• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Trolls Next Xbox Reveal With “Beyond The Box” PS4 Ads on Xbox Google Searches

beyondtheboxzty4x.png

Dr-Dre-you-got-owned-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-251-1.gif

Linconan

The animated .gif where the logo on the 360 boat red rings and it sinks... now THAT'S trolling.

Lol, can you pm me it please, haven't seen that one,lol?

Edit: Thought this was hype thread for tonight and didn't want it spoiled.

Anyway,
I'll be tuning in tonight/morning, can't wait.
Need all the next gen info i can handle! LOL

Maybe I'm wrong but you seem to act like it's wrong to be excited about the PS4, even with no major recent announcements. This is a ps4, there's no need for this.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=58261236&postcount=219

That's my first post in this thread. Read it and then read how many people try to jump down my throat for having that opinion. What it seems like to me is that people here won't even let you have a negative opinion of a single teaser trailer. The rest is just all of us doing the typical back-and-forth routine and teasing each other.
But the bottom line was that I thought the teaser was lame, and somehow that appeared as if I'm really upset, taking things too seriously, and not letting others enjoy the PS4 announcement. So yeah...whatever.
You're right to set the bar very low, this way you're sure you'll be happy.
Maybe I should set them a little higher, like being excited by a blurry black square.

beje

Banned
I don't know if this has been mentioned or done in other places, but Sony paid an sponsored Trending Topic #PS4 in Twitter today, at least in Spain. They're truly in panic...

So like, why do people believe an adword campaign is trolling. You guys do know how adwords work right. Practically every major company in the world will bid on words that they can link to both their own and a competitors product. Its just good business. Its also not Sony doing it but a 3rd party SEO+Adword company.

I mean the only remotely "troll" thing is the twitter post.

Sony's marketing has been on point lately but I think you need to check your definition of "trolling"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So like, why do people believe an adword campaign is trolling. You guys do know how adwords work right. Practically every major company in the world will bid on words that they can link to both their own and a competitors product. Its just good business. Its also not Sony doing it but a 3rd party SEO+Adword company.

I mean the only remotely "troll" thing is the twitter post.

Sony's marketing has been on point lately but I think you need to check your definition of "trolling"

lighten up dude, it's all in good fun.

lighten up dude, it's all in good fun.

Sure, I get that but its just an adword for "box" or the phrase "beyond the box" they couldn't actually be bidding on "Xbox" because its a trademarked and google is strict about enforcing that stuff. People are going wild over marketing for a simple phrase. Seems a bit crazy to me/

Top Bottom