• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo snags publishing and distribution duties for the next 3 Sonic titles

daxgame

Sega Europe has handed the publishing and distribution rights to the next three Sonic the Hedgehog titles exclusively to Nintendo.

The move follows Sega's continued focus on the PC market with hits like Football Manager, Total War and Company of Heroes - and compliments Nintendo's portfolio of family-friendly titles. The deal includes Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games and one other game to be revealed at a later date.

"Sega have chosen to exclusively partner with Nintendo to distribute or publish the next three Sonic the Hedgehog titles throughout Europe and Australia," Jurgen Post, COO of Sega Europe, confirmed to GamesIndustry International.

The deal is an extension of the publishing duties Nintendo has taken on for previous Olympic Games titles. Sega US will still publish Lost World in the region.

"This is a strategic partnership that does not affect our existing distribution network across these territories and with whom we are looking forward to working with on the upcoming releases of Total War: Rome II and Company of Heroes 2," he added.

Sega now has three main pillars of business after a restructuring process that took place last year. As well as the PC business, the company is also building its mobile and digital efforts, sidelining the more traditional boxed console market.

source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ope-hands-sonic-publishing-duties-to-nintendo

sorry if old.

FLAguy954

Here's the link and courtesy to Meelow for providing the info

New partnership for three exclusive titles as publisher continues transition to PC market
Nintendo

Sega Europe has handed the publishing and distribution rights to the next three Sonic the Hedgehog titles exclusively to Nintendo.

The move follows Sega's continued focus on the PC market with hits like Football Manager, Total War and Company of Heroes - and compliments Nintendo's portfolio of family-friendly titles. The deal includes Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games and one other game to be revealed at a later date.

"Sega have chosen to exclusively partner with Nintendo to distribute or publish the next three Sonic the Hedgehog titles throughout Europe and Australia," Jurgen Post, COO of Sega Europe, confirmed to GamesIndustry International.

The deal is an extension of the publishing duties Nintendo has taken on for previous Olympic Games titles. Sega US will still publish Lost World in the region.

"This is a strategic partnership that does not affect our existing distribution network across these territories and with whom we are looking forward to working with on the upcoming releases of Total War: Rome II and Company of Heroes 2," he added.

Sega now has three main pillars of business after a restructuring process that took place last year. As well as the PC business, the company is also building its mobile and digital efforts, sidelining the more traditional boxed console market.

Fucking megaton I say. I'm suspecting Bayonetta 2 levels of salt (for Sonic nonetheless lol).

NotLiquid

It's the next three Sonic games, not Sega games. Sonic Lost World is one of them. Mario & Sonic 4 may or may not count.

Foshy

If I'm reading this right, this means that the third one will be a Sonic title too.

Sonic Racing 3, perhaps?

AGITΩ

Wait, is it Next 3 Sonic Games
Or just Sega Games?
If Sonic, I dont care too much

if Sega?
Skies of Arcadia (HD) or 2. I'd die.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

As in its going to be a title with Sonic. =\

Yes, I'm sure they had to work real hard to get Mario and Sonic at the 15FPS Olympic Games.

So they just have one more title to reveal.

HeySeuss

Mario vs Sonic Kart Racing?

Or do we finally get a crossover platformer?

I think it has to be a crossover game for Sega to even be interested in this deal.

Mileena

Banned
Here's to hoping the other two aren't bad throwaway titles like the Olympics trash. Skies of ArcadiU would likely blow up anything by Nintendo.

OnPoint

Maybe F-Zero will feature Sonic now.

The blue blur running along side Captain Falcon Sonic R style.

Didjaguysthinkaboutthat?!

Jackano

The fact it enters in the Sega business restructuring (and dropping retail publishing specifically) could be very important.
Maybe it will be the next Sonic Racing (easy choice) but I don't know, what's Sonic spin-offs releases last gen?

Top Bottom