• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Trolls Next Xbox Reveal With “Beyond The Box” PS4 Ads on Xbox Google Searches

Seems like a big stretch. I don't see much of a connection. Their Nintendo ads were much more blatant.

Yep, this is the same thing Sony did before they got boosted into last place last gen.

It is going to be a nuclear war on the internet whenever the Wii U outsells the PS4 next year.

I'm glad people still have something to talk about with the PS4.

Shows a lot of class from Sony. It's what they're all about.

At least this threads gave us these gems. Console warriors are one of the best things about gaf. Grown adults being so emotionally involved in what essentially are just plastic.

Seems like a big stretch. I don't see much of a connection. Their Nintendo ads were much more blatant.

At least this threads gave us these gems. Console warriors are one of the best things about gaf. Grown adults being so emotionally involved in what essentially are just plastic.

Now now, let's not get ahead ourselves here - "grown adults" is questionable.

Not sure if anyone caught my earlier post in this thread regarding adwords - but I'd be extremely curious what their cost-per-click is on Adword campaign/bid like that. Substantial I would imagine, to the point that it would be almost certainly not worth it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
go 300 miles per hour -- by waving your arms

fly across the world -- dont forget to flap

kill some terrorists -- dont forget to reload

Oh boy, the videogame industry acting childish again. Next gen sure looks a lot like last gen...

Playful jabs go on in other places than just the game industry. You don't have to look too far to find car manufacturers taking jabs at their competitors. We've also seen Google and MS taking jabs at one another. I doubt any of them take it very seriously. And in the game industry it seems most people know one another and are friendly, so they're probably just laughing along with it. Gamers are the only ones that seem to take these things way too seriously.

Corto

Playful jabs go on in other places than just the game industry. You don't have to look too far to find car manufacturers taking jabs at their competitors. We've also seen Google and MS taking jabs at one another. I doubt any of them take it very seriously. And in the game industry it seems most people know one another and are friendly, so they're probably just laughing along with it. Gamers are the only ones that seem to take these things way too seriously.

Absolutely.

ujb68VLLe82s1aarHLWyu585_400.jpg

ujb68VLLe82s2h24kTFqPS9x_400.jpg

ujb68VLLe82s3bs8ZYFVYnPP_400.jpg

Now now, let's not get ahead ourselves here - "grown adults" is questionable.

Not sure if anyone caught my earlier post in this thread regarding adwords - but I'd be extremely curious what their cost-per-click is on Adword campaign/bid like that. Substantial I would imagine, to the point that it would be almost certainly not worth it.
Nope..adults do it just as much as kids/teens/young adults etc...

It's all over the world in different forms of entertainment and brand...

Iphone vs. Galaxy

Sony vs. MS

SEGA vs. Nintendo

Mac vs. PC

Linux vs. Windows

Android vs. IOS

Bulls vs Knicks

Patriots vs. Giants

You get where I'm going by now eh? It does get a little bent out of shape, but I'd say, its a bit more reasonable to be a fanboy of what console you purchase versus a sports teams.

and for people that think Gamers are the only ones that take it seriously...lol...JUST NO

Nope..adults do it just as much as kids/teens/young adults etc...

It's all over the world in different forms of entertainment and brand...

Iphone vs. Galaxy

Sony vs. MS

SEGA vs. Nintendo

Mac vs. PC

Linux vs. Windows

Android vs. IOS

Bulls vs Knicks

Patriots vs. Giants

You get where I'm going by now eh? It does get a little bent out of shape, but I'd say, its a bit more reasonable to be a fanboy of what console you purchase versus a sports teams.

and for people that think Gamers are the only ones that take it seriously...lol...JUST NO

I would say that besides the Sports Teams - they're all ridiculous positions for an adult to take. There are preferences no doubt - but not the ranting, bitterness, tears and emotions that go on in these sort of threads.

As for sports teams - I don't understand it myself. But I would imagine that sports teams, players, and being part of a 'hometown' that fans reside in - are all significant factors that make it far more relatable and reasonable for people to get emotionally invested. I still think it's strange though.

salromano

Incidentally, how many Mario games have Nintendo announced since the Playstation Meeting event?

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Yoshi's Island 3DS
Mario Party 3DS

And right before 2.20:

Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
New Super Luigi U
Yarn Yoshi

And coming at E3:

3D Mario Wii U
Mario Kart Wii U

Trolling?

This is smart, aggressive marketing IMO.

IF Sony had done this kind of thing this generation, they might not have had to dig themselves out of such a deep hole.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
He's an industry veteran and has a big hand in creating the racing genre as we know it today.

Personally I can't stand Mattrick, he might be a great developer and nice in person, but on stage I can't stand him, whatever he might do or say, to me he just comes off as a corporate shill. Same for Aaron Greenberg really, he just seems to come off like a bit of a nob.

But they all have these people, I am personally utterly tired of Reggie and every time I see him these days I feel like I'm watching someone past their best before date that got left in the fridge that Nintendo keep whipping out to show you how off he smells on stage. Jack Tretton I find hard to take seriously considering he is , he just reminds me of a teddy in a suit 95% of the time, and like the other two companies has a terrible habit of talking nonsense that easily gets proven otherwise.

All in all I wish these companies got less douchey people to represent them on stage these days, I think I saw someone from MS saying that we will apparently see the guys behind the next Xbox on stage or something? Which is good, because I would much rather see the guys who spend years building these machines sell it than some of these other guys they use.

Wynnebeck

Banned
And what did they do? Revealed Killzone and Infamous sequels!! Lol

Because those are established franchises that consumers will recognize. Just like Mario. Just like Halo. Only difference is that Nintendo has been falling on the same characters for decades.

Personally I can't stand Mattrick, he might be a great developer and nice in person, but on stage I can't stand him, whatever he might do or say, to me he just comes off as a corporate shill. Same for Aaron Greenberg really, he just seems to come off like a bit of a nob.

But they all have these people, I am personally utterly tired of Reggie and every time I see him these days I feel like I'm watching someone past their best before date that got left in the fridge that Nintendo keep whipping out to show you how off he smells on stage. Jack Tretton I find hard to take seriously considering he is , he just reminds me of a teddy in a suit 95% of the time, and like the other two companies has a terrible habit of talking nonsense that easily gets proven otherwise.

All in all I wish these companies got less douchey people to represent them on stage these days, I think I saw someone from MS saying that we will apparently see the guys behind the next Xbox on stage or something? Which is good, because I would much rather see the guys who spend years building these machines sell it than some of these other guys they use.

That I would support. Most of these people never seem to come across as being real gamers and a lot of them have poor stage presentation. There is a disconnect right away and the focus shifts to what they are about to show and all that time in-between seems to last forever.

Because those are established franchises that consumers will recognize. Just like Mario. Just like Halo. Only difference is that Nintendo has been falling on the same characters for decades.

Which is what Microsoft is likely to link itself with tomorrow and wait until E3 to show the new stuff.

Shayan

Banned
And what did they do? Revealed Killzone and Infamous sequels!! Lol

but those look significantly better than anything this gen and almost all ps3 owners were very impressed with the revelation. SONY are so confident of an imminent victory since they have the HW that is more powerful and easy to program for and also they feel Kinect 2 wont cause them any form of hurdles

but those look significantly better than anything this gen and almost all ps3 owners were very impressed with the revelation. SONY are so confident of an imminent victory since they have the HW that is more powerful and easy to program for and also they feel Kinect 2 wont cause them any form of hurdles

I was going to respond to this - but I decided to check your post history first.

Saved myself some time - have fun tomorrow.

Respawn

Banned
Alright bro. Sorry I slighted the great Sony. I'll refrain from commenting in Sony threads.

Literally 10 different people have called me out for calling Sony's reveal lame. I'm sorry I don't care about Sony's advertising game or their media attention grabbing. I just saw the teaser for what it was. Not the marketing ploy it was trying to accomplish.

Your tears are delicious, my cup runneth over.

Top Bottom