• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
re' day 1 dlc - why the fucking confusion? surely helios or someone else monitors what is being said online, why not clear up the confusion? i fucking hate being left in the dark.

commedieu

Banned

Thats an absurd price for a wheel without a clutch, thats an absurd price for a Madcatz product. That would literally be the most expensive product they've ever created. My mind is literally not accepting me to believe that the price is accurate, will have to wait for another retailer. It can't be 400ca/$380.

Is this the only wheel for the Xbox One? If so, thats even more irritating as a consumer in general.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
re' day 1 dlc - why the fucking confusion? surely helios or someone else monitors what is being said online, why not clear up the confusion? i fucking hate being left in the dark.

Helios hasn't posted in two weeks but he still visits. :(

Maybe it's something we said.

Is this the only wheel for the Xbox One? If so, thats even more irritating as a consumer in general.

There's another wheel, the Thrustmaster that's coming in around £350/$399.

It too has no clutch but looks to be a better wheel, goodness knows what's going on with the Madcatz price, it must be wrong.

Hadn't considered there being anything wrong with Helios.

Hope everything is ok.

Helios comes and goes, dealing with us rubes as he sees fit. His current absence is merely the calm before next week's storm, right?

We also haven't seen or heard from Jube around these parts for what seems like forever. A class act, that guy, and a great painter to boot.

faberpach

This day one content update stuff is really bothering me... Why the hell would you not clarify it one week previous launch?

Are they still trying to decide what can they sell and rip us? for me it is quite clear now that they axed the day 1 content and decided to go with less content and hope dlc works....

but then those rumors or forums posts put my hopes up...

Hawk269

This day one content update stuff is really bothering me... Why the hell would you not clarify it one week previous launch?

Are they still trying to decide what can they sell and rip us? for me it is quite clear now that they axed the day 1 content and decided to go with less content and hope dlc works....

but then those rumors or forums posts put my hopes up...

I agree. For a while they said that there will be a Day 1 update because not all the content will be done by the time the game needs to be sent to processing. I even asked Helios if Going Gold would be announced and he said "good question" because of the Day 1 content patch.

I just want to know for sure. 12 tracks (I don't count the test tracks) is no where near enough, even with variants/reverse. If the Content patch adds 4 more environments that would be good for me.

New peripherals just for the sake of releasing new ones pisses me right the fuck off.

Forza and KI are two games I'd want to play an enjoy to their maximum potential. To me that means a good wheel an a good arcade stick, respectively. I already own a good wheel and a few good arcade sticks, but for some reason MS has decided that they must be incompatible...just because.

It's frustrating as all hell. It's an extra $500 tax to play the 2 games I want to play the way they're meant to be played. I'm beside myself.

HokieJoe

Erm...that IS the case.
Pedals broke, Fanatec sent a replacement which stopped working properly after 2 months, at which point i was considering upgrading to clubsport pedals, but thought next gen was right behind the corner (this happened in Jan 2012) and thought i'd rather wait to see if my wheel would be compatible with the next xbox before investing more money on it.

Ooof. Sorry to hear about the pedals. Hopefully a fix is in the works for Fanatec wheel compatibility of some sort. It seems hard to believe that MS would kick them to the curb after Fanatec was basically the only quality-minded manufacturer to build an Xbox 360 wheel. I was never satisfied with my 360 wheel. It was better than rumble wheels, but...MS really needs to get their heads out their asses on the wheel issue. Hopefully it's improved with the XB1, but the backwards compatibility issue is unacceptable IMO.

eso76

they are still on the fence.
They have one week to decide depending on how outraged we are at the lack of tracks.

If we are really, really really mad at T10, they'll have to give us the tracks for free day one.

If we are outraged but not quite to the point of boycotting the series, they'll charge for the ring and long beach :p

HokieJoe

There's another wheel, the Thrustmaster that's coming in around £350/$399.

It too has no clutch but looks to be a better wheel, goodness knows what's going on with the Madcatz price, it must be wrong.

Hadn't considered there being anything wrong with Helios.

Hope everything is ok.

I've never been impressed with Madcatz peripherals, so they have a lot to prove IMO.

HokieJoe

To follow on with the wheel issue. I don't really care about an H-gated shifter. Just give me paddles and/or a sequential shifter and I'm good. But that's just me.

Shaneus

14 environments. 400 races to earn medals in. 200 cars. 8 classes?
Means you'll likely race in each environment 28 times and in each class 25 times. So there's roughly one race for each class for each of those iterations... and that's not even different racing types (like cone challenges, one-on-one etc.).

I don't think that's at all a worthwhile statistic for this thread, just interesting.

saladine1

Helios hasn't posted in two weeks but he still visits. :(

Maybe it's something we said.

Turn 10 are probably keeping Helios on a leash before next week.
In the mean time, I'm hoping they are sorting out a few issues with regards to content.

Anyway, isn't OT supposed to be up soon?
It would've been nice if all features and content were known so a complete and faithful thread could be posted.
I'd imagine a lot of people are confused and in the dark at the moment...

I've never been impressed with Madcatz peripherals, so they have a lot to prove IMO.

Only Madcatz thing I ever bought was the fightstick and it broke within a few weeks.

To follow on with the wheel issue. I don't really care about an H-gated shifter. Just give me paddles and/or a sequential shifter and I'm good. But that's just me.

Love using them, Never driven a car without one. I do like the way in a few PC sims you have to use a h shifter or sequential/paddles depending in the car, don't see why it isn't an option in console games.

In the mean time, I'm hoping they are sorting out a few issues with regards to content.

It would've been nice if all features and content were known so a complete and faithful thread could be posted.

There's never a reason, as someone who works on a product, to wade into a discussion when there is a very fine line of 'I can say this, I can't say this'. Especially when you can provide a lot more insight as to why an unpopular decision was made. Even saying things that you think would make people happier, many times makes them even more upset because you don't quite see things from their perspective, nor do you have the entire set of inputs that went into making a decision. As a result, people like Helios (I'm projecting) would rather not potentially do something very stupid (Adam Orth), so they wade around and listen and read the perspective of their customers/forum-mates.

You can only be a better developer by listening to customer feedback and perspective. Understanding why people decide what they decide, or in what they place value, helps you fight for certain things in the future (if you have the weight to push).

Xanadu

Banned

has he ever been off the leash?

dejay

Banned
Forza Motorsport 5 [OT] Your guess is as good as ours

I'm guessing there may be a couple of reasons for the current lack of announcements.

1 - They're assessing the reactions to the content already announced and deciding on what's going to release as free DLC. Money vs good will. Here's a hint MS - people who don't buy the game aren't going to buy DLC.
2 - MS is waiting for the PS4 hysteria to die down somewhat and want to fire off some shots in the coming week.
3 - Geoff Keighley's out of Doritos after the Sony event and has to resupply.

All three are as equally likely as the next.

saladine1

BADNED posing for Forza Motorsport shirt

0e54b299-db45-49da-a234-b0bab3de5143.jpg

Strange place to ask but does the Xbox One crush the black levels like the 360 did?

I have one display preset for Forza 3, one for Forza 4 and a last one for everything else, it'd be nice to not have to mess around with brightness, contrast and gamma again.

Mascot

So: people who invested large sums on high-end wheel set-ups for Xbox 360 not only now have redundant hardware, they also have no options to purchase replacements of equivalent quality and function?

Everybody has to spend more money to downgrade?

That is utterly disgraceful.

The immediate urge to buy a new wheel for FM5 must be strong (who the hell wants to play it with a bloody joypad?) but if I was getting an Xbone I'd do everything in my power to cool my jets and see what options appear a few months down the line.

jbug617

Banned
MS sent me another code. This time it's for 2011 McLaren Forza Motorsport 12C with special livery and tuning. First to quote I'll pm you the code later on today

Shaneus

Forza 5 |OT| Fanatec-al Forza Fans Need Only Apply

MS sent me another code. This time it's for 2011 McLaren Forza Motorsport 12C with special livery and tuning. First to quote I'll pm you the code later on today
Is that for FM5 or something else?

jbug617

Banned
Forza 5 |OT| Fanatec-al Forza Fans Need Only Apply
Is that for FM5 or something else?

Yes it's Forza 5. Remember how they gave away free Killer Instinct, I think they also gave away free Forza 5 DLC. This is the 2nd one I have received (the first was a Audi). You can redeem starting November 22nd.

I'll send you a PM with the code right now.

derFeef

I'll still hold on to my recommended title:

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Xanadu and Mascot ain't buying it. Really.

Don't take this too serious you two, I still like you guys

p3tran

Banned
no, he's right! I want my nurburgring announcement ladies and gentlemen..
my game also feels kind of broken without them news....

:)

so do it! ongoing reveals thread etc.. also, while you are at it t10, how about giving us also a date for forza horizon 2? I heard that Ultima pulled down your pants and disclosed that they signed for participation in your 2014 release, forza horizon 2. dat true or what? :ppP

Top Bottom