• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lionhead releases Fable 1 HD Remake teaser trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slygmous

I missed all the pre-release hype for Fable, and bought it because it looked like a decent action RPG.

It was.

(Fable 2 was pretty decent as well)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is this a remake or just Fable in higher resulotion and maybe a new texture or two?

Nothing is certain just yet (aside from the game releasing on the X360, that is), however pay attention to the tweets at the start of the video: virtually all of them use "remake" or a permutation thereof.

It's rumored to be akin to what we saw with Halo Anniversary.

Incidentally, "Fable Anniversary" is mentioned in one of the aforementioned tweets.

JaseC

A remake, huh? If you can play as a girl I'll probably buy it.

In a surprise twist, the remake is being lead by Peter Molydeux: you now play as the sister, (actual late-game spoiler)
waiting several hours for your brother to show up and decide your fate

ElRenoRaven

If this is on Xbox 360 or PC it's mine assuming it's just an HD update and not them trying to remake it using the shitty mechanics of 2 & 3. I absolutely loved the first Fable. After that it went to shit but the first one is without a doubt one of my most favorite games on the Original Xbox and TLC was even better. In fact I still have it and play it every so often.

Psyrgery

Banned
I'm actually interested in seeing how a post-Molyneux Fable game turns out, even if it's simply a remake of an existing blueprint.

This. Played the crap out of Fable 1 and 2, and quite enjoyed every bit of them.

Then I finished Fable 3 on Pc and felt like I had to have a shower to clean myself.

I am very interested in this so-called Remake, if it's a Remake.

If it's a Remaster, no thanks, I'll just play the Pc version.

If this is more than just a HD remake, and a reimagining delivering on even some of the original promises made for Fable 1, it could be amazing.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
UwrJQiD.jpg

EKbmXfN.jpg

An-Det

Some bits:

Game is coming out this holiday season
Updated control scheme
Redesigned UI
No long ass loading times
UE3 based lighting, improved particle effects and textures (Major Nelson said that the game will run at 1080p)
New save system
It's Fable 1+ TLC
Smartglass integration
Leaderboards (XBLA?)

Sounds really cool.

Neat. Changing the save system will be a bit weird after all my playthroughs. I wonder if we'll still be able to cheese gaining xp abusing the hero saves mid-mission.

JaseC

- Coming to the X360 at some point during the holiday season; release date to be announced at E3
- The game has achievements, obviously, and "choice and consequence" will play a large part
- Improved UI, loading times and control scheme
- X360-quality visuals using UE3
- New save system; looked to Halo's checkpoint system for inspiration
- SmartGlass integration; currently used as a map and screenshot utility, but features are still being experimented with
- Single-player only but does contain leaderboards for mini-games (e.g. chicken kicking)
- May be supported with DLC

Edit: Derp, I thought I refreshed.

I'm worried that SmartGlass integration will be Microsoft's reasoning for the lack of a PC version.

Some bits:

Game is coming out this holiday season
Updated control scheme
Redesigned UI
No long ass loading times
UE3 based lighting, improved particle effects and textures (Major Nelson said that the game will run at 1080p)
New save system
It's Fable 1+ TLC
Smartglass integration
Leaderboards (XBLA?)

Sounds really cool.

Nice! I will be buying this for sure. More Fable
be it a HD rerelease
is always good :D

Herne

I love the Fable series.... yes, including the third. But I don't own a 360 and I'm not going to own an Xbox One, so all I can hope for is that this comes to the pc. The fact that the second still hasn't arrived stings.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
- Coming to the X360 at some point during the holiday season; release date to be announced at E3
- The game has achievements, obviously, and "choice and consequence" will play a large part
- Improved UI, loading times and control scheme
- X360-quality visuals using UE3
- New save system; looked to Halo's checkpoint system for inspiration
- SmartGlass integration; currently used as a map and screenshot utility, but features are still being experimented with
- Single-player only but does contain leaderboards for mini-games (e.g. chicken kicking)
- May be supported with DLC

Edit: Derp, I thought I refreshed.

Sounds awesome but really wished they had waited for Xbox One. A full remake of an old game at this point seems like a waste. Fable came out almost a decade ago but the 360 hardware itself is only like 2 years newer than Fable. Would have been much more impressive to have it launch on Xbox One and see the difference a decade really makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom