• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Gamer's Day 4/12/07

Link1110

Vagabundo said:
We need more pages full of hype and speculation...

PW3 is supposed to be announced.

Give me that, a few Mega Man games, and AA4 as a surprise, and you have Megaton day.

Dascu

Alright, time to get this hype train rolling.

I got this info from a reliable source on 2chan:

- Devil May Cry Wii
- God Hand PS3
- Killer7 DS sidestory focusing on the Smith Assassins
- Megaman Legends Wii
- Lost Planet 2 X360
- Splorgenborg announced
- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike on VC, PSN and XboxLive
- Hints at Street Fighter IV (for cellphone)
- Capcom vs Marvel vs SNK on Splorgenborg
- Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts cel-shaded adventure for Wii
- Breath of Fire V for DS
- New Gyakutan Saiban Wii
- Bionic Commando PSP remake
- Return of the Capcom Five for Wii with Dead Phoenix, PN03 Wiimake, Killer7 Wiimake, RE4 Wiimake (already announced) and new Viewtiful Joe title
- New Darkstalkers title for PS3

Also, SquareEnix will make a surprise visit and announce collaboration project with Capcom on Street Fighter RPG.

jarrod

Banned
I want Monster Hunter on 360 in some form... don't care if it's MH3 next year or Frontier this year, I just want it.

Dascu said:

- Devil May Cry Wii
- God Hand PS3
- Megaman Legends Wii
- Lost Planet 2 X360
- Splorgenborg announced
- Return of the Capcom Five for Wii with Dead Phoenix, PN03 Wiimake, Killer7 Wiimake, RE4 Wiimake (already announced) and new Viewtiful Joe title

Also, SquareEnix will make a surprise visit and announce collaboration project with Capcom on Street Fighter RPG.

SELL YOUR PS3
SELL YOUR 360
SELL YOUR WII
ITS ALL OVER
SPLORGENBORG AM COME

Krowley

Dascu said:

- Devil May Cry Wii
- God Hand PS3
- Megaman Legends Wii
- Lost Planet 2 X360
- Splorgenborg announced

HOLY CRAP!! I thought the splorgenborg was just a rumor!

Bo130

Dascu said:

Holy Shit. YES!

Octagon

I'd like a new Breath of Fire set in either the world from BoF 1&2 or 5 and Ace Attorny: Phoenix Wright 3 translated.

Dascu said:

- Devil May Cry Wii
- God Hand PS3
- Megaman Legends Wii
- Lost Planet 2 X360
- Splorgenborg announced

you are a cruel person.

kizmah

This just came to my mind.

There where these rumors that Dead Phoenix was being ressurected and overhauled into a new Kid Icarus. What if the rumors are true? You'd like?

Dascu said:

- Devil May Cry Wii
- God Hand PS3
- Megaman Legends Wii
- Lost Planet 2 X360
- Splorgenborg announced

thats nice.

Dascu

Smiles and Cries said:
thats nice.
Yes, his aunt apparently works for the guy whose brother once had a drink with the janitor in one of the Capcom buildings. I'd say that's quite reliable.

Also, there's a lot more news, but it's under embargo.

datruth29

Dascu said:

- Devil May Cry Wii
- God Hand PS3
- Megaman Legends Wii
- Lost Planet 2 X360
- Splorgenborg announced

You basterd.

Krowley

hamzik said:
This just came to my mind.

There where these rumors that Dead Phoenix was being ressurected and overhauled into a new Kid Icarus. What if the rumrs where true? You'd like?

Nahh... After playing Kid Icarus for a bit recently on the VC, it's just not a flying game and that wouldn't be the right way to update the franchise.

A proper translation of the gameplay into a modern game would be awesome but they would have to make it a super hard 3d vertical platformer with strong adventure elements.. Dead pheonix did not look like that kind of game.

I would like to see retro's take on it, and it wouldn't shock me if they were asked to make it after prime 3. If they have two projects going, i wouldn't be surprised if Kid Icarus is the other one.

Any flying in kid icarus would need to have a time limit and you would want to make flying into something that you do to save yourself from falling to your death... Like an item that gave you 20 seconds of flight.

Dascu said:
Yes, his aunt apparently works for the guy whose brother once had a drink with the janitor in one of the Capcom buildings. I'd say that's quite reliable.

Also, there's a lot more news, but it's under embargo.

thats nicer than I thought. good shit

wsippel

Banned
What were those three rumored Wii-games from Capcom? The "real" rumors from 2ch a few months ago? Street Fighter Restart, Reality Desire and something else I think?

Dascu

Hmm, small question:
Was Treasure Island Z confirmed to be Inafune's Wii project? I was hoping for something more along the lines of Lost Planet and Dead Rising. Alas. :\
At least we're getting Devil May Cry Wii.

gconsole

Dascu said:

- Devil May Cry Wii
- God Hand PS3
- Megaman Legends Wii
- Lost Planet 2 X360
- Splorgenborg announced

Too impossible.

Krowley

Dascu said:
Hmm, small question:
Was Treasure Island Z confirmed to be Inafune's Wii project? I was hoping for something more along the lines of Lost Planet and Dead Rising. Alas. :\
At least we're getting Devil May Cry Wii.

Yeah, it was confirmed. I was actually hoping for a 3d megaman... Maybe they'll surprise us with it.

Then again, Treasure island may really impress people tonight.

Kafel

Banned
jarrod said:
I thought it was "no" actually? Inafune's game was set to reuse the RE4 engine iirc?

Inafune is supervising Treasure Island, like he did with Lost Planet. The official guy at the Capcom forums confirmed it.

The list of amateur rumours above was nice but I prefer the professional ones :

An Intriguing SEGA Development: Coming Friday
April 12th, 2007 by Bruce

Lots of things have been confirmed as of late. More recently, my mentioning of 20GB PS3s no longer being sold. But come this Friday, I’ve got intriguing news on a couple SEGA-related developments… for Wii. Think NiGHTS was the only retro-game by SEGA coming back to life? Think again. Come Friday and find out what could be one of the biggest no-brainers in retuning franchises to Wii.

Let’s just say that DK: Bongo Blast probably won’t be the only Wii game you’ll be shaking beats to this year.

http://rumorreporter.com/

Funny that we got nothing from this Capcom conference.

vareon

Dascu said:

- Devil May Cry Wii
- God Hand PS3
- Megaman Legends Wii
- Lost Planet 2 X360
- Splorgenborg announced

You made me happy for about three seconds, until I read the Splorgenborg part. Congratulations :lol

If they announce the one product I've been told is coming, you all are going to lose your minds. However, I think it's a bit too early for that announcement to come. Look to have massive cranial assplosions come June/July, because what I saw at GDC made me big in the pants.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Dascu said:

- Devil May Cry Wii
- God Hand PS3
- Megaman Legends Wii
- Lost Planet 2 X360
- Splorgenborg announced

Whats funny is that some of those titles may actually happen, epecially megaman, and an old SF (And 3 would be awesome), for the DLC services for the next gen systems.

Dascu

ChibiRobusuta said:
If they announce the one product I've been told is coming, you all are going to lose your minds. However, I think it's a bit too early for that announcement to come. Look to have massive cranial assplosions come June/July, because what I saw at GDC made me big in the pants.

Oh come on. :(
What system? What developper? What genre? Spill it, man!

Bo130

ChibiRobusuta said:

Pleeeease!

Can't do that due to NDAs, obviously. If they announce it today, I'll be super-happy, since it looked so awesome. If they don't, then I'll be sad since I'll have to sit on it for another couple months at least (and I want be a part of this project, bigtime). That's all from me, lest I risk bannination for fire-stoking.

Top Bottom