• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Benoit family conference on CNN : official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Busty said:
Despite being a cliche, it is strangely fitting. "Just when you think you've seen it all.." , especially in this day and age.

Apparently I have seen it all because this is nothing new to me. The killer here just happens to be famous.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
I thought he rushed home on Saturday, and now they're saying that his wife may have died Friday? Also, why would his wife be bound, and not the child? Something fishy is going on here - maybe Benoit came home to find his wife murdered, and then in a fit of rage/compassion killed his son so that he won't have to live without a mother. Lets hope the Fayetteville detectives are good enough to find out the true story, instead of sticking to the murder-suicide while possibly ignoring contradictory evidence.

farnham

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
What I find interesting is that if it had been anything other than the bible found next to the bodies - anything from a copy of Grand Theft Auto to Tuesdays with Morrie - there would now be people calling for that thing to be banned. But because it's the bible nobody will say anything.
Funny but true..

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
When were the text messages sent? Weren't they sent on Sunday? How could he has killed himself on Saturday, then send the texts on Sunday?

This whole things is way out of whack and no one is getting all of the facts straight. Doesn't help Fox News is letting the assumptions and speculation fly ALL over the place about steroids.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Aisenherz said:
asphyxiation? What does it mean?

Suffocation.

Kintaro said:
When were the text messages sent? Weren't they sent on Sunday? How could he has killed himself on Saturday, then send the texts on Sunday?

Text messages weren't received until hours after they were sent, which makes sense if he sent them from his basement, where he killed himself.

Dr_Cogent said:
Leaving a Bible next to the bodies is just plain weird.

Last I checked, murder wasn't acceptable in any faith that derives from it's contents.

I don't think he was trying to atone for his sins, I would assume they were there for the mother and child.

Manics

Banned
3kuSaS said:
I thought he rushed home on Saturday, and now they're saying that his wife may have died Friday? Also, why would his wife be bound, and not the child? Something fishy is going on here - maybe Benoit came home to find his wife murdered, and then in a fit of rage/compassion killed his son so that he won't have to live without a mother. Lets hope the Fayetteville detectives are good enough to find out the true story, instead of sticking to the murder-suicide while possibly ignoring contradictory evidence.

You're joking right?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Petey Pabs said:
Bibles were placed besides the bodies of Nancy and Daniel.

WELL AT LEAST HE MADE IT RIGHT.

what a piece of trash human.

RIP Chris

you forgot his wife and child which he strangled in your best wishes dude.

Aisenherz

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:

Last I checked, murder wasn't acceptable in any faith that derives from it's contents.
Yep. He was not a believer. Maybe he did it, because eddy told him in the past "it's the right thing"

Dr_Cogent said:

Deuteronomy:

"If your brother, son, daughter, wife, or friend tries to get you to worship another god, "thou halt surely kill him, thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death."

Millions of people feel that it's OK to have to go back to the Old Testament to find verses rationalizing their hatred of gays, so why would other OT verses be off limits?

Asphyxiation means to cause asphyxia which is the severely deficient supply of oxygen to the body... which means he stoped her breathing somehow. He could have strangled her or just covered her mouth and nose... it is just the investigators covering there bases.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
3kuSaS said:
Get the **** out of here...

LakeEarth

3kuSaS said:
Initial reports were wrong. He was home all weekend.

ManaByte

Gold Member
3kuSaS said:

WHAT?

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Manics said:
You're joking right?

Hell from another board I have a crackpot theory worse than that one:

You know, yesterday it occured to me that perhaps it was an accidental death that happened during some kind of crazy BDSM consensual sex or something. Hearing that she was tied up really makes me wonder even more if that's what happened and Benoit just went ****ing crazy after what happened took hold of him.

I guess maybe I'm just reaching for some kind of justification for his actions, but it seems plausable, especially since there was no apparent struggle.

I mean I loved Benoit in the ring as well, but for some reason a lot of people can't accept the fact that he went batshit insane.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Deuteronomy:

"If your brother, son, daughter, wife, or friend tries to get you to worship another god, "thou halt surely kill him, thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death."

Millions of people feel that it's OK to have to go back to the Old Testament to find verses rationalizing their hatred of gays, so why would other OT verses be off limits?

Let's not do this in this thread please...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Eminem said:
Text messages weren't received until hours after they were sent, which makes sense if he sent them from his basement, where he killed himself.

That doesn't make much sense either. Couldn't the Police have attained these texts by now off the phone or acquired the records from the phone company to find out when they were sent?

Zeed

Banned
DarK SouL said:
Are you trying to be funny?... I am Puerto Rican btw...
I take it that you don't watch South Park. Also, I hate to laugh in a thread like this, but the righteous racial outrage at the end of your post made me do it.
3kuSaS said:
You can't be ****ing serious.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Deuteronomy:

Uhhhhh, I said religions derived from it. Read my post. I didn't say the Bibles literal interpretation. Let's not get this started into a religious debate either. Those suck and we get enough of that retarded intolerant elitist bullshit tripe here already. I was just saying, it's whack.

Manics

Banned
People who are trying to look for other answers to the murder-suicide should really stick to Occam's Razor in this case.

bud

3kuSaS said:

jesus christ

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
LakeEarth said:
Initial reports were wrong. He was home all weekend.

Ok that makes sense then...Damn we need a motive right now! This is driving me nuts. This may be foolish, but in the back of my mind, I'm just waiting and hoping that he wasn't completely responsible for all this.

SPEA

Chris Benoit......class act.

Seriously, what scum. And to think I grew up loving to watch this guy wrestle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWE-Chris-Benoi...0QQihZ005QQcategoryZ15687QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cb8f_1.JPG

Oops. (Then again I had nice things to say about him yesterday, too...)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
3kuSaS said:
Ok that makes sense then...Damn we need a motive right now! This is driving me nuts. This may be foolish, but in the back of my mind, I'm just waiting and hoping that he wasn't completely responsible for all this.

Motive: he's batshit insane

edit: Heavan?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Dr_Cogent said:

Well, we clearly arent dealing with a well adjusted person here.

Dr_Cogent said:
Uhhhhh, I said religions derived from it. Read my post. I didn't say the Bibles literal interpretation. Let's not get this started into a religious debate either. Those suck and we get enough of that retarded intolerant elitist bullshit tripe here already. I was just saying, it's whack.

Religion, including those based on the Bible, not just the Koran, promotes far more intolerance than any 'elitist' attitudes that you are trying to single out, but I'll drop it in this thread. Back to the facts of this tragedy.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
StoOgE said:
Well, we clearly arent dealing with a well adjusted person here.

Clearly. As someone just said - batshit insane.

F*ck. I get mad, but never this mad.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Religion, including those based on the Bible, not just the Koran, promotes far more intolerance than any 'elitist' attitudes that you are trying to single out, but I'll drop it in this thread. Back to the facts of this tragedy.

Good, because I'm not falling for that crap. :)

ManaByte

Gold Member
3kuSaS said:

How's being a psycho as a motive? Because only a psychopath can kill their own son.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Kintaro said:
That doesn't make much sense either. Couldn't the Police have attained these texts by now off the phone or acquired the records from the phone company to find out when they were sent?

They probably did, which is how they know when the texts were sent and when he died.
WWE said they have info that they're not sharing with the public. If I had to guess, the cops asked when Chavo/whoever got those text messages. By comparing the time they were received to when Benoit sent them, they know that the texts took hours to send.

Lelielle

I'm just thinking that there MUST have been some warning signs that something like this might happen, given the way that most pro sports just sweep domestic violence under the rug, you wonder if someone could have done something to stop this, get the guy some help...... :(

Manics

Banned
3kuSaS said:

Just stop already. Not everything has a motive that non-insane people can understand.

fallout

Manics said:
People who are trying to look for other answers to the murder-suicide should really stick to Occam's Razor in this case.
Unfortunately, it's denial.

This is probably a little hard for some people to swallow and I highly doubt that the trolling from other people is going to help them see the other side of it. Though, I do understand that people are just assholes in these threads for the sake of being assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom