• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

I think those cables can be used as a cheap guitar recording interface for your PC, too. Probably not the best quality, but at least it's useful beyond just hooking up your guitar to a video game (educational as it may be)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
ModBot includes header images now? Neat.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Painkiller Redemption -- MB-851BEB2C052ED581 - Taken by ieavei

I'm playing through Doom 3 BFG edition at the moment, but I feel like the flashlights being taped onto my gun is ruining the atmosphere. Is there a way to toggle it off?

Also, the textures seem kinda bad in spots. Is this just because it's a 2004 game, or is there a way to sharper them? Note: I've adjusted the LOD setting all the way left.

Also, the AA seems kinda "eh," considering I have the game at 16xAA. It even seems kinda vaseline-y, but maybe I'm just not used to playing a shooter this old.

It's just kinda jarring. Sometimes it looks pretty darn good, others it looks kinda bad.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The "Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows" includes everything I need to game on PC, right? Don't have to buy that adapter thing?

My 360 controller crapped out on me, and Amazon has them on sale. I was about to purchase a wired one, but the wireless is only $5 more. Just want to make sure I don't have to shell out for an adapter or anything like that.

catabarez

The "Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows" includes everything I need to game on PC, right? Don't have to buy that adapter thing?

My 360 controller crapped out on me, and Amazon has them on sale. I was about to purchase a wired one, but the wireless is only $5 more. Just want to make sure I don't have to shell out for an adapter or anything like that.

What's the link for the one you want to get?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
that fucking sucks. For some reason I assumed it'd be something less specific
I've seen that there are some tutorials floating around that show how to connect an instrument using a regular audio cable, but I still went for the real one.

I think those cables can be used as a cheap guitar recording interface for your PC, too. Probably not the best quality, but at least it's useful beyond just hooking up your guitar to a video game (educational as it may be)
Yup, this is a nice feature which I haven't tried yet. Sure beats recording the songs with a cheap microphone!

Grief.exe

I'm playing through Doom 3 BFG edition at the moment, but I feel like the flashlights being taped onto my gun is ruining the atmosphere. Is there a way to toggle it off?

Also, the textures seem kinda bad in spots. Is this just because it's a 2004 game, or is there a way to sharper them? Note: I've adjusted the LOD setting all the way left.

Also, the AA seems kinda "eh," considering I have the game at 16xAA. It even seems kinda vaseline-y, but maybe I'm just not used to playing a shooter this old.

It's just kinda jarring. Sometimes it looks pretty darn good, others it looks kinda bad.

Ya the BFG edition is pretty bad.

The original Doom 3 allows you to mod in some amazing textures, have more AA/AF/DOF options, and has real-time shadows.

InertiaXr

What's the verdict on Krater. Worth the 3 bucks?

Everyone on GAF owns it yet no one on GAF has played it.

It's alright. The combat is pretty basic since every 'class' IIRC only has 2 skills, and most of the quests are boring MMO style 'go collect 6 of these' or 'go kill this boss'. I got bored of both of those which is why I never finished it, but played for a good 4-5 hours because of the neat art style and reasonably interesting setting.

Grief.exe

I posted this earlier, don't know how this price compares to Amazon

Anustart

Woo, managed to get the Dark Boy achievement on Binding of Isaac (Depths, no damage) on accident. I've been trying but on this run I wasn't going for it and not thinking about it, killed mom and got the achievement. 5 achievements left to get, beat the chest with ??? and Samson, Golden and Platinum god and Mom's Contact.

In 131 hours of playtime I've seen mom's eye once...

Card Boy

Banned
What's the verdict on Krater. Worth the 3 bucks?

Do what i do, if you have to ask this question don't buy something. This isn't exclusive to games. Chances are you have 100 games you haven't played in your Steam or console library.

Resist the urge.

Ya the BFG edition is pretty bad.

The original Doom 3 allows you to mod in some amazing textures, have more AA/AF/DOF options, and has real-time shadows.

Well I feel like I'm too far in to change now. Can I transfer saves over?

Also, I think it has real-time shadows on the flashlight now, as it's in the options. Maybe it was patched in.

Also, how the hell is there not an option to separate the flashlight and guns? What?! The game was built around that! Not having it ruins the look of dark corridors, destroys tension and makes combat easier.

Sure, I could "Not use it," but it's not the same.

Turfster

Also, how the hell is there not an option to separate the flashlight and guns? What?! The game was built around that! Not having it ruins the look of dark corridors, destroys tension and makes combat easier.

Sure, I could "Not use it," but it's not the same.

Is this opposites day?
The shitstorm that rose when the flashlight was separate from the guns at the time of the original release was epic, and it was the first thing that got modded in by users.

Dingotech

Woo, managed to get the Dark Boy achievement on Binding of Isaac (Depths, no damage) on accident. I've been trying but on this run I wasn't going for it and not thinking about it, killed mom and got the achievement. 5 achievements left to get, beat the chest with ??? and Samson, Golden and Platinum god and Mom's Contact.

Congrats!

I've only done Basement Boy as my no damage achievements.
I'm only up to something like 38/Total achievements though. I have managed to beat the game 10 times though.

lmpaler

Dark Souls seems to be less active on the PC than the consoles for me. I blame GFWL lol, Honestly though is this normal? I remember getting summoned so much that I was able to essentially farm bosses for souls and humanity before I even killed them in my own world, not so now.

Anustart

Congrats!

I've only done Basement Boy as my no damage achievements.
I'm only up to something like 38/Total achievements though. I have managed to beat the game 10 times though.

My order for unlocking went Basement > Womb > Caves > Depths.

Mom's Knife helped me do the womb with ease.

Dark Souls seems to be less active on the PC than the consoles for me. I blame GFWL lol, Honestly though is this normal? I remember getting summoned so much that I was able to essentially farm bosses for souls and humanity before I even killed them in my own world, not so now.

I think the console is more active, but I'm pretty sure the matchmaking etc is just more or less broken on the PC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Try turning off the in-game v-sync and see if that removes that blur. That fixed it for me.

wilflare

Is there a 4pack for Mousecraft or is it Hammerwatch? Were they in any bundles? :/
Are they coming to Steam soon!

I sure hope Yatagarsu gets Greenlit. No promise of the Groupees bundle getting Steam keys when it does right?

Is there a fighting game on Indiegogo that may get greenlit? Someone was talking about it earlier...

Last question - if you have Dishonored + all DLCs and you get Dishonored GOTY... Does that mean Steam will recognize that you have 2 different games and 2 sets of DLC?

Is this opposites day?
The shitstorm that rose when the flashlight was separate from the guns at the time of the original release was epic, and it was the first thing that got modded in by users.

A matter of opinion? I'm not saying they shouldn't have a duct tape option. I'm saying there should be an option to play it like it was originally intended.

Try turning off the in-game v-sync and see if that removes that blur. That fixed it for me.

That worked, thanks!

MK9, KOF XIII, Skullgirls, Divekick, Yatagarasu

good_good.gif

Are you even able to play fighting games where you live? ie: is there enough players locally?

It blows my mind that rocksmith launched without external audio interface support, it's just some generic asio driver support, it's not like it would be hard. I think I've heard of a way to get it working but it was buggy/liable to fail. Hmm some quick googling turned up nothing, sorry. It's not worth it anyway, get some tabs put the song you'd like to jam out too on and play some air guitar. You'll learn more.

Turfster

A matter of opinion? I'm not saying they shouldn't have a duct tape option. I'm saying there should be an option to play it like it was originally intended.

Oh, I wasn't making fun of you or slagging you off or anything.
You're just the first person I've seen that has asked for something like that.
(Maybe I just haven't been paying attention)

Schtolteheim

Neo Member

Not bad, I got my dark boy by sheer luck (was highly overpowered and boss room adjacent). As for Mom's Contact, I managed to get it once in 97 hours, however, still missing a couple of items and since WotL, the game is kinda ruined for me.

Dingotech

Not bad, I got my dark boy by sheer luck (was highly overpowered and boss room adjacent). As for Mom's Contact, I managed to get it once in 97 hours, however, still missing a couple of items and since WotL, the game is kinda ruined for me.

For what it's worth there is a Binding of Isaac launcher you can download that lets you disable the WotL DLC when you boot the game.

I personally have been using it to make sure I clear and understand the base game before I move onto the DLC content.

maty

Grats man, Dark boy is probably the hardest achievement to get IMO.

My progression was Basement>Caves>Womb>Depths

Luckily I got it before the expansion, which I think made it a little harder to achieve.

I'm missing 1 item but still got Platinum since the coal counts as an extra item.

So good!!!

Salsa

Are you even able to play fighting games where you live? ie: is there enough players locally?

hell yeah bro

in most cases it doesnt matter if they're local or not

MK9 = only local cause netcode sucks
SFIV = countries nearby
Skullgirls/Any game with GGPO = pretty much anyone who has good internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom