• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Benoit family conference on CNN : official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

WWE.com have taken down all of the Benoit tribute/retrospective/rememberance stuff and have storyline things back-up. Benoit is still the main headline but its strictly news related. Can't blame them for trying to distance themselves, but could it be too late? Again, I dont' blame them for running the tribute last night considering what was known and how little time they had to make a decision.

Manics

Banned
If as all reports seem to indicate Benoit is guilty, does anyone have a problem with the WWE airing a 3-hour "tribute" to him the other night? I mean shouldn't they have really WAITED to see the details of what happened before they go and try to glorify the guy?

The conference seems to uphold the awkward, confusing timeline. Asphyxiation is the only term they'll use.

They did find a variety of steroids in the house.

Tamanon

Banned
Manics said:
If as all reports seem to indicate Benoit is guilty, does anyone have a problem with the WWE airing a 3-hour "tribute" to him the other night? I mean shouldn't they have really WAITED to see the details of what happened before they go and try to glorify the guy?

Well the problem is, they couldn't well go on with the show that night anyways and pretend nothing happened. They celebrated his career as a wrestler, that's all.

Hellraizah

Manics said:
This was already discussed forever in the last thread. Check it out.

ManaByte

So he strangled them both (won't say smothered for the son).

There is NO ****ING WAY anyone can possibly justify this.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
**** all the news reporters trying to pin a topic on this story so they can run with it. They so badly want it to be about roid rage.

bjork

Manics said:

But if it came out that it was a home invasion or something, people would've given WWE shit anyway, for furthering the Mr McMahon death storyline when one of the wrestlers really died. I'm sure they got enough shit from old fans for only giving Sensational Sherri a splash image for like 10 seconds last week, and she hadn't been on the active WWE roster since 1993. I think they tried to take the safer of two choices, and it blew up in their face.

Cheebs

ManaByte said:

farnham says it's justifiable because there is no way to know if a vortex wasn't about to suck up his son.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Cheebs said:
farnham says it's justifiable because there is no way to know if a vortex wasn't about to suck up his son.

or burn him to the point where he couldn't take the pain anymore...

Let's not turn this thread into the other thread for ****'s sake.

I think I really want to know what was in those text messages. Then again I think I don't.

farnham

Banned
Cheebs said:
i think we should stop this.. the mod (bishoptl) was not very happy and what i was trying to say was something entirely different..

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Choked both his wife and son, wife on Friday, son on Saturday. Hung himself in the basement sometime Sunday / Monday

All the steroids they found were legal prescriptions.

Cheebs said:

Are you really so desperate to get banned that you will continue your ranting in this thread?

farnham hasn't made a single post in this thread. This thread is about the press conference.

*edit*

He just posted but conceded that he was trying to say something else. Cut the shit already.

malek4980

Rosa Parks hater
Clearly he smothered his son with love, only his love was a little too strong.

And you got to admire his work effort. After killing his family, the first place he goes to is right back to the weight room.

Here are the divorce papers that Nancy filed, then had dismissed three months later, in 2003. In them, she claims that he "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture." She also states "reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child."

ghostmind

Man, the staff/performers at the WWE have got to be a mess right now - all those people, pouring their hearts out on national TV for what we now know to be a murderer...

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
ManaByte said:

did you even CONSIDER a vortex?!

People need to really think things through before they make statements.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
malek4980 said:

And you got to admire his work effort. After killing his family, the first place he goes to is right back to the weight room.

shut up and get out of this thread

Cheebs

malek4980 said:

:lol

ghostmind

malek4980 said:

folks got banned in the other thread for saying less...

bjork

ghostmind said:
Man, the staff/performers at the WWE have got to be a mess right now - all those people, pouring their hearts out on national TV for what we now know to be a murderer...

Tonight's ECW/SD taping is supposed to just have matches with no storylines. That's going to at least give them some time to decide what to do, or hope some other bigger news happens between now and Monday to divert fringe attention.

NomarTyme

malek4980 said:

Sigh

aparisi2274

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

What a 1st class dick!!!!

It makes that tribute show last night worth nothing... and I think WWE knew he did something... they had to have known more than they were letting on.

Well chavo must be pissed that his best friend is a murderer

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
There was a bible placed next to each of the bodies. Nancy's feet were bound and maybe her wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom