• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/30 - 8/5

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Earthstrike said:
Yes, but a much more thorough model would have to factor in christmas bumps which assume proportionality to the weekly sales ratio. In other words every november could be counted as two weeks and every december week as 4.

A better estimate (but still very rudimentary) would be that wii passes PSP in 41 weeks.

Edit; Also, when Nintendo finally gets another factory working on wii production, sales will also go up. This might be included into the model to make the number more like 25-30 weeks.

Problem with that is that psp will have a higher bump than the Wii due to supply restraints, and hopefully the new psp model will push it up to 45k a month average for a large chunk on the way to xmas. Of course the psp could be supply constrained if it's really popular over the original psp and Sony didn't produce enough.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Problem with that is that psp will have a higher bump than the Wii due to supply restraints
Not always the case.

Weekly average, week of January 2, 2006 - week of October 30, 2006
DS: 145,702
PSP: 33,488

Weekly average, week of November 6, 2006 - week of December 25, 2006
DS: 243,479 (+67.1%)
PSP: 46,963 (+40.2%)

Galactic Fork

JoshuaJSlone said:
Not always the case.

Weekly average, week of January 2, 2006 - week of October 30, 2006
DS: 145,702
PSP: 33,488

Weekly average, week of November 6, 2006 - week of December 25, 2006
DS: 243,479 (+67.1%)
PSP: 46,963 (+40.2%)

That's cause you're using november, there's not that big of a bump in november. It's skewing the numbers. PSP had 3 weeks over 100k, and 1 week at 90something. Of course that was the 2005 xmas, the 2006 xmas did worse, but I could see it doing 4 weeks over 100k during xmas, and with constraints, unless nintendo really pushes production and had a backlog, I don't see the Wii doing it. And even if you count november, any bump will slow the gap closing because the Wii will most likely stay pretty flat.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
That's cause you're using november, there's not that big of a bump in november. It's skewing the numbers. PSP had 3 weeks over 100k, and 1 week at 90something. Of course that was the 2005 xmas, the 2006 xmas did worse, but I could see it doing 4 weeks over 100k during xmas, and with constraints, unless nintendo really pushes production and had a backlog, I don't see the Wii doing it. And even if you count november, any bump will slow the gap closing because the Wii will most likely stay pretty flat.

Nintendo will stockpile for Christmas, it's the biggest spending season, to do otherwise would be foolish. You think Nintendo will be producing the same amount of Wiis by next year? The gap will close even faster once they get even more production up.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
That's cause you're using november, there's not that big of a bump in november.
Weekly average, week of January 2, 2006 - week of November 27, 2006
DS: 147,225
PSP: 32,584

Weekly average, week of December 4, 2006 - week of December 25, 2006
DS: 322,987 (+119.4%)
PSP: 71,289 (+118.8%)

Galactic Fork

BishopLamont said:
Nintendo will stockpile for Christmas, it's the biggest spending season, to do otherwise would be foolish. You think Nintendo will be producing the same amount of Wiis by next year? The gap will close even faster once they get even more production up.

Nobody is disputing that the gap will close faster when production increases, but Nintendo has already stated to expect constraints till after the holiday. And honestly I don't think they're stockpiling as many as people think, the wii's are already sold, it doesn't matter when they put them out, so they might as well sell them as soon as they make them.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Weekly average, week of January 2, 2006 - week of November 27, 2006
DS: 147,225
PSP: 32,584

Weekly average, week of December 4, 2006 - week of December 25, 2006
DS: 322,987 (+119.4%)
PSP: 71,289 (+118.8%)

That shows a bit more of a bump there, even if the PSP did suck last year. But I don't see the Wii doing an average of 150k this december while I can see the PSP doing an average 70 to 80k.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Nobody is disputing that the gap will close faster when production increases, but Nintendo has already stated to expect constraints till after the holiday.

Well, maybe Nintendo is anticipating HIGHER demand than the already high Wii stock. Watch them up thier shipment forecast a bitsignificantly this time come September or whenever thier quarterly report comes out.

And honestly I don't think they're stockpiling as many as people think, the wii's are already sold, it doesn't matter when they put them out, so they might as well sell them as soon as they make them.

Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brother Brawl is a very good reason to have as many Wii as you can manufacture during the November and December period, the biggest shopping season of the year.

Galactic Fork

titiklabingapat said:
Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brother Brawl is a very good reason to have as many Wii as you can manufacture during the November and December period, the biggest shopping season of the year.

Yes, but if you are already going to sale 100% of stock, why bother holding off? The reason to sell more during xmas is because you want higher sales... If they're already sold, why bother waiting? Money still spends the same if it's spent in august as it is in december. They aren't going to sell more Wiis by selling them in december instead of august.

KINGMOKU

I agree with GGG on one point. There is no way in well Nintendo is going to have anywhere near the amount of Wii's needed worldwide for the holidays, when its constanly sold out as it is.

This could be one of the biggest screw-ups ever, in videogame history.

I say that they wont even have 3million units for all of N. America for those two months. Likely around 2million, and it will be a debacle of epic perportions.

Galactic Fork

moku said:
I agree with GGG on one point. There is no way in well Nintendo is going to have anywhere near the amount of Wii's needed worldwide for the holidays, when its constanly sold out as it is.

I say that they wont even have 3million units for all of N. America for those two months. Likely around 2million, and it will be a debacle of epic perportions.

I don't think it's a screw up. it's just an explosion of demand. No real mistake occurred. They've already put out 10 million world wide in about 9 or so months. That's pretty impressive. It's just not enough.

KINGMOKU

GreenGlowingGoo said:
I don't think it's a screw up. it's just an explosion of demand. No real mistake occurred. They've already put out 10 million world wide in about 9 or so months. That's pretty impressive. It's just not enough.
This holiday is critical for Nintendo. They could just demolish records, and the other two players this holiday season.

They should have been ramping up production to insane levels. That is not the case from what I understand.

This is a case of a conservative company, about to get bitten in the ass.

I cant even fathom how many Wii's Nintendo could sell this holiday globally if they had a near limitless supply. Anyone want to hazard a guess? 10million? 15?

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Yes, but if you are already going to sale 100% of stock, why bother holding off? The reason to sell more during xmas is because you want higher sales... If they're already sold, why bother waiting? Money still spends the same if it's spent in august as it is in december. They aren't going to sell more Wiis by selling them in december instead of august.
Why bother waiting? So you can maximize software sales of your biggest titles of the year. I reckon you can yield 10%-15% more sales from people like GAFfers who don't own a Wii but will buy one just to play SSMB or SMG during that holiday period.

System selling is not the point but the profit margin on the AAA titles you devoted significant amounts of time and effort in since the real moneymaker is in software.

moku said:

And this is exactly why I think they are stockpilingf significant amounts of hardware for the showdown in holiday 08. At least in NA.
They should have been ramping up production to insane levels. That is not the case from what I understand.

They increased shipments by 2.5 million up to 16 million for the FY. Thier initial forecast was 14M, selling them at around 1.1M a month, and they've been sticking to that shipping pattern so far. They are basically shaving at least around 200k a month right now.

That extra 2.5M could be used for the holidays, with further forecast upgrade in the next quarterly report.

felipeko

So i was reading Wiki's sales page and realized Mario franchise is closing in 200 million..
Is that Mario main serie only?
And it will probably hit 200 million after the launch of Mario Galaxy, that will give them a great PR...

Xeke

Banned
moku said:
This holiday is critical for Nintendo. They could just demolish records, and the other two players this holiday season.

This is a case of a conservative company, about to get bitten in the ass.

I cant even fathom how many Wii's Nintendo could sell this holiday globally if they had a near limitless supply. Anyone want to hazard a guess? 10million? 15?

Because it's that easy to get factories with production lines up...?

KINGMOKU

Xeke said:
Because it's that easy to get factories with production lines up...?
For this upcoming holiday season, yeah it is. Nintendo is just swimming in cash right now. Pulling in record numbers.

They should be outputting 4million Wii's a month, and saving up at least 2 of those for the holidays.

They need surplus.

Galactic Fork

titiklabingapat said:
Why bother waiting? So you can maximize software sales of your biggest titles of the year. I reckon you can yield 10%-15% more sales from people like GAFfers who don't own a Wii but will buy one just to play SSMB or SMG during that holiday period.

System selling is not the point but the profit margin on the AAA titles you devoted significant amounts of time and effort in since the real moneymaker is in software.

This is a very good point but I think you're overestimating the percentage. Besides, I could also bring up the people who couldn't find one in august and september who aren't going to bother later. I think the biggest factor is the total market share.

Though I will concede stockpiling for software releases will increase software sales, I don't really equate that with stockpiling for the high sales of xmas.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
GreenGlowingGoo said:
This is a very good point but I think you're overestimating the percentage. Besides, I could also bring up the people who couldn't find one in august and september who aren't going to bother later. I think the biggest factor is the total market share.

Though I will concede stockpiling for software releases will increase software sales, I don't really equate that with stockpiling for the high sales of xmas.

Let's try a proof by contra-positive.

Your claim here is that stockpiling is not really worth it because a) it won't enhance software sales very much, and b) in the mean time they're losing sales by not putting the units out on the market.

Nintendo DOES stockpile DS units in Japan for holiday weeks. We've seen it time and time again. The DS was sold out until very recently, but Nintendo still stockpiled.

So if we accept your premise and the known truth about Nintendo, one of the two conclusions must follow:
a) Stockpiling will result in higher software sales for the DS but it won't for the Wii.
or
b) Nintendo is stupid and is stockpiling even though it's a bad business move.

Since neither of those conclusions makes any sense, your premise must be incorrect.

felipeko

More Wii/DS avaliable in the holidays = less PS3/X360/PSP being bought.

People can just not buy over the year.. but in the holidays they must have the gifts... so they will buy another console if it's not on the shelves...

Frillen

moku said:
For this upcoming holiday season, yeah it is. Nintendo is just swimming in cash right now. Pulling in record numbers.

They should be outputting 4million Wii's a month, and saving up at least 2 of those for the holidays.

They need surplus.

Machines and robots in factories can only work that fast. Just because the Wii is such a huge success and basically a GamecubeX2, doesn't mean factories can magically produce more Wii's.

felipeko said:
So i was reading Wiki's sales page and realized Mario franchise is closing in 200 million..
Is that Mario main serie only?
And it will probably hit 200 million after the launch of Mario Galaxy, that will give them a great PR...

I believe that's the main Mario series. Excluding titles like Mario Part, Mario Kart etc.

Xeke

Banned
felipeko said:
More Wii/DS avaliable in the holidays = less PS3/X360/PSP being bought.

People can just not buy over the year.. but in the holidays they must have the gifts... so they will buy another console if it's not on the shelves...

That just isn't true. People wont go in with the intention of buying a $250 Wii and come with a $500 PS3. It just doesn't work like that.

They need surplus.

But it can't just happen like that. It just can't. You're asking Nintendo to produce more than they are physically able to. You're asking them to double output after receiving all this surprise demand? That just isn't how factories work.

felipeko

Xeke said:
That just isn't true. People wont go in with the intention of buying a $250 Wii and come with a $500 PS3. It just doesn't work like that.
A lot of parents will need a gift. And they will have a $270 X360, the store will push it if they have no Wii.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
felipeko said:
A lot of parents will need a gift. And they will have a $270 X360, the store will push it if they have no Wii.

The kind of parents who "just need a gift" are normally the kind of parents which unfortunately are not financially able to afford game consoles as gifts to their children. Normally kids over age 5 or so ask for what they want in specific.

Xeke said:

But it can't just happen like that. It just can't. You're asking Nintendo to produce more than they are physically able to. You're asking them to double output after receiving all this surprise demand? That just isn't how factories work.

There was plenty of time to open up new lines, new shifts, or new factories between March and October to get supply up for the holidays.

KINGMOKU

AdmiralViscen said:
There was plenty of time to open up new lines, new shifts, or new factories between March and October to get supply up for the holidays.
Exactly. It's been what, 10months now? MORE then enough time to see a pattern, and get busy.

Nintendo could easily (I bolded that becuase it is a 100% certainy) destroy console sales records this holiday, in every region, if they had enough Wii's.

Like I said before, if they had the units, you could see amounts that would boggle peoples minds.

It's all in Nintendo's hands at this point though, Make 20million, sell 20million.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Nobody is disputing that the gap will close faster when production increases, but Nintendo has already stated to expect constraints till after the holiday. And honestly I don't think they're stockpiling as many as people think, the wii's are already sold, it doesn't matter when they put them out, so they might as well sell them as soon as they make them.
These things apply as much or more to DS last year, but it still had the holiday bump.

Vinnk

vinnksvillagemed.jpg

"Vinnk's Village" Anecdotal Report

Sorry that I haven’t done a report for so long guys. First there was a typhoon last week and then I had a conference this week. Anyway, some interesting stuff this week.

This week I was asked to look for: DS, Wii, Mina no Golf 5 and Dragon Quest: Swords. I went Saturday August 11th, 2007:

Jusco
Wii: 3
DS lite: 9
Mina no Golf: 3
Dragon Quest Swords: 5

Youme Town
Wii: 1
DS lite: 8
Mina no Golf: 8
Dragon Quest Swords: 3

Mr. Max
DS lite: 4
Mina no Golf: Sold out? (I don’t know if they had any)
Dragon Quest Swords: Sold out

Book-Net
Wii: Sold out
DS lite: 11
Mina no Golf: 2
Dragon Quest Swords: 3 (new) 4 (used)

Goody
Wii: sold out
DS lite: 2
Mina no Golf: None
Dragon Quest Swords: None

Best Denki
Wii: 4
DS lite: 16
Mina no Golf: 7
Dragon Quest Swords: 4 (new) 3 used

Wanpaku
DS lite: 7
Mina no Golf: 13
Dragon Quest Swords: 3 (new) 5 (Used)

Famicom Dojo
DS lite: Sold out
Mina no Golf: Didn’t order it
Dragon Quest Swords: Sold out

Yamada Denki
Wii: 5
DS lite: 14
Mina no Golf: 6
Dragon Quest Swords: 9

TOTALS:
Wii: 15
DS lite: 69
Mina no Golf: 39
Dragon Quest Swords: 41 (29 new 12 used)

NOTES:

1. There are (comparatively) tons of Wii systems to be bought this week. More than I have ever seen. It's still more rare than any other system, but anyone who is looking for one should be able to get one this week. One possible explanation is that there are starting to be some used Wii systems. Seems some people bought the Wii for Dragon Quest Swords and then returned it afterwards. People looking to buy a Wii are snapping up these used systems rather than buying the new ones. At least that’s what seems to be going on in my town.

2. DS is not supply constrained. You still might have to go to a few stores to find your perfect color, but in general anyone can get a DS who wants one.

3. Minna no Golf 5 is plentiful everywhere. The kiosks are still set-up at some of the stores, but not many copies seem to be moving.

4. Dragon Quest Swords is selling very well, but as a used game. I see many people buying it and many people selling it. It is great for the used game stores (they make more money on used than new games) but pretty bad for Square-Enix because there is little reason to buy this game new when cheaper, mint condition copies, can be found almost everywhere.

5. In my town FFXII:International and IAWW are still their full retail price. I remember when the price of Tales of the Tempest fell like a rock in my town, but that hasn’t happened with these two games, or at least not yet.

6. There is a lot of talk about Dragon Quest IX. The gaming nerds of my city are really getting hyped about it. It’s very different from their initial response, where the same people were absolutely disgusted that the beloved franchise would be on the DS. But since then it seems all those regulars have bought the DS and are getting into the RPGs. Despite the low sales, they adore IAWW. But again the Otaku gamers make up only a small segment of the gaming universe.

Previous Reports:

July 26th, 2007
July 19th, 2007
July 12th, 2007
July 5th, 2007
June 28th, 2007
June 21st, 2007
June 14th, 2007
June 7th, 2007
May 30th, 2007
May 24th, 2007
May 17th, 2007
May 10th, 2007

TJ Spyke

Frillen said:
I believe that's the main Mario series. Excluding titles like Mario Part, Mario Kart etc.

Nope, i'm pretty sure it counts all games. If by "main Mario series", you mean platformers that star him, it's only about 16 games (and that is counting console and handheld, inlcuding the remakes).

Haunted

excellent report once again, Vinnk, thanks!

So Wii is better available in stores atm. The possible connection to DQ swords is interesting, though. Seeing how it's the first real RPG on the system... I can see how mainly RPG or DQ aficionados would have not much use for the Wii right now.

felipeko

TJ Spyke said:
Nope, i'm pretty sure it counts all games. If by "main Mario series", you mean platformers that star him, it's only about 16 games (and that is counting console and handheld, inlcuding the remakes).
I think he is right... Just with the numbers of the main series that Wiki have its a total of ~156

The others Mario series would be at least ~55

So i think 193 it's only from main series...

And good job as usual Vinnk. Thanks.

apujanata

Vinnk said:
TOTALS:
Wii: 15
DS lite: 69
Mina no Golf: 39
Dragon Quest Swords: 41 (29 new 12 used)

NOTES:

1. There are (comparatively) tons of Wii systems to be bought this week. More than I have ever seen. It's still more rare than any other system, but anyone who is looking for one should be able to get one this week. One possible explanation is that there are starting to be some used Wii systems. Seems some people bought the Wii for Dragon Quest Swords and then returned it afterwards. People looking to buy a Wii are snapping up these used systems rather than buying the new ones. At least that’s what seems to be going on in my town.

2. DS is not supply constrained. You still might have to go to a few stores to find your perfect color, but in general anyone can get a DS who wants one.

3. Minna no Golf 5 is plentiful everywhere. The kiosks are still set-up at some of the stores, but not many copies seem to be moving.

4. Dragon Quest Swords is selling very well, but as a used game. I see many people buying it and many people selling it. It is great for the used game stores (they make more money on used than new games) but pretty bad for Square-Enix because there is little reason to buy this game new when cheaper, mint condition copies, can be found almost everywhere.

5. In my town FFXII:International and IAWW are still their full retail price. I remember when the price of Tales of the Tempest fell like a rock in my town, but that hasn’t happened with these two games, or at least not yet.

6. There is a lot of talk about Dragon Quest IX. The gaming nerds of my city are really getting hyped about it. It’s very different from their initial response, where the same people were absolutely disgusted that the beloved franchise would be on the DS. But since then it seems all those regulars have bought the DS and are getting into the RPGs. Despite the low sales, they adore IAWW. But again the Otaku gamers make up only a small segment of the gaming universe.

Very interesting news regarding Wii & Draqon Quest Swords. It seems that DQS is really a system seller, but since Wii is supply constrained, there is no apparent increase in the weekly sales (other than probably increased supply). How much cheaper is the used Wii price ?
Poor MNG5. No news regarding MP8 ?
DQS might not be able to hit 1 Million, if what happened in your small town are replicated in the major cities. How much cheaper is the used DQS copies ?
Another proof of the difference between Kyushu and Tokyo is in the FFXII:Int and IAWW prices.
Nice info about gaming nerds not just buying X360 and PS3, but also buying DS (and probably PSP & Wii). I am also looking forward to DQIX.

cvxfreak said:
Umbrella Chronicles is #7 on Amazon Japan! :D
You better wait until it managed to stay in the top 10 for at least 7 more days. BTW, did you import it, or are you waiting to buy it in Japan when you arrive there ?

Vinnk

apujanata said:
Very interesting news regarding Wii & Draqon Quest Swords. It seems that DQS is really a system seller, but since Wii is supply constrained, there is no apparent increase in the weekly sales (other than probably increased supply). How much cheaper is the used Wii price ?
Poor MNG5. No news regarding MP8 ?
DQS might not be able to hit 1 Million, if what happened in your small town are replicated in the major cities. How much cheaper is the used DQS copies ?
Another proof of the difference between Kyushu and Tokyo is in the FFXII:Int and IAWW prices.
Nice info about gaming nerds not just buying X360 and PS3, but also buying DS (and probably PSP & Wii). I am also looking forward to DQIX.

1. A used Wii is on average about 2000yen cheaper (at some stores only 500 yen cheaper).

2. MP8? Not supply constrained at all. Available in every store. I didn't even bother counting it.

3. DQS will probably not hit 1 million. It will pick up around Christmas, but it will have so much competition from games like Galaxy. However, I am willing to bet that over a million people will play it. Since the used copies are still selling super well. Some of the used copies right now may have been played by several people and are just constantly being sold back.

cvxfreak

apujanata said:
You better wait until it managed to stay in the top 10 for at least 7 more days. BTW, did you import it, or are you waiting to buy it in Japan when you arrive there ?

It's for pre-orders. The game is out in Japan 11/15.

d[-_-]b

Banned
AniHawk said:
Guess the Gamecube userbase has almost replaced their systems.
It sounds about right i mean the gamecube had like 4 million units sold or so in japan, it's time for Nintendo to worry.

AniHawk

Newest update from The Store, since Madden comes out tomorrow night, and it's been a month since SMG and SSBB were added. I grabbed the ones I thought most people would be interested in.

DS
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: 88
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings: 7
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword: 4
Mega Man ZX Advent: 3
Sonic Rush Adventure: 2
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games: 1
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker: 1

Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 61
Super Mario Galaxy: 29
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 21
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles: 13
Fire Emblem: 8
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games: 7
NiGHTS: 5

Xbox 360
Halo 3: 377 (204 reg, 33 LE, 140 leg)
Bioshock: 33 (11 reg, 22 CE)
Mass Effect: 24
Star Wars the Force Unleashed: 17
Blue Dragon: 14
Virtua Fighter 5: 4 (there was ONE for the PS3 when that one was released)

PSP
God of War: Chains of Olympus: 16
Spider-Man 3: 10
Gran Turismo: 9
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: 6
Silent Hill: Origins: 3
Final Fantasy Tactics: 3
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles: 2
Jeanne D'Arc: 1

PS3
Lair: 27
Heavenly Sword: 18
Killzone 2: 4
Ratchet & Clank Future: 2
Little Big Planet: 1

Persona 3: 9

Guitar Hero III: 166 (47 Wii, 20 PS3, 50 PS2, 49 360)
Madden 2008: 146 (5 DS, 52 360, 9 Wii, 10 Xbox, 21 PS3, 2 PC, 41 PS2, 6 PSP)
Grand Theft Auto IV: 71 (49 360, 22 PS3)
Assassin's Creed: 44 (12 PS3, 32 360)
Rock Band: 18 (16 360, 2 PS3)
Manhunt 2: 7 (3 PS2, 2 PSP, 2 Wii)

AniHawk

Dalthien said:
Nice update.

Any comments about general sales info from your store - hardware, recent software releases, etc?

Mario Strikers is big, as expected. Guitar Hero 80s has sorta fizzled, but I expect at least two months of strong sales. Pretty much everyone is waiting for Madden or Bioshock at this point, so sales aren't that big otherwise.

On the hardware side, Wiis are starting to stay overnight. Usually shipments of six last two days instead of 20 minutes. That's still pretty good... considering we usually move 4 PS3s in 2 months.

People are paying more attention to the PS3 thanks to the price drop. I think we might've sold 2-4 since E3. The 360 hasn't had much of a huge boost... nothing that strikes me as unusual, but it just happened. A coworker has been telling everyone to hold off on PSP until the new bundles come out, but Sony hasn't shipped any of the old models recently, so it's not that big of a deal. I never see anyone sell DS Lites ever, but apparently it happens. Gamecubes were just lowered to $40 and we still can't sell any of them. People only get $10 for a working system these days and they are still trading them in like crazy.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
AniHawk said:
Newest update from The Store, since Madden comes out tomorrow night, and it's been a month since SMG and SSBB were added. I grabbed the ones I thought most people would be interested in.

Madden 2008: 146 (5 DS, 52 360, 9 Wii, 10 Xbox, 21 PS3, 2 PC, 41 PS2, 6 PSP)
Grand Theft Auto IV: 71 (49 360, 22 PS3)
Assassin's Creed: 44 (12 PS3, 32 360)
Manhunt 2: 7 (3 PS2, 2 PSP, 2 Wii)

Hang on, is that the pre-orders for GH3? I would have never expected Wii to be so high, Nice figures, I also expect MH2 Wii pre-ordersage to shoot up once the game is actually allowed out there :p

apujanata

AniHawk said:
Mario Strikers is big, as expected. Guitar Hero 80s has sorta fizzled, but I expect at least two months of strong sales. Pretty much everyone is waiting for Madden or Bioshock at this point, so sales aren't that big otherwise.

On the hardware side, Wiis are starting to stay overnight. Usually shipments of six last two days instead of 20 minutes. That's still pretty good... considering we usually move 4 PS3s in 2 months.

People are paying more attention to the PS3 thanks to the price drop. I think we might've sold 2-4 since E3. The 360 hasn't had much of a huge boost... nothing that strikes me as unusual, but it just happened. A coworker has been telling everyone to hold off on PSP until the new bundles come out, but Sony hasn't shipped any of the old models recently, so it's not that big of a deal. I never see anyone sell DS Lites ever, but apparently it happens. Gamecubes were just lowered to $40 and we still can't sell any of them. People only get $10 for a working system these days and they are still trading them in like crazy.

Bioshock: 33 (11 reg, 22 CE)

How much X360 do you think your store sell in a week ? Do you get six Wii/week or 6 Wii/2weeks ?
Interesting info about GCN trading. I don't think I would trade in my GCN for only $10. Yikes.

Pretty low (IMO) Bioshock preorder. I thought it would be higher (based on NeoGAF hysterical acclaim of this game).

cvxfreak said:
It's for pre-orders. The game is out in Japan 11/15.
Sorry. Forgot that this game is not out this month. Is that #7 on pre-order only list, or combined list ?

AniHawk

apujanata said:
How much X360 do you think your store sell in a week ? Do you get six Wii/week or 6 Wii/2weeks ?

It varies. It's been every other week for a while, but there's a shipment headed our way soon, and we had one last week too.

apujanata

AniHawk said:
It varies. It's been every other week for a while, but there's a shipment headed our way soon, and we had one last week too.

Well, I hope this means there will be no constrain for Wii in the future (at least until Christmas, or until Smash Brother).

BTW, you haven't answered my question regarding X360 weekly sales.

AniHawk said:

I expect this to be the general pattern of sales, people are really underestimating the power of a popular brand name.

Oh, and Halo 3 will destroy all previous day one sales figures.

Christine

Opus Angelorum said:
I expect this to be the general pattern of sales, people are really underestimating the power of a popular brand name.

Brand name is part of it - the other part is platform availability. PS2 and Wii turn a regular old ass-beating into a complete shit-kicking.

AniHawk

apujanata said:
Pretty low (IMO) Bioshock preorder. I thought it would be higher (based on NeoGAF hysterical acclaim of this game).

It was MUCH lower a month ago. Probably just half. Hype's been getting around and it should hit 300k-400k for August if enough people hear about it. I'm not sure how big Madden is going to be, and whether it'll crush Bioshock.

Top Bottom