some reason (either b/c you choose not to know or you've targeted this campaign) you refuse to realize or understand that a portion of those funds buy equipment, pay people (that funds other people's lives), pays for classes (yes, tuition), books, laptops, etc.

In addition, KS is not need based bc it's about creating something and often pays others but not the person that posted the campaign. Even companies are posting campaigns now. Crowd funding is about people voting with their dollar and it's a platform that allows a lot of people to come together with just a little money and have a huge impact. And if you'd just give the project a change you'd see that's what's happening. Again, I'll point to Torment NOT b/c they did anything wrong or deserve to be harassed b/c they do not, but b/c like this campaign, Torment far exceeded their goal, but kept going b/c it created opportunities to make a better game and help others.

Does she answer any of David's questions? I don't think so.

Glad she drew a comparison with Torment. That project indeed kept going to make the game a better game. I haven't seen any stretch goals in Susan's project that makes the game ("The project was and IS Kenzie making her first RPG. Period.") better. Nor is there anything, apart from the $6k trip to MIT, in her budget that seems to directly contribute to making the game better. The laptop is free after all, and afaik Susan's sons and RC's daughters are also lending their talent to the project for free.

Muku

Glad you posted it. Was just about to. Susan's reply is even better.

@David (not DavidS), just because you don't like the answers I keep giving does not make them lies. The project was and IS Kenzie making her first RPG. Period. That's what people supported.

Am I correct in the only one she has even ATTEMPTED to defend was the iPhone one, yes? Plus, she's not given any new budget or any new way to spend money since companies are just giving them free products. And the Creative Common License stuff is at 50k. So what answers are these? I'm still waiting.

I like how she compares her Kickstarter to something like Torment. It's pretty clear what video game guys are doing with the additional funding. They include stretch goals and kind of give you an idea. I think what she fails to realize is there is absolutely NOTHING here to say what she is spending it on. No RPG Maker camp. No laptop needed now. Only thing we know she needs money now for is the trip to MIT. :/

EDIT: What I find interesting is Susan will type every word out except "because".

I like how she compares her Kickstarter to something like Torment. It's pretty clear what video game guys are doing with the additional funding. They include stretch goals and kind of give you an idea. I think what she fails to realize is there is absolutely NOTHING here to say what she is spending it on. No RPG Maker camp. No laptop needed now. Only thing we know she needs money now for is the trip to MIT. :/

foobarry81 said:
Glad she drew a comparison with Torment. That project indeed kept going to make the game a better game. I haven't seen any stretch goals in Susan's project that makes the game ("The project was and IS Kenzie making her first RPG. Period.") better. Nor is there anything, apart from the $6k trip to MIT, in her budget that seems to directly contribute to making the game better. The laptop is free after all, and afaik Susan's sons and RC's daughters are also lending their talent to the project for free.

Lol, great minds...

Muku

Lol, great minds...

But yet.. it's still somehow worthy to compare to Torment... :]

Sigh. This lady needs to make comparisons that make sense. If you're going to defend your Kickstarter Susan, at least think about what you are trying to compare it to. Your Kickstarter is no where near comparable to Torment. Want to refine your budget? I'm sure we'd like to see what you can do with all that extra money now.

Metallix87

Well, as the end draws near, it becomes obvious that there's way too many naive people in the world who are willing to white knight anyone, despite all evidence pointing to the whole thing being a sham. Kickstarter has absolutely failed to uphold their ToS, and it's despicable that they won't stand up for their backers and protect them from such a ridiculous, money hungry farce like Susan Wilson.

But yet.. it's still somehow worthy to compare to Torment... :]

Sigh. This lady needs to make comparisons that make sense. If you're going to defend your Kickstarter Susan, at least think about what you are trying to compare it to. Your Kickstarter is no where near comparable to Torment. Want to refine your budget? I'm sure we'd like to see what you can do with all that extra money now.

I think right now she's more focused on "them trolls" and why they are targeting her. Which is way easier than coming up with a credible budget.

Jac_Solar

I've posted this before, but I'll post it again:

Jac_Solar said:
Yeah, I agree.

However, it seems like a well known person *could* take advantage of that quite easily by setting a very low goal and making a spectacle out of it.

A celebrity could set a low, but interesting goal that wouldn't require much work, and make a decent amount of of "free money" due to the PR that is bound to appear around the project of a celebrity.

(I don't think that is the case in this instance.)

It was a reply to a post in the Anita Sarkeesian thread awhile back. I don't think that Anita did such a thing, though.

My point was that due to the way KS is set up, a celebrity, or seemingly anyone really could take advantage of it by making a project with a low $ goal, and make a lot of "extra" money. The author of the KS is only obligated to spend the initial $ goal money.

The low goal ensures that it gets through, and the popular message makes sure that it goes over that initial goal.

Since a lot of backers probably don't even pay attention to the project after donating, an appealing message and intro page will go a long way.

I've posted this before, but I'll post it again:

It was a reply to a post in the Anita Sarkeesian thread awhile back. I don't think that Anita did such a thing, though.

My point was that due to the way KS is set up, a celebrity, or seemingly anyone really could take advantage of it by making a project with a low $ goal, and make a lot of "extra" money. The author of the KS is only obligated to spend the initial $ goal money.

The low goal ensures that it gets through, and the popular message makes sure that it goes over that initial goal.

Since a lot of backers probably don't even pay attention to the project after donating, an appealing message and intro page will go a long way.

I think the abuse here goes further than just setting too low an initial goal.

Also, Susan Wilson has no intention of spending the initial goal money, because her daughter is no longer going to the camp it was for. So she's not even fulfilling thát obligation.

Completely changing the reason of the KS fro sending her girl to camp to learn how to use something into a make her first game with professional help is quite a difference, and you would think from that alone something fishy is going on, I mean she started this KS to get her daughter to camp, it's a huge change of thought and planning.

It makes me think after all this that she is a good friend with someone at KS hq it's the only reason this would be so well backed by them, there are hooks somewhere we don't know about.

Another GAF "reader" just posted in the comments section. Maria, are you reading this? Can you tell us what Susan is going to do with all that money? (including your $5) Maybe you have insider information?

I don't read anything constructive at all about the project apart from the last line in those 10 or so paragraphs she wrote down. I wonder if Kickstarter finds this to be a valuable comment, or whether it will be deleted.

Maria Nelson said:
Until any of us see Susan Wilson's Profit and Loss Statement's, bank statements, assets and liabilities I chose not to pass judgment on Susan Wilson's wealth. Facts speak for themselves. Which I suggest other people take into account before passing judgment. I've been watching the thread on GAF and notice how miserable these people must be to bash for 24 hours a day. It's really sad. Sad little trolls with no life.....

Let's repeat AGAIN Susan Wilson DID NOT violate Kickstarters TOS!!!

How is Susan Wilson's Indiegogo a scam? People crowdfund multiple times. Why is only Susan considered a scammer? Is it because she's a woman? Can you prove Susan Wilson received any money from her "supposed" scams?

Everyone against this profect is grasping for straws at this point. EVERYONE already knows Susan's past, thats repeated and posted again and again. EVERYONE has seen all the links, screenshots, quotes, pictures, etc. Hell, we even know her blood type. Get over yourselves!!

Are the trolls jealous? Hate women (notice how 9 out of 10 are men)? Have too much time on their hands? We as individuals chose whether or not to pledge. It's NOT your business to save us from Susan Wilson's evil doings as you trolls say. We're all grown ups here. I think we can take care of ourselves and make our own decisions. But trolls thanks for caring about us "pledgers" .

With everything going on in todays world the Boston Marathon, bombings, school shootings, Sandy Hook, etc.
Don't you think we could all use our energy for good?
Be grateful that you and your family are safe and healthly.
Take your negative energy and flip it. A lot of people need it!!!!

Instead you negative people chose the latter...Makes me sick!!!!

PS Most of the trolls don't live in the US, so maybe they really only care about themselves and where they live.

PSS Go back under the bridges where you came from!!

Rock on Kenzie!!!

Muku

Who the hell is Maria other than a reader? We're not bashing Susan but rather questioning her tactics and previous dealings. Entrepreneurs don't make things as bad as capes that are towels and ask for 20k. So you're okay with now a budget that doesn't fit into this equation at all? She's getting a free laptop and is going to a different kind of camp now completely.

Man, these guys are really trying hard to make themselves to be heroes.. or in this case heroines. It's not guys hating on females here. It's a questionable past that has us interested, in which she has only even remotely tackled one of those previous things. The hatred is strong in that one though.

I'm sure some of us "trolls" do live outside of the US. But some of us are expats. Just because we live outside of our country does not mean we love it any less. And what the hell does that even have anything to do with the matter at hand? Jesus. Talk about reaching for straws to try to distract folks off the matter at hand.

How much is Maria getting from the cut?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think the abuse here goes further than just setting too low an initial goal.

Also, Susan Wilson has no intention of spending the initial goal money, because her daughter is no longer going to the camp it was for. So she's not even fulfilling thát obligation.
Exactly. Right from the very beginning it wasn't legit, as it contradicted KS's guidelines, and now it even contradicts its own supposed goal, which was sending Kenzie to the camp.

So a non-legit KS turned into an even more non-legit KS. I don't know how Susan managed to do it, but she did it.

EDIT: I don't know whether to laugh or cry at Maria's comment. Don't they have any idea what the word "troll" means? Guess not. Besides, who's grasping at straws here? Who's the one making unfounded claims about us being misogynists? What does the Boston bombing have to do with this KS? What difference does it make where we live? The phrases "Go back under the bridges where you came from" and "sad little trolls with no life" can't be considered trolling, as they are nothing more than personal attacks made to provoke an angry reaction? As far as I know, ad hominem arguments are never a valid rhetoric device. Discussion 101: resort to facts and reason, not personal insults if you want to be taken seriously.

Did Maria miss the part where Susan's family backed more than half the goal of her previous crowfunding attemps? And the project where she pretended to make cell phone cases, when in fact all she would do was buy them for cheap and sell them at a much greater price? I don't know, maybe that is part of the reason we consider her a scammer. And whether or not she received money from her previous scams isn't relevant. What's relevant is that those scams were made in the first place.

I don't know why I still waste my time with this. Maybe it's because I don't like seeing people getting away whit this kind of things, but I feel like we're the only ones actively criticizing this, and trying to do something about it. If we don't talk about it, nobody else will. So I won't shut up.

I'm sure some of us "trolls" do live outside of the US. But some of us are expats. Just because we live outside of our country does not mean we love it any less. And what the hell does that even have anything to do with the matter at hand? Jesus. Talk about reaching for straws to try to distract folks off the matter at hand.

I live outside of the US. I'm not even American
(the worst kind of trolls really)
. Maria is completely right: it's because I'm not a patriot that I don't care about Boston and therefore hate on Susan. I need to change my ways. Urgently!

Wow, she didn't even have the strength to come up with another comment.

Until any of us see Susan Wilson's Profit and Loss Statement's, bank statements, assets and liabilities I chose not to pass judgment on Susan Wilson's wealth. Facts speak for themselves. Which I suggest other people take into account before passing judgment. I've been watching the thread on GAF and notice how miserable these people must be to bash for 24 hours a day. It's really sad. Sad little trolls with no life.....

Let's repeat AGAIN Susan Wilson DID NOT violate Kickstarters TOS!!!

How is Susan Wilson's Indiegogo a scam? People crowdfund multiple times. Why is only Susan considered a scammer? Is it because she's a woman? Can you prove Susan Wilson received any money from her "supposed" scams?

Everyone against this profect is grasping for straws at this point. EVERYONE already knows Susan's past, thats repeated and posted again and again. EVERYONE has seen all the links, screenshots, quotes, pictures, etc. Hell, we even know her blood type. Get over yourselves!!

Are the trolls jealous? Hate women (notice how 9 out of 10 are men)? Have too much time on their hands? We as individuals chose whether or not to pledge. It's NOT your business to save us from Susan Wilson's evil doings as you trolls say. We're all grown ups here. I think we can take care of ourselves and make our own decisions. But trolls thanks for caring about us "pledgers" .

With everything going on in todays world the Boston Marathon, bombings, school shootings, Sandy Hook, etc.
Don't you think we could all use our energy for good?
Be grateful that you and your family are safe and healthly.
Take your negative energy and flip it. A lot of people need it!!!!

Instead you negative people chose the latter...Makes me sick!!!!

PS Most of the trolls don't live in the US, so maybe they really only care about themselves and where they live.

PSS Go back under the bridges where you came from!!

Rock on Kenzie!!!

From a "Maria" (maria.nelson100@yahoo.com) posting on my article. Thank god I can moderate comments before they get too stupid.

Bedlam

Hah, I knew someone would try and bring Boston into this. Figured it'd be Susan Wilson but it's one of her suspiciously supportive backers - close enough.

"Hate women (notice how 9 out of 10 are men)?"

So are the backers?

Welp. I'm out. I fucking hate Kickstarter now and I am going to deal strictly with Paypal (lesser of the two evils). Kickstarter shot themselves in the foot, etc etc etc.

P.S. Agree completely with Stet.

Cynar

If anyone from the Kickstarter page is reading this, I don't hate women and I'd love more girls to want to enter the video game industry. But that's not what you're supporting. Every dollar into Susan Wilson's pocket is another dollar that could've gone to real pioneering women, to people who weather severe unwarranted criticism before they've even spoken, like Anita Sarkeesian. The criticism of Susan's Kickstarter has nothing to do with the message she's tried to infuse into it. It has to do with her methods, her deceit, and her manipulation and exploitation of her own children and really of the very message she pretends to promote.

This can't be said enough.

Muku

I live outside of the US. I'm not even American
(the worst kind of trolls really)
. Maria is completely right: it's because I'm not a patriot that I don't care about Boston and therefore hate on Susan. I need to change my ways. Urgently!

NOT AN AMERICAN?! OMG!! You also hate on 9 year olds and women. For shame!

That's pretty damned close to what i would have written were i a bard.
Thanks.

NOT AN AMERICAN?! OMG!! You also hate on 9 year olds and women. For shame!

Wait a minute... let's make this clear once and for all: I don't hate on 9 year olds. I only hate on 9 year old girls that want to make their first RPG.
Maria, this is all sarcasm.
I have my standards, you know.

Top Bottom