• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Benoit family conference on CNN : official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
ManaByte said:
How's being a psycho as a motive? Because only a psychopath can kill their own son.

Indeed, once again I refer back to the man... Chris Rock

"What ever happened to 'plain old crazy?"

This is just beyond words....

Branduil

This is pretty horrible. I hope people stop looking for excuses, it's obvious he did it, for whatever messed-up reasons. And I would have to think there will be serious repercussions for wrestling's lax steroid policy.

Still watching Fox News.... this channel is AMAZING!!!! How many more tickers can they fit on screen, can the host get any more annoying!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
What the ****? When I went to bed last night, I was hoping to come back in here and talk about how I'm glad about how Benoit didn't turn out to be a murderer after all...

Can we not turn this into a religion bashing thread? :E

...oh who am I kidding. This thread will depress me no matter what people are talking about.

LakeEarth

kassatsu said:
Maybe the text message was a suicide note of some sorts.
Maybe. Majority of suicides don't have a suicide note (despite what TV/movies say), so not having one isn't really a suprise. It just makes it hard to understand.

mollipen

koam said:
jesus christ, one of the local stations here ran the headline "Benoit: Biggest heal turn in wrestling history"

I feel totally horrible for the reaction that I had to this, but... yeah.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I don't even know how to feel right now. I loved this guy growing up... and now he's a murderer! Murder to me is the number 1 most disgusting act a human can do to another, especially to a child... and for that I've lost all respect for this man and hope he burns in the deepest darkest depths of hell for what he's done. But it's hard to just sweep away all the good memories he brought me as an entertainer. I've had some great times watching this man perform in his career, but what he's allegedly done is monstrous.

I still haven't completely accepted it all. All of this just seems so ****ing surreal.....

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Dr_Cogent said:
Agreed. What did ever happen to it? Some people are just that, f*cking nuts.

Yeah, stop blaming WWE, steroids, a home invasion, or anything else. Chris just went crazy. Maybe was always crazy, but finally snapped.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
cvxfreak said:
He murdered his family... sorry, he may have wrestled well, but that doesn't stop him from being evil.

Yep, what he did was just plain evil as well.

I don't think a lot here believe in evil though, so that might be a hard selling point with many here.

At what point do you think, well **** it - I'm going to kill my flesh and blood. Killing your wife, no matter how despicable, can be better understood than killing your own kid. I would never do either, but the love you have for your child exceeds that for your spouse. At least that is how it is with everyone I know.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Keyser Soze said:
Still watching Fox News.... this channel is AMAZING!!!! How many more tickers can they fit on screen, can the host get any more annoying!

That made me laugh, in a good way, thank you for that Keyser Soze.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dr_Cogent said:

I don't think a lot here believe in evil though, so that might be a hard selling point with many here.

You really can't just stop, can you?

What happened was awful.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dr_Cogent said:

Indeed but there are time when the evil is pretty cut and dried though.

To put it another way how are Chris Benoit's actions not very stereotypically evil? The short answer is, they are not.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Sick.

I literally just ripped the "Hard Knocks: Chris Benoit" dvd to an iPod for a pal over in Iraq.

To think I respected this guy's talent and character as a wrestler and a human being.

Just.....ugh.

Hellraizah

I don't think you can blame steroids for anything. If you could, Snitsky would probably be eating babies right now.

I would like more informations on the text messages he sent, they are probably a major clue on what happened. If he really listened to Vengeance with his son after killing his wife, that would be the craziest story I've ever heard.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CNN.com taking after Fox News, title to story: "Steroids found at wrestler's house of death"

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Shard said:
Indeed but there are time when the evil is pretty cut and dried though.

I tend to think so, but some think along different lines. I've seen it rationalized before.

All I can do at this point is pray for everyone involved, even for Chris Benoit no matter how disgusted I am with him.

Ristamar

Unbelievable. I can't stop wondering what could have triggered something like this, and I highly doubt concrete answers will ever surface. If it was steroid related, why now? If it was a mental illness, were there any previous warning signs pointing to this type of potential behavior? If it was domestic issue, what drove him over the edge?

Kreed

dskillzhtown said:
Yeah, stop blaming WWE, steroids, a home invasion, or anything else. Chris just went crazy. Maybe was always crazy, but finally snapped.

But crazy doesn't get CNN, MSNBC, and FoxNews hits on their websites like putting steroids front and center in their headlines.

Dr_Cogent said:

because it's just some stupid oversimplifing in the face of something nobody of us can really grasp or understand.

Speechless at what im reading.

So many great wrestling memories tarnished by this tragedy. The best of the best had a monster inside him. Leaving this world in disgrace.

*shudders*

bjork

Manics said:
See what I mean about the WWE airing that stupid tribute?

That was taken from a dvd they'd made almost 3 years ago. It was painting him in a positive light while he was world champion, not once the details of this case came out. But this will just go around in circles, so I guess there's not much point in debating it. What's done is done.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
bjork said:
So I guess that's it for new developments until they report the toxicology thing?

Well, either that or we get details on the stuff they were holding back. (The Text Messages, further details on the victim's deaths)

Also, that is just covering the core case, it is still unknown how this is going to play out in both the wrestling world and indeed the mainstream media.

Manics said:
See what I mean about the WWE airing that stupid tribute?

Not really, considering you and the people like you can't seem to grasp that the WWE didn't know what had really happened at the time that the show took place.

I don't even like the WWE but demonizing them for their efforts makes absolutely no sense. If they had known, they wouldn't have sacrificed a storyline that they had heavily invested in and they wouldn't have given him tribute. They wouldn't have embarassed all their employees by putting them in the position to praise him.

Chiggs

Gold Member
3kuSaS said:
I thought he rushed home on Saturday, and now they're saying that his wife may have died Friday? Also, why would his wife be bound, and not the child? Something fishy is going on here - maybe Benoit came home to find his wife murdered, and then in a fit of rage/compassion killed his son so that he won't have to live without a mother. Lets hope the Fayetteville detectives are good enough to find out the true story, instead of sticking to the murder-suicide while possibly ignoring contradictory evidence.

Another excellent contender for worst post of the year.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am just disgusted, shocked, confused, sad and just angry.

Just the most ****ed up death related to wrestling that I can remember. Owen's death was sad, but I kind of could see how a terrible accident could happen. Others had heart attacks, overdoses, etc. But this almost seems premeditated how Chris came up with a reason why he wasn't on the road, took his time to bound them and get bibles. This is just so ****ing sick. Such a sick ****ing act by someone I actually admired.

I admired him because he got stiffed in WCW and WWE plenty of times, but he still worked hard at every PPV, and on every show. You always get the best of Benoit and I even patterned myself after that. Then this ****er does this? Man, this is rough. But not as rough as what happened to his wife and son. I am pissed, but the real tragedy is that a woman and son are dead. That is what needs to stay in everyone's minds.

ghostmind

WickedAngel said:
Not really, considering you and the people like you can't seem to grasp that the WWE didn't know what had really happened at the time that the show took place.

I don't even like the WWE but demonizing them for their efforts makes absolutely no sense. If they had known, they wouldn't have sacrificed a storyline that they had heavily invested in and they wouldn't have given him tribute. They wouldn't have embarassed all their employees by putting them in the position to praise him.

As creepy as the end of that last vid is, I can't believe they would have ran that tribute if they had any idea of what really happened... I mean Vince put his freaking daughter out there last night...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
dskillzhtown said:
I am pissed, but the real tragedy is that a woman and son are dead. That is what needs to stay in everyone's minds.

True, so true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom