• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Gamer's Day 4/12/07

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
For all the Capcom top-level executives reading this thread: STRIDER, BITCHES, with Makoto Tsuchibayashi character design. COME ON.

TheJollyCorner said:
No Rumble Roses XXX

Sob.

(That one for the Konami management. Hi!)

MC Safety

jj984jj said:
Apparently it ends 10PM PST tomorrow so we'll be lucky to get any info before Friday.

No offense, but it's a little creepy how you guys hype up these events, analyze in great detail what might be shown, and then discuss exactly when you're going to be able to find out the news.

I know you're passionate about games. But man!

Plus, no one is likely to stay until 10.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
MC Safety said:
No offense, but it's a little creepy how you guys hype up these events, analyze in great detail what might be shown, and then discuss exactly when you're going to be able to find out the news.

All I did is ask on the Capcom BBS. :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
jj984jj said:
Apparently it ends 10PM PST tomorrow so we'll be lucky to get any info before Friday.

Apparently there's an embargo until Friday anyways.

TreIII

Pachael said:
No Days of Memories Capcom X SNK crossover? (Or are we tired of CvS crossovers?)

:lol :lol

But any way, it's not a matter of if we are tired of them, so much as the question boils down to Capcom and/or SNK themselves. The last remnant of the "contract" the two had together was fulfilled through SvC: Cardfighters for the DS. If there were going to be any new games, the two would need to formulate a new contract of sorts.

It would be interesting if that whole "Sammy vs. Capcom" thing ever became a real thing, and not just an unconfirmed buzz term that got aborted for good. I'd even take something like a well done, 2D rpg starring the dudes from Darkstalkers and Guilty Gear! :lol

Krowley

if sony's gdc stuff can leak on gaf, then so can this...

one of our local journalists needs to come in and drop some hints.... unless it was unremarkable.

I'm curious to hear more about treasure island.

MC Safety said:

... All he did was find out when it ended and made a hypothesis of when we'd start seeing information...

MC Safety

BobFromPikeCreek said:
... All he did was find out when it ended and made a hypothesis of when we'd start seeing information...

I wasn't referring to him directly.

I just think it's weird how these events are totally hyped and blown out of proportion.

Really, no offense intended. I go to these things all the time and think you've made them into something they're simply not.

So NDA lifts at midnight tomorrow, is that correct. Will it be EST or PST? Sorry, it involves RE, I need to see the stuff the second its shown to us.

Linkup

speedpop said:
But ultimately even I know it's dead. I gave up hoping for a traditional Breath of Fire long ago.

Don't tell me you skipped Dragon Quarter. That game had an awesome battle system. Really enjoy going through it all three times just to level up enough.

MiamiWesker said:
So NDA lifts at midnight tomorrow, is that correct. Will it be EST or PST? Sorry, it involves RE, I need to see the stuff the second its shown to us.

It would PST, since most of the larger game-websites are based in California, as is the event, and as is Capcom USA.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ALMOST STARTING!!!!!
japaner.jpg

edit: False alarm? :(
spartasurprise1ot7.gif

The event starts at 3PM Pacific. It's here in San Francisco. Do people think it's in Japan?
It's embargoed until Friday anyway, although certain sites may have exclusive embargo-breaking deals.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's only Thursday April 12th 2:45AM PT, we won't see anything for about 24 hours.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Vagabundo said:
We need more pages full of hype and speculation...

RE5 ds is announced, all versions delayed until that is done.:lol

fixed :)

Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
in italy it's April 12th 11.58 AM :) In Jap it's 06.58 PM ... and I want news ... now, not tomorrow :D

So...in Japan, the news has already happened. Except us Westerners don't know of it...

MY GOOODDD....it's a paradox...a ****in' paradox!

Dascu

C- Warrior said:
So...in Japan, the news has already happened. Except us Westerners don't know of it...

MY GOOODDD....it's a paradox...a ****in' paradox!

The conference isn't in Japan.

Saoh

what? not in Japan? i thought it was, it´s 9pm in Japan.

and i was asking for news. is it really in SF?

what a confused thread, GAF is slippin

there should be an event in both Japan and US right?

Matt-IGN has talked up a Capcom event for weeks now, he will be attending today but he can't show news until Friday

what are the other facts?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why is everyone so surprised that the Capcom Gamer's Day is in America? The past couple ones have been in Las Vegas...

Top Bottom