• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ol' PS Store Update (5/10) - Calling All Cars!, Rampart, trailers

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So far, Rampart has been confirmed for this Thursday.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/786/786587p1.html

Will we see CaC too? Perhaps new PS1 titles? The wait begins!

rampart-20070508052212526.jpg

Greg

I will flip shit if CAC isn't out Thursday - I'll be done with the semester tomorrow, and I haven't touched my PS3 in a long while due to all this work. :lol

EDIT: Holy shit, I thought your post said Rampage - Rampart was badass from what I recall (NES?)...but it always showed the guy on the guillotine and never cut his head off, so I hated it.

JB1981

Tomorrow is Wednesday right? I thought PS Store updates were Thursday. It would definitely be cool to get CAC this week, though.

Bebpo

Banned
Rampart is one of my favorite games of all time. Being able to play that online vs. someone is going to be a great experience of nostalgia mixed with awesomeness.

Rampart > CaC (though that looks fun too).

Tiduz

Eurogaime
id like an actual ps3 demo, like the darkness, i dont want those old arcade games sony, i paid 600 dollars to play next-gen games, i know people play old games etc, but atleast put some PS3 stuff up too :(, especially since i dont have a CC :/

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i've never played rampart...

hell, i've never played 90% of the games they've got on the PSN store. i'd probably be buying them if i didn't have so many freaking games to play through already.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Go puzzle is confirmed for release this week in Europe (threespeech.com).

Maybe you will get it in the states too

jonabbey

It'd be nice if they actually went to some trouble on Rampart. MKII and Gaunlet II are just straight up Digital Eclipse emulation specials, which is to say, crap, with singularly lousy menus slapped on top, and network multiplayer hacked in by slaving the emulators on multiple systems together.

The Sony PR page on Rampart says it'll be playable in high def, but I expect that just means the emulator will be upscaled in the center of the screen while the actual in-game graphical assets are unchanged.

At least Microsoft takes the time to upgrade the graphics on the XBL Arcade.

Now, Go! Puzzle! looks like it might be worthwhile, as well as CAC, assuming that happens.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I just bought Syphon Filter. Wow graphics :lol
Yeah, I had bought it for PSP and it looks rough even there. I played it a bit on PS3 and yeah.....

It didn't really even look good when it came out, I still really like it though, there has always been something compelling about that series for me (except for the PS2 abortion).

Agent X

IGN also posted this article announcing the great news about Rampart. But, here's a quote that's questionable:

IGN said:
The PS3 version of Rampart will support four-person Internet play, boast online leaderboards across six different levels, and be playable in resolutions as high as 1080p (1920x1080).

The arcade game only supported up to three players, so I don't know what the fourth player will be doing. Maybe he'll be a spectator?

I hope Digital Eclipse can deliver a good control implementation with this version of Rampart. Their other recent renditions of Rampart all had problems with the controls that made them nearly unplayable.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Agent X said:
IGN also posted this article announcing the great news about Rampart. But, here's a quote that's questionable:

The arcade game only supported up to three players, so I don't know what the fourth player will be doing. Maybe he'll be a spectator?

I hope Digital Eclipse can deliver a good control implementation with this version of Rampart. Their other recent renditions of Rampart all had problems with the controls that made them nearly unplayable.

They can always change the game to suit

Zoe

The JP store got a Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 trailer (old) and a slideshow how-to video yesterday. That was probably to make up for Golden Week though.

jjasper

bud said:
forget about the graphics, that game is ****ing awesome.

one of my ps1 favs

Hey the graphics don't even look that bad if you think of the game as part of the Lego brand.

bud said:
forget about the graphics, that game is ****ing awesome.

one of my ps1 favs

One of the best on ps1. I bought it and started playing it again, and can remember everything about it. Hopefully the ps3 version explodes all over my face with its awesomeness.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't really like the structure of SF1. I love the PSP game, but the PS1 game is like...you get dropped in an area and have unclear goals of where you necessarily need to be going. I just felt kinda lost doing the first level.

Give me Rampage or give me death!!! Sadly it doesn't sound like they'll have chat enabled on it since MK2 and Rampart don't have voice-chat either.

kuYuri

Are we going to know what's coming exactly, or we won't know until tomorrow? Also, what site do these press releases come from?

Goldrusher

Can someone translate the title/description of the new videos on the Japanese store ?

Seems one is about the PS3, more precisely the photo viewer ? But it's 311MB...can't be solely about photos.

The other one seems to be a trailer for Boku no Natsuyasumi 3.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Goldrusher said:
Can someone translate the title/description of the new videos on the Japanese store ?

Seems one is about the PS3, more precisely the photo viewer ? But it's 311MB...can't be solely about photos.

It is. But the quality of the video is staggering. That's why it's 311MB.
Also shows how you can watch photos and hear music simultaneously on the PS3.
It's basically a PS3-for-dummies tutorial.

Yixian

Banned
This is all irelevant to me. Here in the EU were about 5 weeks of updates behind - we don't even have MKII.

I predict absolutely nothing for the EU store tomorrow.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Yixian said:
This is all irelevant to me. Here in the EU were about 5 weeks of updates behind - we don't even have MKII.

I predict absolutely nothing for the EU store tomorrow.

Go! Puzzle is basically a given.

Zoe

TTP said:
It is. But the quality of the video is staggering. That's why it's 311MB.

Haha, you can even see all the dust on the PS3 and the cracks around the lady's fingernail :lol

The other video is the Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 trailer.

Jim

There ya go. Calling All Cars!
Rampage is obviously next week.

Calling All Cars Arriving at the PLAYSTATION Store

Play cops ‘n’ robbers on your PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) system this Thursday as Sony Computer Entertainment America will offer the much-anticipated PS3 exclusive, Calling All Cars, on the PLAYSTATION Store. Developed by Incognito Entertainment and overseen by the Spike TV Video Game Awards – 2005 Designer of the Year, David Jaffe, Calling All Cars was built specifically to take advantage of PS3 hardware, running at 1080p High Definition at 60 frames per second for both offline and online gameplay, in either single-player or four-player split-screen.

Other new additions to the PLAYSTATION Store this week include the arcade classic, Rampart, which is downloadable in its entirety, a video for the PS3-exclusive Warhawk, and a trailer for Burnout Paradise.

Below are the details of these exciting new offerings:

Calling All Cars Full Game ($9.99): Calling All Cars is a high-octane, fast-action game of cops ‘n' robbers from the creative director of the Twisted Metal® franchise and the original God of War®, David Jaffe. Take on the role of a bounty hunter careening around a stylish cartoon world on the hunt for criminals on the loose. With more than 10 vehicles and four different levels to choose from, Calling All Cars combines demolition derby style action, crazy weapon pickups, humor, and a throwback to classic arcade games.

Rampart Full Game ($4.99): Defeat enemy ships while preventing your opponent from damaging castle walls! In this classic arcade title, strategy is the key to victory as you prepare for battle, build and repair your territories, and fire away at enemies.

Warhawk Video (free): Learn about air combat and preview your arsenal of weapons in the latest video from Warhawk, the first multiplayer, fully immersive online-only game available this summer exclusively for the PS3 system.

Burnout Paradise Trailer (free): Get a sneak peak at EA’s gorgeous racing title with this new trailer.

Rampage Video (free): Prepare to re-live all of the incredible monster mashing mayhem in this Rampage World Tour video!

Top Bottom