• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: 2 demos coming sept.19th & sept.21st! (LIVE STREAM)

So maybe next one is infiltrating the same Camp Omega but in daylight?

“On Sat, I’ll do presentation of subOPS where u infiltrate the base camp in the late afternoon setting besides Mission GZ.”

subOPS? So presumably like PW's extra ops? Non-story missions based in the same environments.

TeamPS4. Higher resolution textures running at ~60fps..not possible on PS3.

You could see that from the video stream?

Batzi

Banned
subOPS? So presumably like PW's extra ops? Non-story missions based in the same environments.

You could see that from the video stream?

Look at the ground and rain effect on it and the lighting. PS3 can't pull that off and specially not at 60fps. The only thing about this demo that looked current gen was the hair which is a problem in every Metal Gear game.

Any direct graphical comparisons yet?

Gameplay will be uploaded tomorrow? I think? For now though, this is the best i could do. Granted the game has a 24 hour system with weather. But still, the tgs version looks a little better than last years.

rAhL9SC.png

k7vUbNg.png

0BukCGr.png

P1fHCVr.png

6YChOTE.png

SjjlhPw.png

5laVbHe.png

UTN1bK5.png

g5WBFNG.png

fTzndha.png

fMAuBpa.png

M9Ak6E3.png

These are just the tgs version.
nTf2UkU.png

X4k76dr.png

LXOErqC.png

94R25H4.png

synce

Took some comparison shots. First one is from earlier PS3 demo, second one is from PS4 demo.

Edit: Ninja'd :p

1. Better lighting on Chico
38dGfEe.jpg

KbQqF3D.jpg

2. Better textures on helmet
l0VhP6T.jpg

EVkXEne.jpg

3. No tessellation on either version...
AH5wuiy.jpg

5J2FyXY.jpg

4. Added breath effect
w82Ax5Z.jpg

Qh4h4m0.jpg

5. Better draw distance, but Snake still floating...
ubGH81Q.jpg

emY6BHG.jpg

6. Same crappy grass
WqmljeF.jpg

nr9bfaM.jpg

Took some comparison shots. First one is from earlier PS3 demo, second one is from PS4 demo.

Edit: Ninja'd :p

nice lol. Shame about the tessellation though. Maybe it is too performance heavy? Kojima should research opensubdiv, it could make for a drastic difference.

The_Monk

this is the best quality so far:

http://www.gamespot.com/tgs/new-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-footage-6414685/

The better the quality gets the better the gameplay looks! BTW the game has improved over last year's presentation at PAX.

Thank you very much for the link kind fellow GAFfer!

Watching it now and it's amazing the detail they are putting in this game, the wind and the rain look amazing. I can't wait to see more of it and have this game in my hands.

It's one of those games that, you need to put your Backlog on hold -considering you have one- and just take your time, enjoy the game, explore all the little things and have great fun. The audio seems nice too but it's hard to tell because it's a showroom. I can already see many hours spent in this game and now I'm hungry for more. Wonder if they are making a nice Collector's Edition. I said I would not be getting more of those but I'll make an exception for this game.

The_Monk

Now I wish I could have some of those FOX Badges. Or even a Black T-shirt like the Kojima have but, winter is coming so jut the Badge would be neat to have.

I figure the PS4 version must look better in animation, because those screengrabs make it look as if the game has fucked up lighting.

I figure the PS4 version must look better in animation, because those screengrabs make it look as if the game has fucked up lighting.

Lighting is actually much much better. What you're seeing is a pinkish hue from the gamespot version because it is off screen. That is a camera issue on their end.

Mr. RHC

So Snake has Monomania 3? Can't wait to see the next MGO

"LOL, Lag LS MAO Fred gid gud nub!"

Yea, looks like SOP and everything is back, MGO should be good, can't wait when the show it for the first time and it looks a lot like MGO2, the players will go nuts! haha

"LOL, Lag LS MAO Fred gid gud nub!"

Yea, looks like SOP and everything is back, MGO should be good, can't wait when the show it for the first time and it looks a lot like MGO2, the players will go nuts! haha

I certainly will go nuts. I should really invest in a new pack of clean undies before they reveal the next MGO.

Ground Zeroes looks awesome, I love traditional MGS, but I like that it's got lots of new features. The slow-mo alert thing kinda bothers me, but it's Kojima so I'm sure it'll be implemented well. Anyone know if/when some direct feed footage of this demo will be uploaded to the web?

Knight77

So today I was watching a gameplay video of watchdogs and I realized that elements were similar to MGSV: icons above the heads of the enemies, bullet time when discovered, open world etc..
In the past it was Kojima leading with innovations now looks like he is following.. :-(

RangerBAD

I don't know if I should post it here, but I watched the TGS MGSVPP trailer (which is just the E3 trailer minus some things and in Japanese), but when all those African children are in that cage, trying to give Big Boss blood diamonds, they seem to back off and it looks like Big Boss is going to shoot them. Probably everyone noticed that before, but I just now noticed that. I guess "Fallen Legend" and "Demon" alludes to a darker behavior from Big Boss which is obvious, but I didn't expect killing defenseless emaciated children was part of that.

I don't know if I should post it here, but I watched the TGS MGSVPP trailer (which is just the E3 trailer minus some things and in Japanese), but when all those African children are in that cage, trying to give Big Boss blood diamonds, they seem to back off and it looks like Big Boss is going to shoot them. Probably everyone noticed that before, but I just now noticed that. I guess "Fallen Legend" and "Demon" alludes to a darker behavior from Big Boss which is obvious, but I didn't expect killing defenseless emaciated children was part of that.

He's shooting at the locks to free the children!
and recruit them into MSF

Zen

Banned

Why would he have fired a full burst.

Those kids are the same ones scene earlier in the trailer being taught how to shoot Ak 47s, so either he uses child soldiers or he kills them as retribution for something.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I like what I saw gameplay-wise.

Some things remain clunk though. Like how the spot lights point up when you kill a guard using one, it looks very gamey and is weird how the other guards aren't bothered by this. When using the spotlight they should also look at you if you put it at them, if you fool around they might become suspicious.

RangerBAD

I like what I saw gameplay-wise.

Some things remain clunk though. Like how the spot lights point up when you kill a guard using one, it looks very gamey and is weird how the other guards aren't bothered by this. When using the spotlight they should also look at you if you put it at them, if you fool around they might become suspicious.

But in counter I liked the nice detail when one of the soldiers got caught in the light and covered his eyes.

Does anyone else still feel this is going to be one game? The events of GZ seem very short and it seems a larger chunk of focus is going to TPP. I mean, you go to pick up Chico then you head back and the trailer suggests that Mother Base gets attacked at that time. Big Boss gets back and is injured in the fight, as is Kaz, and then the events of TPP seem to start.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
The stream was kinda dark, so I imagine the changes will not be as pronounced due to the lower darks.

Top Bottom