• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV Gameplay Video - 4:51 Minutes long - Youtube link inside

I love how they almost casually show GTA Online at the end. "Looking good, right? Right? Well, there's also the online part. But yeah, next time."

This might be my most played online game on PS3.

Gameplay looks like a cross between GTAIV and GTA:SA.

Shooting looks like Max Payne.

Hunting and environments look better than RDR.

Driving looks like Night Club.

Creative killing like Manhunt.

Facial animations look on par with LA Noire.

How the fuck is this on current gen systems? I didn't think a game this size could look as good as it does.

Still going to wait for the PS4 version :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Feel as though I'm going to have no willpower and buy this on 360 despite wanting to wait for the potential PC version. Yep this is the GTA I've been dreaming about.

sunnz

Gameplay looks like a cross between GTAIV and GTA:SA.

Shooting looks like Max Payne.

Hunting and environments look better than RDR.

Driving looks like Night Club.

Creative killing like Manhunt.

Facial animations look on par with LA Noire.

Pretty much.

Combining the best of Rockstar over the years, learning from there mistakes, doing what the fans want and to top it off adding in even more new features and such.

Really are one of the best developers imo.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This proves that having new hardware might help, but most important thing is to produce good a good game with good gameplay and good ideas. And new hardware does not guarantee better games. Now next gen has to prove something after this year with all these great games.

Haunted

Looks awesome!

And looks like they adapted the real-time weapon / item switch from Skyward Sword:

gta5.gif

Zelda_Skyward_Sword_1014_04.bmp
Not sure if serious, plenty of games had a weapon switching wheel before SS. Radial menus (even those for weapons) go back a good decade or so.

I can't believe this is going to run on a PS3/360.

Can't wait to cop this bad boy...and I might even play online, too. I never get into these open world games, but GTA always pulls me in deep.

Megasoum

Banned
Not sure if serious, plenty of games had a weapon switching wheel before SS. Radial menus (even those for weapons) go back a good decade or so.

No idea if this is what the other poster meant but what I like with what they did is that opening the weapon wheel does not pause the game, it just slows down everything. I like that.

No idea if this is what the other poster meant but what I like with what they did is that opening the weapon wheel does not pause the game, it just slows down everything. I like that.

Witcher 2 and Max Payne 3 did that, actually RDR might have too, it's been a while.

sunnz

They said "this is footage running on PS3"?

Probably said something about in-engine on a super computer using the layout buttons for the PS3 controller.

IQ was way too clear.

Untitled.png

"Footage from the ps3 version of the game"

How clearer does it need to be?

SJRB

Gold Member
They said "this is footage running on PS3"?

Probably said something about in-engine on a super computer using the layout buttons for the PS3 controller.

IQ was way too clear.

I don't even know who's trolling and who's serious anymore in this thread.

Jesus Christ, it's PS3 footage. Let it go already.

Valravn

I really hope they release a pc version of this. Looks amazing.

Trevor is one of the best characters Rockstar came up with. Niko was not a good looking man, but they stepped it up a notch with Trevor. Trailer thrash, who doesnt give a shit. Think i will be playing with him most of the time. :)

Kiraly

It was not captured on the PS3 that's for sure, the video had not a single frame-drop and that is just bullshit.

Did they say what the frame rate is? 60? I remember GTA4 had a god awful framerate which I feel is limited because of current gen maxing out specs, so I hope GTA 5 has some better optimization.

Top Bottom