• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Gamer's Day 4/12/07

Krowley

Also, we won't hear anything before tommorow unless somebody leaks something.

Or is it going to be 12AM when the embargo ends? There seems to be some confusion in this thread about that.

Or at least i'm confused... Regardless... there are embargo's and stuff.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Krowley said:
Also, we won't hear anything before tommorow unless somebody leaks something.

Or is it going to be 12AM when the embargo ends? There seems to be some confusion in this thread about that.

Or at least i'm confused... Regardless... there are embargo's and stuff.
If we're lucky. :D

kuYuri

For now, I just ask for Phoenix Wright 3, Some kind of Street Fighter II (preferably III: Third Strike) on the PSN with online play, and DMC4 info.

Swordian

Krowley said:
I want a 3d megaman game that's as awesome as super mario 64 or metroid prime..

Krowley said:
I've never played those, but i've looked into them and i'm sorry... That's not megaman to me.

They've got animated cutscenes.. They got megaman walking around talking to people, WAY TOO MUCH story for a megaman game.

Megaman should always be running through themed levels, platforming through tough obstacles, killing things and stealing weapons from bosses. That's all i want him to do. And while he's doing it i want to listen to upbeat thrilling techno tunes.

In terms of game design they need to take megaman back to square one... But they need to do it in 3d, because the nes megaman series deserves a proper 3d successor.

These 2 quotes don't say the same thing. Mario 64 is not SMB3 or SMW in 3D.

jarrod

Banned
Outside of already announced games, Phoenix Wright 3 seems like an easy bet. We all know it coming anyway, and it'd be a nice nod to the hardcore.

Unveiling Dead Rising 2 and/or Monster Hunter 3 would be amazing, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Hopefully both move multiplatform too. I'd like a confirmation that Devil Kings 2 Heroes is coming west though.

MiamiWesker said:
You websites better not get lazy, give us the info at 12am PST.

So any chance of leaks or can I calmly wait till 3am.
there's always a chance of leaks.

i won't be getting up at 3am either way.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Swordian said:
These 2 quotes don't say the same thing. Mario 64 is not SMB3 or SMW in 3D.
Oh I dunno.... Mario 64 might have been quite different from 2D Mario, but it was still a cartoony action game in the spirit of the old games.

Megaman Legends, on the other hand, was more like an RPG spinoff than an actual 3D successor to the old series.

I agree with him... I want to see Megaman reinvented in 3D, but MML wasn't even an attempt to do that, even though it was a Megaman game in 3D.... get it?

I loved MML actually, but it really was not the same thing. Mario 64 was pretty much still Mario.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
LukeSmith said:
It's not happening right this second and it's embargoed until tomorrow at 5 p.m.

Adjust your 1UP Show clocks accordingly.

OH SHIZ

Luke, do you already know what's happening, and, if so, can you talk about it on the 1up Yours cast (to be published tomorrow)?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
LukeSmith said:
It's not happening right this second and it's embargoed until tomorrow at 5 p.m.

*sets clock*

LukeSmith

Y2Kevbug11 said:
OH SHIZ

Luke, do you already know what's happening, and, if so, can you talk about it on the 1up Yours cast (to be published tomorrow)?

We'd have to push the show to the embargo time, too. We may do that, a couple of the 1UP Yours cast are going to head over to Capcom before the show--actually Skip said we'll probably hold the show to five pacific tomorrow to coordinate with the embargo, unless there's nothing that interesting.

LukeSmith said:
We'd have to push the show to the embargo time, too. We may do that, a couple of the 1UP Yours cast are going to head over to Capcom before the show--actually Skip said we'll probably hold the show to five pacific tomorrow to coordinate with the embargo, unless there's nothing that interesting.

Sounds like a good way to gauge how good the show is.

Saoh

LukeSmith said:

pacific time?

on a scale of 1 to 10, rate the "level of boring" of the info. 1 being the most boring thing ever.

kuYuri

I wonder what surprises Capcom may have in store.

wohcapcom193ts3.jpg

OMG Lego Strider confirmed! :D

LukeSmith said:

You're not going? That's crap man, we needed the down to earth RE: WII impressions.

aeolist

Banned
C- Warrior said:
You're not going? That's crap man, we needed the down to earth RE: WII impressions.
Expecting a realistic and objective set of impressions on a Wii game from Luke Smith is not the most intelligent thing I can think of.

Top Bottom