• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan O'Brien does E3. Wins.

Sadist

"Yeah eat that hotdog, what a smart thing to do. It's so fresh"

I've seen the Clueless Gamer vids and this... slowly becoming my favourite gaming videos. Love the part where he plays Mario Kart 8. "I WON I WON".

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
That was funny. Also, outright calling to a developer that's showing you how he made this super gorey throat stab "What the hell is wrong with you people" is something that's long overdue and should be done all the time now.

That's now the go to gif reaction to fanboys discussing which console has better tech.

We need a "thinking about Bayonetta" one now too.

Was it me or did there seem to be a small frame drop the moment the guy runs his car into a bunch of zombies in the Dead Rising 3 part?

Capcom Vancouver clearly doesn't know how to optimize their games...the framerate was a problem in every version of Dead Rising 2.

Indeed, I should have said xenophobic, my mistake.

Offensive is a better choice of words, but regardless this is Mario we're talking about.

Zukuu

Banned
Hilarious. I love his gaming adventures.
His Tomb Raider "review" was one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen. I literally cried due to laughing.... 5:30 am in the morning.

Xater

Sorry but the whole "Gamers are nerds, don't have girlfriends and are all virgins!" thing is so fucking hacky. I thought Conan could do better than that.

Andrefpvs

Looks like he cut Aram's part short. He probably realised "Holy crap, there's a chance this guy might be funnier than I am!" 😋

StuBurns

Banned
Nintendo, taking advantage of everybody inherently afraid of Italian plumbers. It just isn't right.
Do you think homophobic means 'scared' of gay people too?

And I don't think Italian plumbers is a stereotype, I don't feel like that's an association I've seen anywhere outside of Mario.

I think they just happen to be plumbers because of the tubes.

xandaca

Yeah, I mean that guy is only famous for his voicework and then some rep gets him in Conan's face saying 'do your voice', with Conan proceeding to make fun of him ;(.

Martinet's got a great sense of humour about the whole thing, he was in the GAME shop on Oxford street quite a few years back and riffing with all the fans, being silly and generally making everyone's day. He's probably delighted to have Conan take the piss a bit.

hwy_61

Banned
Yeah, I mean that guy is only famous for his voicework and then some rep gets him in Conan's face saying 'do your voice', with Conan proceeding to make fun of him ;(.

Oh jeez. If you think for a second that Martinet was a victim here, you could not be more wrong.

Rafy

Wow, lighten up, duder. These devs knew exactly what the deal was when Conan fucking O'Brien showed up.

sorry, but I did not know the dude and what kind of comedy he does, here in europe comedy is a bit different.
the xbox part made me smile a bit...

Sorry but the whole "Gamers are nerds, don't have girlfriends and are all virgins!" thing is so fucking hacky. I thought Conan could do better than that.

He does it all the time on the show, why would you expect an E3 special to be any different?

hwy_61

Banned

Are you offended? I'm a gamer, and I thought those jokes were hilarious.

border

Conan proves that you don't need skill to win in Mario Kart.

I would bet almost any amount of money that the Nintendo representative let him win.

EDIT: If you look at the video Conan comes in 11th place on the first race. And the Nintendo rep at 12th.

Linkhero1

offending devs ain't funny, this is a sorry excuse for comedy...

EDIT: OK , the xbox part was funny...

I'm pretty sure they know what's going to happen when they're talking to Conan :p

Besides I'm sure they chat it up off-cam like he does with guests on his show.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Paraphrased:

"Ok, sell me on the Xbox One! Go"

"We've got this sensor, it can see your heartbeat, it can see your blood..."

lol

AniHawk

i've met/talked with charles martinet at least five times over the last decade. he's a super nice guy, but mario is sort of part of him. one time i was playing nsmbw at the nintendo booth with him and two other people, and he made mario sounds throughout. last year he kinda went 'wahoo!' to himself as he threw away a paper towel after washing his hands as we crossed paths when i went into the men's room.

but like i said, very nice guy. he's always happy to take pictures with people and sign things.

hwy_61

Banned
Offended? No, but it's really hacky and lame. Come up with something better. That's like going on stage and telling "Yo mama..." jokes.

No, its more like someone going to a pride parade and making gay jokes. Except that the gays can laugh at themselves, and gamers are 100% serious. Lighten up.

i've met/talked with charles martinet at least five times over the last decade. he's a super nice guy, but mario is sort of part of him. one time i was playing nsmbw at the nintendo booth with him and two other people, and he made mario sounds throughout. last year he kinda went 'wahoo!' to himself as he threw away a paper towel after washing his hands as we crossed paths when i went into the men's room.

but like i said, very nice guy. he's always happy to take pictures with people and sign things.

i'm on the floor right now

legacyzero

Banned
I would be almost any amount of money that the Nintendo representative let him win.

iOq.gif

Marcel

I guess the thing Conan said isn't too far off, lol. He hit close to home, albeit in a joking way.

Top Bottom