• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Analysis [GIF Heavy]

fart town usa

Gold Member
Looks awesome. I thought it was mainly QTE but man, this looks incredible. It feels nice to be genuinely excited for a final fantasy game. I hope this is the game that sets square on the right path.

Pooya

unfortunately they don't have one for gameplay trailer.

they released a 1080p ver for the press, gamersyde has uploaded it without any re encoding I believe, you probably won't find better than that one. With that said still it doesn't look very sharp...

Folstern

That's a great breakdown, a lot of stuff I didn't notice, like the weapon cycling. Seems to be a fair amount to do during a battle and not a QTE borefest or press "X" to win.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, best quality for the gameplay trailer for now is the one at Gamersyde (unless Kagari saves us):

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_final_fantasy_xv_e3_gameplay_trailer-30229_en.html

Not a huge difference, but it's better than the YT one.

Youtube and Gamersyde, respectively:

imzfWCccZAjke.png
i7gaf0sf70Z9x.png

it is the trailer on PSN store. I think its the highest quality one so far

here is download link
PSN trailer JP (mega)

unfortunately they don't have one for gameplay trailer.
Thanks for that link, raven777! I downloaded it when you posted in the other thread but forgot to thank you there.

Luthos

Dunno if someones already posted it here, but I posted this in another thread. My favourite bit from the trailer.

iM3842gplGrrT.gif

Agreed. The Leviathan bits look amazing, and really have me hyped on what other possible summon fights there could be. Hopefully there are plenty more, and on a grand scale like the Leviathan. Ifrit demon, Bahamut flying around, etc.

Voror

Could you elaborate a little more on climbing mechanics? Maybe some screenshots or trailer time for when it happens?

I am pretty sure you'll be warping to secret locations. Those blue lock-ons are hard to see already :p

I don't really know how to do screenshots off a video. Sorry.

Times I can do though. From the re-announcement trailer:

2:08- Noctis climbs up the ship he teleported too.

2:55- Noctis is climbing the statue a bit.

3:01- Noctis jumps up to grab the ladder hanging above and moves along the handholds.

Granted, quite a bit of that looks very scripted so I can't say for certain how much we can go off of it.

This post from the other thread made me look through the trailer and I noticed something.

Water spell definitely looks like Leviathan

BlazingDarkness might be right.

I was wondering what that thing was supposed to be and this makes for a good explanation of it all.

Fuu

I don't really know how to do screenshots off a video. Sorry.

Times I can do though. From the re-announcement trailer:

2:08- Noctis climbs up the ship he teleported too.

2:55- Noctis is climbing the statue a bit.

3:01- Noctis jumps up to grab the ladder hanging above and moves along the handholds.

Granted, quite a bit of that looks very scripted so I can't say for certain how much we can go off of it.
Made gifs for the sake of it:

iba1GBBOmALQ8U.gif

iz3I0NzbtZ9mC.gif

ibluRx1ZURYbnH.gif

Probably contained to specific sequences, but it does look like there's some light God of War-style platforming transversal going on.

Exentryk

Voror

Made gifs for the sake of it:

iba1GBBOmALQ8U.gif

iz3I0NzbtZ9mC.gif

ibluRx1ZURYbnH.gif

Probably contained to specific sequences, but it does look like there's some light God of War-style platforming transversal going on.

Thank you. My apologies for not doing so myself. I'm a little unclear on the process to do so.

GoW was what I was thinking of as well.

I have to say thanks for making this thread and breaking down the mechanics of this game. Though I'm still not happy with the direction FF has been headed for almost a decade now, at least I can be happy that it's still an RPG, which is something that at first glance of the trailer would suggest it isn't.

I had been ready to write FF off after XIII, it's sequels and Versus, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't find this new PS4 version a little interesting and think that it looks amazing.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Just how to register in that site? It says click register but I don't find a register button there!
Btw are you still uploading the press gameplay and the press trailer? Thanks!

You probably have to be part of the press to register anyway. It's not for everyone.

Fuu

On the map:

XoN2XCI.jpg

iToYR6A.png

How likely for that to be the world map? I see a huge continent and smaller islands around it. Maybe when you open the map you can zoom out to enlarge that icon.

Voror

It certainly has the look of a continent to it so it could either be the whole world map or at least a display of the current continent you are on.

Fuu

Can't stop watching these videos, lol. Gifs of the same part in the announcement trailer and in the gameplay video to go along with this Nomura quote from the Famitsu interview:

For the section of battle in the trailer we showed, we didn’t have time to prepare a clip of it working on the existing equipment because of tool issues, so instead we made an FMV that would give a feel for what is possible in realtime. Even so, the way it moves doesn’t look much different at all in realtime.

ibpv1LqChN6K8t.gif

iDD5VINL2zObH.gif

Voror

Can't stop watching these videos, lol. Gifs of the same part in the announcement trailer and in the gameplay video to go along with this Nomura quote from the Famitsu interview:

Hmm, no real surprise about that, but the gameplay trailer was actual gameplay, correct? Or are both trailers basically a look at what they plan to go for? The gameplay trailer had more of the feel of being real as opposed to the other.

Fuu

Hmm, no real surprise about that, but the gameplay trailer was actual gameplay, correct? Or are both trailers basically a look at what they plan to go for? The gameplay trailer had more of the feel of being real as opposed to the other.
I believe that was the case, yeah. The announcement trailer was FMV while the gameplay trailer was actual realtime footage of someone playing. It's cool how close it looks in the gameplay, including the section where Noctis goes after the guards climbing the building. It sounds like the main reason they went for FMV in the announcement was because they wanted to have it looking as "dramatic" as possible and didn't have much time to work out all the kinks.

Voror

I believe that was the case, yeah. The announcement trailer was FMV while the gameplay trailer was actual realtime footage of someone playing. It's cool how close it looks in the gameplay, including the section where Noctis goes after the guards climbing the building. It sounds like the main reason they went for FMV in the announcement was because they wanted to have it looking as "dramatic" as possible and didn't have much time to work out all the kinks.

It makes sense since for the big re-reveal they probably didn't want to simply have CG cutscenes. From interviews, Nomura seems well aware about how much many have been wanting this and probably wanted to show off what it will deliver.

Yeah, it's really quite close in several scenes. I'm curious how far along the battle system we were shown in the gameplay trailer is and how much more fine tuned we might expect it to become. Hopefully, when they unveil more in the future such as at TGS we get either more interviews detailing the systems or better yet more gameplay videos.

FFFX.jpg

XV_Kingdom.png

Not really something big. Thought i might share.

Damn, that main palace really is huge. Great catch! I love the look of this city though. So beautiful.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think in one of the interviews Nomura said it was PS4 spec... I'll have to double check. And there's nooooooo way this game could run on PS3 in its current quality. No way. If you watch it frame by frame you can look at the high resolution textures, higher poly models, particle effects, etc. that just wasn't possible on 7 year old hardware.

Top Bottom