• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: Bid On Items With Gold Trophies (CFW cheaters winning)

beast786

Hopefully if Sony looks into it, they cancel and restart in a week with an overhaul

Just do 1 Gold = 1 Raffle Ticket

Place all on 1 item or spread them out

All 15 winners have to be legit, if you have any huge discrepancy you are disqualified, runner up gets the prize

Not fucking hard to create a white list of games like Sound Shapes or Sly 4 that award you double platinum by the YOPO (you only pay once) moniker

Just have an algorithm set up that searches account that used raffle tickets where games appear to be duped, knock them off

This is such a great idea. It will keep everyone interest of all of playstation community, regardless of how many trophies you have.

Right now less than 1% really are in depth in it. The rest are just saying cool and just move on as they know they have no shot.

it also will help encourage people play more game because each trophies increase your chance , instead of the fact that you know you will never able to achieve that many trophy to compete.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Here's what Hakoom had to say. He seems frustrated

http://community.us.playstation.com...-cheater/m-p/41031831/highlight/false#M498965

I have been contacting sony for 3 years regarding those users...
Nothing has been done and i just get automated replies..

90% of them have been flaged over at www.psntl.com
that site has an automatic system and a report cheater buton that removes hackers everyday..
cant sony do the same? i mean seriously ;x

only 13~15 clean users can win items out of everyone ( that can bid over 1000 g)

I have lost hope realy.. i spoke to many ppl at sony and sent many emails..
i dont understand whats so hard to ban them..
microsoft does it. why cant sony do it?

Slavik81

I really wish they wouldn't tie contests like this to achievements. Once you start making a achievements a competition between people, rather than an individual reward, it creates all sorts of awkward problems. Like this one.

I really wish they wouldn't tie contests like this to achievements. Once you start making a achievements a competition between people, rather than an individual reward, it creates all sorts of awkward problems. Like this one.

Done in the way they are currently rolling it out, I would agree. However I think that the raffle idea is the best way to both reward their customer's dedication to playing games on their system while also making a sincere attempt at being inclusive of a much wider portion of their customer base beyond the hardcore trophy hounds.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
redsoxfan95 just posted on my GT article

"haha fuck you all so what if i hacked ban me sony i want my shit still tho haha bitches flame me all you want i hang out here http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/members/85392-sox.html"

"haha fuck you all so what if i hacked ban me sony i want my shit still tho haha bitches flame me all you want i hang out here http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/members/85392-sox.html"

Greedy little bastard flew too close to the sun it seems.

Dug

Banned

His motto is "Achieved Greatness". Classy...real classy.

I didn't know there were so many organizations dedicated to building a huge trophy collection

true

USC-fan

Banned
Really is such a great idea. Sucks cheaters have ruined it.

Sony should banned at least the cheaters and really the "teams" too.

In psnprofiles he's in the Dirty Column, so they have registered them as a cheater

They're not in the clean leaderboards

Also the most damning info just take a look at their statistics:
So in January 2013, redsoxfan earned roughly 8300 Trophies IN ONE FUCKING MONTH, Child Please, if you are going to cheat, do it smart
hmx4x9I.png

My trophy earn rate for comparison:
chequiH.png

That's an average of 11 trophies an hour during the month of January. Considering we all need sleep and food that is an amazing accomplishment.

What a scam this redsoxfan douche is. If we can figure out this guy is a cheater in 5 minutes, hopefully Sony can too....

Replicant

I don't get peope who cheats to get trophies/achievements. I mean sure, you can brag to others but you are not fooling yourself. You haven't achieved anything. You didn't get that acknowledgement based on your hard work.

Returners

Well even the hacking websites are astounded that the cheater won the first item

They're more like how stupid can you be

You cheat away, bid, win, most will check just based on principle, and you have the audacity to leave this in your PSN Comment:
y8X3hXJ.png

"Achieved Greatness"

Wow....

Ugh

Drakeon

Has anyone tried getting ahold of Adam Boyes? I know he reads gaf.

I just tweeted a link to this thread. Hopefully he reads it. I'd encourage others to tweet him too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Melchiah

This is such a great idea. It will keep everyone interest of all of playstation community, regardless of how many trophies you have.

Right now less than 1% really are in depth in it. The rest are just saying cool and just move on as they know they have no shot.

it also will help encourage people play more game because each trophies increase your chance , instead of the fact that you know you will never able to achieve that many trophy to compete.

NA represents only a third of the PlayStation community, for the rest this competition is meaningless as they can't partake in it.

Vashetti

Banned
Well even the hacking websites are astounded that the cheater won the first item

They're more like how stupid can you be

You cheat away, bid, win, most will check just based on principle, and you have the audacity to leave this in your PSN Comment:
y8X3hXJ.png

"Achieved Greatness"

Wow....

Ban his fucking ass Sony.

And brick his console while you're at it.

Shadow780

Red Sox fan, figures.

sakipon

Ban his fucking ass Sony.

And brick his console while you're at it.

While MS can go to extremes with banning (playing an early copy can get you into trouble), Sony seems to be the opposite and way too relaxed about things. Why do they let obvious cheaters run around wild?

So yeah, ban these filths for good.

Kiraly

Fucking kids of '95 man.

Like, how the flying fuck has this redsox guy not been banned yet? Is Sony really that incompetent?

Yes, they really are. SCEA to be exact. The other branches probably just gave up attempting to care, but SCEA being ignorant to the mass manipulation goes and does a promotion without knowing what's going on.

This is beyond pathetic and I hope this is the cause that makes them wake up to trophy manipulation. Let's get the press in on this. If this won't do anything, nothing will.

Yeah, the dates on all those trophies. His first trophy is dated 1995. Not even trying to hide the fact that he's cheating for trophies. Hope Sony bans him.

Mod should change the title to

PlayStation: Bid On Items With Gold Trophies (Cheaters Approved!) or (Cheaters = Winners!)

Would also make good press headlines.
This is just hilarious and pathetic at the same time, it proves how out of touch Sony really is with trophies and the extent they've been manipulated.

I look at things like this and am dumbfounded when I see Sony being championed as heroes to the press and gaming forums lately. When they are so out of touch in many network aspects: trophies being throwaway to them and probably not even knowing what's happening with them, no basic key features like being able to change PSN ID or region (not turning this into a MS vs Sony thing, but MS has those features), etc.

Edit: I see the thread title is updated too.

Would also make good press headlines.
This is just hilarious and pathetic at the same time, it proves how out of touch Sony really is with trophies and the extent they've been manipulated.

Edit: I see the thread title is updated too.

Stuff like trophie scores are probably controlled out of japan,and unlike MS they can't act as fast. An event like this is made via SCEA and whatever third party they hired to organize it. Who might have even less of a clue.

Seeing sony's community focus these days though I think someone might be able to send the message that some of the winners are hackers.

Stuff like trophie scores are probably controlled out of japan,and unlike MS they can't act as fast. An event like this is made via SCEA and whatever third party they hired to organize it. Who might have even less of a clue.
During the PSN hacking outage the Euro guys definitively seemed to indicate PSN was administrated from the US. I believe it's actually operated by a separate company (Sony Network Entertainment) though, which probably makes it harder for SCEA to react.

Just a fun fact, when you see Sony guys actually replying to this (like Sid Shuman or Morgan Haro has, saying "we'll look into it"), it's just PR fluff.

Around early 2012 when trophy hacking was really getting out of control, many complained to SCEA's online support form. It had a selectable subject called "Trophies". Replies from support were seemingly automated, everyone getting the "we'll look into it" or "we'll route this to a higher up" (spoiler: there is no higher up).
A few weeks later, that selectable subject was removed from their form.

They won't do shit, that's just a way to shut everyone up. As you can see, one of the 'official' press articles was updated (Kotaku one I believe) stated that at the end, kind of assuring that something will be done.

Sadly, for anything to happen with this and the PS3 trophy system seeing some justice finally, Sony really needs to be drilled and made a public fool of with this mishap. But I just don't think this subject is lighting up gaming forums and press sites enough.

mclem

So CFW PS3's had been offline since that OFW release that would banhammer them
So most just accumulated ungodly amount of trophies by cheating with multiple ways till they can gain access to PSN again

The bit that really astounds me is the idea that they would cheat to get trophies at a point that there was no guarantee that they'd be able to display them online. Were they literally only doing it because then they'd have the platinum trophy locally?

mclem

I REALLY hope cheaters just go fucking buck wild now. Just completely destroy this promotion.

Maybe it will make Sony realize there is a problem?

Like, how the flying fuck has this redsox guy not been banned yet? Is Sony really that incompetent?

It'd be fun if it turns out that this was a honey trap of sorts. "C'mon, show off your trophies, there's a big exclusive prize in it for you. Just bring yourself to our attention. What's the worst that can happen?"

If sony was smart, they would be using this auction thing to sniff these people out and delete their profiles or ban them from the contest or whatever. And with the amount of people ratting these cheaters out, it wouldn't take that long. Also, don't send the items to obvious cheaters, that would be really stupid.

Dunlop

Just a fun fact, when you see Sony guys actually replying to this (like Sid Shuman or Morgan Haro has, saying "we'll look into it"), it's just PR fluff.

Around early 2012 when trophy hacking was really getting out of control, many complained to SCEA's online support form. It had a selectable subject called "Trophies". Replies from support were seemingly automated, everyone getting the "we'll look into it" or "we'll route this to a higher up" (spoiler: there is no higher up).
A few weeks later, that selectable subject was removed from their form.

They won't do shit, that's just a way to shut everyone up. As you can see, one of the 'official' press articles was updated (Kotaku one I believe) stated that at the end, kind of assuring that something will be done.

Sadly, for anything to happen with this and the PS3 trophy system seeing some justice finally, Sony really needs to be drilled and made a public fool of with this mishap. But I just don't think this subject is lighting up gaming forums and press sites enough.

They can get away with it because their online is free atm, does not bode well that they have a system in place for when they start to charge

NHale

As mentioned, this is the kind of oversight I expect from Sony.

Well what you would expect from Sony? They are trying to copy Microsoft at everything and with trophy hacks they are doing the same lack of oversight that Microsoft does on the FIFA hacks.

At least they are not allowing money and accounts to get stolen like the FIFA hack, so they still have room to "improve" on the lack of oversight.

Top Bottom