• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo 3 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stolen from another forum:

TeamXbox (taken back down, however)

Gameplay (9.7):
It’s definitely Halo, but that’s definitely a great thing. The campaign is hands-down the best in the series’ history, and the multiplayer is as addictive as ever. Our only knock is with the difficulty, which wasn’t quite as tough as we had hoped.

Graphics (9.5):
Aside from a few slowdown issues here and there, this is an excellent looking game in both the single- and multiplayer arenas. We particularly loved the HDR lighting, which is the best we’ve seen in a game to date

AUDIO (9.7):
Marty O’Donnell’s score is better than ever, perfect setting the tone for each of the levels while never being too overwhelming. The sound effects are stellar, too, as is the voice work (the battle chatter never gets old).

Longevity (10):
You finally have a reason to stop playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live, as this takes the cake as the most customizable multiplayer game of all time. Throw in Forge and you’ve got the makings of a true addiction.

Innovation (9.8):
From Forge to Saved Films to the Bungie.net integration, this game has something to wow everyone. Best of all, it’s only going to get better with time.

SCORE: 9.7

10 hours for a FPS, especially one with the replay value of halo is fine. This isn't an RPG where 40 hours are expected, guys. Plus multiplayer will be hundreds of hours after that for most of us.

Proelite

ari said:
AltogetherAndrews, stop stealth trolling this thread!!!! kthnks bye
No, he is entitled to his opinions on Halo 3, what reviews it should get, and how the graphics looks like, etc.

Jenga said:
Prove it. I'm pretty confident most people spent at least 10+ on HL2 from what I remember when it first came out.
HL2 on a recent play through lasted me about 8 hours according to steam. I have no doubt it was longer than that for the first one.

ari

Banned
Proelite said:
No, he is entitled to his opinions on Halo 3, what reviews it should get, and how the graphics looks like, etc.
:lol :lol

i know, but its so goddamn obvious.

Shoho

Banned
15 minutes.

Guys im scared. im shaking. I am cold.

it hurts all over my body. the reason why I got a 360 has come to this day. the reason why I started playing the early FPS like quake and doom and wolfie and dark forces and goldeneye... it was all because of this day. because of this game.

this game that will not only be the last significant game of all time. but also the game that will counter-attack and kill WoW and all the other "Omg online phenomenon". Red vs blue on this... its going to be... I cant write anymore. I cant. I have to hide under my desk.

I just cant. I just cant....

traveler

Not Wario
GreekWolf said:
No, OCD is when you have to jump over cracks on the sidewalk.

I saw Jack Nicholson do that.

As a person who is clinically diagnosed with OCD, none of these symptoms are necessarily common across all cases. Each person has their own, ah, quirks.

Zzoram

Proelite said:
Well, 9.5 for graphics can't be trusted since we all know the game is a jaggy low res POS. Teamxbox was paid off.

It looks pretty good to me. It helps that there aren't a lot of human faces, since that is usually the hardest thing to pull off in video games.

JB1981

8-10 hours is fine.

Don't have enough time to play all the games I want to play anyway. As long as the game has more memorable levels/shootouts/sequences than Gears.

Tieno

Shoho said:
15 minutes.

it hurts all over my body. the reason why I got a 360 has come to this day. the reason why I started playing the early FPS like quake and doom and wolfie and dark forces and goldeneye... it was all because of this day. because of this game.

You bought a 360 for reading Halo 3 reviews? You're creepy, calm down.

WHOAguitarninja said:
HL2 on a recent play through lasted me about 8 hours according to steam. I have no doubt it was longer than that for the first one.
my recent playthrough on Steam says 12.8 hours (on Hard), and while I think that must have been quite a few hours shorter than my first playthrough, it still felt pretty long to me, perhaps because the time a good game takes is pretty irrelevant provided you feel you've got your money's worth. I understand that there are people who will only play Halo 3's singleplayer, and will feel cheated if the game is only six hours long. but the endless speculation on gaming forums about how long games last -- and the wildly inaccurate reports people give of the time of their wildly different playthroughs -- frustrates me no end.

but then I'm a guy who got 40 hours out of Jade Empire on my first play. :lol

Shoho said:
15 minutes.

this game that will not only be the last significant game of all time. but also the game that will counter-attack and kill WoW and all the other "Omg online phenomenon". Red vs blue on this... its going to be... I cant write anymore. I cant. I have to hide under my desk.

Look if you hate the Halo franchise just come out and say it.

Shoho

Banned
Digital Limit said:
Apparently no one cares about TeamXbox, heh.

I got banned from TXBs forums. :(

They put me out in the cold...

THEY FREAKING BANNED ME? ME!!! ME!!! MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!:(

JB1981

Shoho said:
15 minutes.

wow

Odysseus

Banned
Shoho said:
15 minutes.

you. cold shower. now.

No_Style

Shoho said:
15 minutes.

It's official. I am freaked out.

adelante

Digital Limit said:
Stolen from another forum:

TeamXbox (taken back down, however)

Graphics (9.5):
Aside from a few slowdown issues here and there, this is an excellent looking game in both the single- and multiplayer arenas. We particularly loved the HDR lighting, which is the best we’ve seen in a game to date
If that review's the real deal, then i couldn't fuckin' agree more with that statement.

Yeah, if you don't like something, It's pretty useless to spend your time posting in a thread about it. Why not be positive? Go play something you like, be happy!

Greg

Shoho said:
15 minutes.

itchy.tasty?

Shoho said:
15 minutes.

The reason you bought a 360 was to read reviews for Halo 3?

edit: damn it Tieno!

ghostmind

Shoho said:
15 minutes.

Are you sure you don't have the flu? Some chicken soup should help...

Shoho said:
I got banned from TXBs forums. :(

They put me out in the cold...

THEY FREAKING BANNED ME? ME!!! ME!!! MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!:(

The gods have spared your soul, remain at the alter of GAF and your sins will be admonished.

Shoho said:
15 minutes.

I'm nervous, but damn just calm down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom