• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo snags publishing and distribution duties for the next 3 Sonic titles

Tuck

Damn I was hoping the deal didn't include the Mario and Sonic game, though I guess its obvious that it would.

Hopefully the deal is lucrative for them. Wonder what the third game is.

EDIT: Poster above me is right. Wii had 3 exclusive Sonic games, all did pretty well I think (Maybe not the sword one). So we can probably expect something similar.

Are Sonic games even big sellers?

From that ubisoft thread
capture2gckzu.png

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Considering the good result of All star- could it be another (but exclusive) Sonic Racing game? Or what? Another platformer?

It's going to be...

Mario and Sonic Kart Wii U.

The theme will be a versus story line then they will join forces to race against a Bowser/Eggman combination.

Sonic is in Smash, too.

So you have the mainline action-platformer, and the obligatory Olympics game. Third is probably a sequel in the All Stars Racing series.

Krilekk

Banned
A Wii U exclusive featuring Sonic at the Olympic Games. LOL, not even THQ made such bad business decisions with licensed IPs. Or do they mean something like they game will still be out on all platforms but the Wii U version will be distributed exclusively by Nintendo? Cause there is no way they ever make back the costs for that license with a Wii U exclusive. Featuring Sonic.

Sec0nd

"Sega have chosen to exclusively partner with Nintendo to distribute or publish the next three Sonic the Hedgehog titles throughout Europe and Australia,"

So it's only exclusive in these territories?

A Wii U exclusive featuring Sonic at the Olympic Games. LOL, not even THQ made such bad business decisions with licensed IPs. Or do they mean something like they game will still be out on all platforms but the Wii U version will be distributed exclusively by Nintendo? Cause there is no way they ever make back the costs for that license with a Wii U exclusive. Featuring Sonic.

? all the sonic olympic games were exclusive on nintendo platforms.

What are you even talking about? Why would a Mario and Sonic crossover title be on anything beyond Nintendo systems?

Tuck

The Mario and sonic olympics games have been a massive success...

Yeah, because all the others MARIO & Sonic games were released on other platforms... ?!!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I can only assume Nintendo will buy Sega at some point. If they can't make money from Sonic games on X360/PS3/PC/Vita(lol) and presume they also can't on PS4/Durango, thats er, pretty bad news. Especially if Nintendo is publishing these titles (as with Bayonetta 2 as well!). Like what does the rest of Sega even do these days then?

Top Bottom