- Unknown how this impacts buying GFWL games through, for example, Steam, but they should still work for now
- Unknown how this impacts ongoing server support, but they should still work for now (Halo 2 PC will run until at least early next year, at which point there will be updates)
- BioShock 2 is being updated with Minerva's Den for purchase on Steam, release date unknown. Arkham City and Arkham Asylum are also being updated to remove GFWL, so presumably their DLC will be for purchase on Steam.
- No more purchases will be possible through Xbox.com or with Microsoft Points.
- Redownloading purchased content is still available
As part of the upcoming Xbox 360 system update, Microsoft Points will be retired, and the Xbox.com PC marketplace will be closed as of August 22, 2013. We encourage you to spend your Microsoft Points balance prior to this change. Although you will not be able to purchase new games, you can continue to enjoy previously purchased content by downloading them through the Games for Windows LIVE client software as usual. More information is available here: http://support.xbox.com/pc/pc-marketplace-closing
Actual support link with FAQ:
What happens to the games and downloaded content that I purchased?
You can continue to enjoy previously purchased games and downloadable content in your catalog by downloading it through the Games for Windows Live client. Although the purchase functionality will be discontinued, the Games for Windows Live service will continue to operate as usual.
Can I purchase in-game downloadable content for my current Games for Windows Live games after Microsoft Points go away?
In-game purchases and other downloadable content purchase availability will vary based on the particular game. Please contact specific game publisher for more information.
Which games are going kaput?!
List of GFWL games that are disappearing with the market closure + list of GFWL games that would disappear if the activation servers went down: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=56
Will I be able to purchase Games for Windows Live games in other marketplaces now that Games for Windows Live titles are no longer available on Xbox.com?
Games for Windows Live titles published by Microsoft are no longer available for purchase from any marketplace. For other titles, please check directly with the title’s publishers.
List of non-GFWL games that are no longer available digitally after next week because their only digital POS is GFWL Marketplace: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=100