• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

shandy706

yes amazing. I'd never - ever see them patches of yellow flowers if it wasn't for this guy :D

Wow...I've missed that too.

Watching that just shows that what "looks" like just textures and flat areas in Forza 5 at full speed is in fact INSANELY detailed. The grass areas are covered in grass. There are tons of bushes between the trees and draping over railings....and of course. A field full of yellow flowers that are just a blur when racing.

Still a slight blur in this image (partially the game...partially youtube compression), but you can see them.

40e3.jpg

shandy706

Incorrect tiling value. . Easily fixable if they realize.

Looks like there are some glitches. If they didn't noticed it will be pointed out/fixed quickly most likely.

The driver is also in the car for some reason.

Another glitch...or a new feature? Hmmmmm

Looks purty as always.

yeah, i don't know how they didn't...

but i wonder what's going on with the game, it seems to be falling apart as the release date gets closer :)

I wouldn't say that. I'd think it's more in line with them showing unfinished assets that we ALL have been asking for. They may have churned out every car image and reveal weeks ago. It's just a matter of their website guy posting them according to plan.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I think the reflections are a tiny bit over-stylised, the atmospshere, environments as well.

Too much polishing, perfect detail in every spot.

I think they are trying to make the game look cool, and some of it is also to please pixel detectives and graphic whores. What you end up with is this ultra attempt at realism that ends up looking too perfect, alas fake.

i honestly believe its to set the "forza look" to help distinguish it as a brand and separate it from GT.

Mascot

Cars in homespace. That caught me by surprise.

How the hell does that 599 tyre glitch get shown in an official reveal image? It's so bloody obvious. Does nobody even look at these pics before they are posted? Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

And BIDNAT, if you are lurking - where are these tracks you owe us?

Xanadu

Banned
so the 22b was announced but no picture, makes me think it hasnt been remodelled..if thats the case then that will be hilarious

shandy706

One mod on the Forza 5 forums was talking about a "broken NDA" link.

Anyone have a clue what he might mean?

Was it just a link to the stuff we already got?

He even deleted my post...which had an image linked from Turn 10's own news page...so that just confused me.

lil smoke

Banned
i honestly believe its to set the "forza look" to help distinguish it as a brand and separate it from GT.
I kinda agree. Forza has tended towards a bit more 'graphic' in appearance and color, while GT has (tried to) maintain a serious clinical photographic look. Even with the presentation of menus.

Nothing wrong with either. I like the look/concept of both games.

adelante

so the 22b was announced but no picture, makes me think it hasnt been remodelled..if thats the case then that will be hilarious

There's.....hope? heh from the reddit ama:

cockpit view was beautiful as well, as we've come to expect from the series. Since all the cars have been redone for the new lighting engine, a lot of inaccuracies have been corrected (ie. the plastic headlamp covers on the 22B are now glass, as it is in real life).

eso76

I'm scrolling down, expecting the guy to say "and then my daughter woke me up," any minute now.

Lol, sorry I did that to you guys :)

Anyway, sounds rather fishy.
On one hand I'm sure a Forza fan would instantly check the # of tracks and remember what he saw.
OTOH, he goes rather in depth with some of the details.

Lol, sorry I did that to you guys :)

Anyway, sounds rather fishy.
On one hand I'm sure a Forza fan would instantly check the # of tracks and remember what he saw.
OTOH, he goes rather in depth with some of the details.

They have done stuff like this in the past, bringing in Forza players to put the game through the paces.

Mascot

Can anyone be arsed to post a summary of the reddit guff?

Some interesting things in there, if true. Some disappointments as well (eg no Fuji).

p3tran

Banned
Can anyone be arsed to post a summary of the reddit guff?

Some interesting things in there, if true. Some disappointments as well (eg no Fuji).
better physics, and less forgiving.
career is comprised of leagues, leagues are comprised of championship series, series have a number of races. all series are introduced by the topear guys, guy on reddit says this part is excellent and sups up the career mode.
when you leave the track, instead of slowdown you now have loss of control.
dude checked against cars that he usually drove in f4, and he thought all where improved.
upgrades are the same, but you get your performance benchmarks realtime while you do the upgrades now.
he did not get to check the editor because there was no livery editor in the build he tried.

Mascot

career is comprised of leagues, leagues are comprised of championship series, series have a number of races. all series are introduced by the topear guys, guy on reddit says this part is excellent and sups up the career mode.
dude checked against cars that he usually drove in f4, and he thought all where improved.
upgrades are the same, but you get your performance benchmarks realtime while you do the upgrades now.
he did not get to check the editor because there was no livery editor in the build he tried.

Thanks. Also, didn't he think AI was ridiculously easy, even on the hardest setting, but might improve as Drivatar gets used more?

p3tran

Banned
Thanks. Also, didn't he think AI was ridiculously easy, even on the hardest setting, but might improve as Drivatar gets used more?

from what I understand, drivatar will indeed provide some decent AI challenge.
so I wouldnt worry about that. like i dont worry that he found no livery editor in the build he was let in ;)

Mascot

from what I understand, drivatar will indeed provide some decent AI challenge.
so I wouldnt worry about that. like i dont worry that he found no livery editor in the build he was let in ;)

See, I do worry about it. FM4 had "adaptive AI" in World Tour mode which was supposed to constantly adapt to your driving skill and always provide a good challenge. Did it FUCK. It was broken from day one, set to perma-easy and never fixed.
I'll believe Drivatar when I see it working, especially considering the launch-day rush. Wendl said at E3 2011 that FM4 was all but finished and would be polished and refined between June and release day, yet it still launched with bugs and glitches. My days of believing Turn 10 PR are way behind me. Fool me once... can't get fooled again.

I hope my concerns are misplaced.

p3tran

Banned
See, I do worry about it. FM4 had "adaptive AI" in World Tour mode which was supposed to constantly adapt to your driving skill and always provide a good challenge. Did it FUCK. It was broken from day one, set to perma-easy and never fixed.
I'll believe Drivatar when I see it working, especially considering the launch-day rush. Wendl said at E3 2011 that FM4 was all but finished and would be polished and refined between June and release day, yet it still launched with bugs and glitches. My days of believing Turn 10 PR are way behind me. Fool me once... can't get fooled again.

I hope my concerns are misplaced.

we will see. I think first time we will be able to judge them, is when we load the first batch of them from the servers.
I do believe though that this driving data collection and crunching in servers outside the system will work out better than having to do ai on the same box and at the same time you have to do graphics and physics and sound with it.

and if they manage to pull to a decent degree the thing where my trained ai pops in my friend's career (with my car for that class?) and beats his ass, then that I would call groundbreaking :D

How do we know that guy is legit?
we dont.

eso76

Also
Amazing graphics for car showroom / need side by side comparison to see improvements in game.
Too little tire smoke.
Fujimi kaido wasn't there, tsukuba wasn't there, Monza wasn't there.
Yas marina and long beach are in. Possibly more new ones but he can't remember/didn't think it was 'big'.
Nurburgring now has a GP + nordschleife connected (like pgr4's behemoth). Updated ? No idea.
Ariel atom. Several new cars. Not sure how many.

For some reason no one thought of asking how many cars on track.
For some reason no one asked about positano (doubt it made it anyway: I think long tracks and tracks with complex assets would have required too much work to update).
No one asked about pitstops.

Physics sound much less forgiving.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I wonder if they made the Nurburgring tracks actually match or just taped them together.

They were pretty different tracks in FM4. Bright blue skies and green grass in the GP track, overcast and dull in the Nordschleife.

Quite scary how bloody fantastic the lighting still looks in PGR4. Puts even FM5 to shame. So natural!

The replay cameras are fantastic too.

The lighting looks good, but I wouldn't say that video puts Forza 5's lighting to shame. Now, some of the original PGR4 footage with the car driving in the rain. Now that could probably give anything a run for its money.

Mascot

The lighting looks good, but I wouldn't say that video puts Forza 5's lighting to shame. Now, some of the original PGR4 footage with the car driving in the rain. Now that could probably give anything a run for its money.
Yes I wasn't necessarily talking about that video. I was talking about the whole game.

p3tran

Banned
as good as pgr was -best arcade closed circuit racing- still there is a looong way for it to go before being compared to forza.
forza does so many more things on cars than lighting or rain, its not even comparable as a car game
( cue my saudi friend for example: http://youtubedoubler.com/asxA )

TJP

Quite scary how bloody fantastic the lighting still looks in PGR4. Puts even FM5 to shame. So natural!

The replay cameras are fantastic too.
It kills me that we'll never see another Bizarre Creations made PGR or any other BC made game.

The proposed track list for FM5 is shaping up really nicely.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Silverstone itself looks good but a car on Silverstone doesn't look right as seen in the RS200 screenshot.

That Audi RS4 screenshot is definitely the most impressive to date and I think the Ferrari screenshot from this weeks reveal is from an older build or something.

Yeah you're right there, the car stood out like a sore thumb but it's never been hard to take a shitty photo in Forza, that and there's still work to be done.

Watching some of the long shots on the Top Gear track shows T10 can do realistic tones pretty well, even if it's a fluke.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that AMA sounds good. positano better be in though. someone ask. please. i cant stand to go back to fm3 and it will be harder once 5 and x1 hit i'm sure.

EDIT: ok, i did. car count on track, variable time of day, and camino as well.

Top Bottom