• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where did you buy your GTA V early? Post your stores and locations here.

Brawl96

Anyone want to PM me a location in the NYC/Brooklyn Area?
I know videogamesnewyork will sell it monday(they sold me killzone last week), but I want it NOW. DADDY!

Shady859

Cincinnati Ohio or Northern KY? I'll give you a Paypal tip if info is legit. Can pick up anytime tomorrow after 8am.

PM me please.

Squire

Banned
It's funny, because I just read a post on Joystiq about how Rockstar has opened an investigation into the early sales.

Here in London, I typed "Video Games" into Google maps near my tube station (west part of London, Piccadilly Line) and visited the first 3 stores yesterday. All 3 were willing to sell me a copy whenever their shipment came in, either Saturday or Monday. Got a call from one of the stores 30 minutes later, picked up a copy on Saturday no fuss no muss. My friend in the North East of London got lucky the first store he visted.

As an American who's been in London for less than 3 months so far, it was ridiculously easy. I don't know why anyone in the UK (or at least London) bothers to preorder online. My Amazon copy will be going back whenever it arrives.

Khalid-S

I found the game in a small shop in Dubai. Apparently the game is officially banned (cannot/will not be found in big retail stores).

This small shop employee told me that the game is banned and they dont sell it. When I walked out the shop, his co-worker followed me and told me to wait in my car, he will bring the game from his car. It was literally like selling drugs. Felt like a GTA mission
KuGsj.gif

BUOEyZTCMAAGuQJ.jpg-large.jpeg

Getting tons of stores in trouble. The thread.
First thing I thought of when I read the title. These stores do us a favor, lets keep Rockstar's ninjas off them.

Haha, companies have muuuuuch better means of doing this than a forum. Every time a game is scanned, that data gets reported, stored and can be tracked down in a matter of minutes. :p
Rockstar already 'corrected' GTA V's OT here. And, that's not how retail works, retailers numbers stay internal.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Both GamePlay locations (Long Beach and Los Angeles, CA) will be selling GTA V early tomorrow. If you want a copy head on down. They got their shipment already but they don't want to sell it more than a day early.

Also, I don't understand why everybody here thinks sharing locations that will sell the game early is one of the 7 deadly sins. Support your local small businesses, that is all.

If you want to support them, don't snitch them out then

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I found the game in a small shop in Dubai. Apparently the game is officially banned (cannot/will not be found in big retail stores).

This small shop employee told me that the game is banned and they dont sell it. When I walked out the shop, his co-worker followed me and told me to wait in my car, he will bring the game from his car. It was literally like selling drugs. Felt like a GTA mission
KuGsj.gif

That's actually pretty damn awesome. Hahaha

KuGsj.gif

Awesome story! That must've put you in the mood for some GTA even more ;]

Tankallex

Banned

KuGsj.gif

That's awesome.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
You sound like Microsoft, OP.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Welp, let's shut this down. Everyone's made the same post 70 times already, accusing one of GAF's oldest of such heinous things.

:'(

PFD

KuGsj.gif

How much did you pay?

GrayGrey

Neo Member

KuGsj.gif

Breaking the law to break the law
NIce :D

Vee_One

Haha, companies have muuuuuch better means of doing this than a forum. Every time a game is scanned, that data gets reported, stored and can be tracked down in a matter of minutes. :p

"Mr. Vice President! Someone bought a copy of your book!"
"This calls for a celebration"
"Celebrate good times come on!"
"I will, I will celebrate"

LNBL

KuGsj.gif

It has Dutch text in that white box at the bottom.

Spy

I paid $120 to get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 six days early for PS3.

I regret nothing.

bitoriginal

KuGsj.gif

Not sure if that's a legit copy. There's no green webbing in the V.

Avixph

Does anyone know if someone is selling in the Bronx, NY because the person I Recently called doesn't have anymore PS3 versions? If anyone does please PM me.

kuppy

KuGsj.gif

http://cl.ly/image/1g1L0b0C1b2F/BUOEyZTCMAAGuQJ.jpg-large.jpeg[*IMG][/QUOTE]
lmao, thanks for that story

[quote="Khalid-S, post: 82008609"]Yeah I think someone shipped it to them from Netherlands or something[/QUOTE]
just perfect

Madness

No offense OP, but the stores that sold them will get into a lot of trouble, and the ones that break street date are usually mom/pop local shops that need the sales before the behemoth brick and mortars go on sale. And they usually sell under the promise that you won't really blab.

I'm pretty sure someone from Rockstar will definitely read this and investigate these stores.

And no I don't accuse you of anything.

Top Bottom