• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official (WW) Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Reunions, Forgiveness and Love

Mikazuki

Army death height crane group location world
gray_fox224 said:
Tomorrow fellas. Let's all relax now.

Tomorrow's not good enough. I gotta work then go to the gym. I've been to 8 stores today. The search was fun but nothing. Luckily the Game Crazy near me that I pre-ordered at says they'll have it in 2-3 hours. :)

TJ Spyke

Mikazuki said:
Tomorrow's not good enough. I gotta work then go to the gym. I've been to 8 stores today. The search was fun but nothing. Luckily the Game Crazy near me that I pre-ordered at says they'll have it in 2-3 hours. :)

Er, why didn't you just CALL the stores?

Dartastic

Goddamn this game is good. I did something pretty funny earlier though. You know that level where you fight
the lava octopus?
Well, I was experimenting with gravity, jumped all the way to the top where the boss is, and landed
in the lava, resulting in my death.
OOPS. :lol

Evlar

Banned
Superblatt said:
You laugh at my misfortune? How dare you! How dare you sir!
Not laughing so much at misfortune as I am the mental image of everyone madly dashing around town, running through aisles and badgering clerks looking for the game. Like Arnold and Sinbad in that one horrible Christmas movie, the one where they fight over Turbo-Man.

I'll probably do the same when I get off work. :(

Dartastic said:
Goddamn this game is good. I did something pretty funny earlier though. You know that level where you fight
the lava octopus?
Well, I was experimenting with gravity, jumped all the way to the top where the boss is, and landed
in the lava, resulting in my death.
OOPS. :lol

The most AWESOME thing to do is get on a small planetoid and long jump.
The second most awesome thing is to skate on lava. I wanted more of that!

[Nintex]

Asked at some dutch shops today but no luck so far. One of the retailers told me to come back tommorow though, it's either in their weekly delivery(tommorow) or through the mail. If it's the latter I need to wait till wednesday or friday.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Just got my copy.

Work be damned, I'm playing this RIGHT NOW.

Wow, long cutscene for the intro. :lol

Penguin

Juwanna Peezadis said:
The most AWESOME thing to do is get on a small planetoid and long jump.
The second most awesome thing is to skate on lava. I wanted more of that!
The floating toad houses are the best. I got a full rotation and a half around it. Would have probably got more but the star sling pulls you in pretty quick.

Also, my favorite thing to do cuz it creates such an effect is use star mario in the star sling. The rainbow shadows are awesome

Raw64life

Not to laugh at other people's misfortunes, but being from an area where games NEVER arrive on the actual ship date, it makes it that much more awesome that I got to snag this game early.

31 stars in and there really isn't anything I can say that hasn't already been said. If you have to build your own Wii you should do it just to play this game.

Penguin

Now how is everyone playing this?
Do you get all the Stars in one area or try out the new Galaxies and stuff as they open up?

Cuz I finish them all so by the time move on to next pretty much everything is open.

Well if any of you are in NWArkansas , namely fayetteville, Circuit City has the game for sale though it isn't on the shelves. I just got back with the little bundle of happy a moment ago.

Now to sit through 6 more hours of work.

gray_fox224

Penguin said:
Now how is everyone playing this?
Do you get all the Stars in one area or try out the new Galaxies and stuff as they open up?

Cuz I finish them all so by the time move on to next pretty much everything is open.

I think thats how I'll play it. I can't go onto to another area with completing ever nook and cranny.

laserbeam

Banned
This game is Pure Gaming Heaven. Wasnt this excited for a game in ages and man has it lived up to its hype. The little I have done so far has been amazing and i tried to pity party my wife into letting me keep playing but she said it was tv time :(

i live in the sticks where you have to wait a day or two but this is confirmed for tomarrow afternoon. cannot fucking wait

and what tops it off is i managed to not spoil any of it for myself. okay, maybe a little. but yknow

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
The Nintendo magic is all up in your face here.

Very polished and seems pretty fun so far.

This game actually reminds me that I have to finish Zelda: TP. :lol

I don't have time to look through the thread, but in case anyone is in the St. Paul, MN area.

The Walmart in St. Paul, MN on Hamline/University Ave. has about a dozen copies left. They weren't in the case yet when I was there so you might have to ask at the cash register.

Now I'm off to play. :D

TJ Spyke

Tyrone Slothrop said:
i live in the sticks where you have to wait a day or two but this is confirmed for tomarrow afternoon. cannot fucking wait

and what tops it off is i managed to not spoil any of it for myself. okay, maybe a little. but yknow

Same here, I have looked at the PR photos released by Nintendo, but have ignnored any actual info since I wnt to go in fresh.

Penguin

Holy Order Sol said:
The enthusiasm in this thread is already enough to put a smile on my face.
What is going to happen to me when I finally get to play the game ? :lol

Hate to sound cliche
But you will say
Wow

JSnake

Do you guys want to see my review when it goes up on the site I write for tomorrow? Just want to make sure so I don't end up wasting five seconds to c&p the link here and then no one gives a shit.

laserbeam

Banned
I cannot stress enough if you have Gamecrazy near you call them. They all seem to be on the ball and did Same Day shipping so they could get it today.

They advertised the 12th they'd sell it and they mean they will put it in your hand unlike these other places. Poor guy in gamestop seemed depressed when I told him I wanted my money back and couldn't believe a store had it already.

Suspect after work hes heading there though he asked me the location etc

JSnake said:
Do you guys want to see my review when it goes up on the site I write for tomorrow? Just want to make sure so I don't end up wasting five seconds to c&p the link here and then no one gives a shit.

recommend you put it in the Review thread. but yes please do plenty will want to see

iyox

Superblatt said:
Chicago? Anyone? I don't want to have to drive around like crazy tonight!

I've called all over and nothing doing. I am stuck in the loop at my office and it doesn't look like I will be playing SMG until tomorrow night. Hopefully BB actually has it tomorrow.

gwiz210

I know a lot of you are mad that you didn't get it today, so heres a pic of my dog with the Photo Channel glasses
8eiiqs6.jpg

Definity

DAMN!

I go to circuit city and walk up to the counter. I tell the clerk I want a copy of SMG. He looks for it out on the floor and comes up empty handed. He then goes to the back and comes back with a giant stack of SMG. I'm like, hell yeah, I get my Mario on tonight. Dude, scans the game and it's in the system!

Then out of nowhere the department manager crushed my hopes. He tells the associate we can't sell the game until tomorrow. I told him on the circuit city website the release date is 11/12. He looks, and tells me yup, that's when you can order it online. Needless to say I almost made the national news before I left the store! :lol

WTF!

In summary - no Mario for me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This game might just be too good.

The level of creativity and yet how familiar/intuitive it is... I can't describe this feeling. This is very intense. I'm just not used to games being this good.

It's like a galaxy... of excitement!

JSnake

Dice said:
This game might just be too good.

The level of creativity and yet how familiar/intuitive it is... I can't describe this feeling. This is very intense. I'm just not used to games being this good.

It's like a galaxy... of excitement!

I almost used that last line in my review. :lol

Clouseau

Got mine this afternoon from Walmart. I'm 12 stars in now and I can feel the difficulty slowly starting to ramp up little by little; especially in the small one star "bonus" galaxies. Awesome game!

Amir0x

Banned
28 stars in so far. Game is even BETTER than my initial kiosk playtime had hinted at.

GOTY? My personal potential GOTG up until now.

Playing a game as finely tuned as this reminds me of how awful the controls are for most other games. How the fuck does Nintendo do it.

Johnas

I really like my GS manager, and have gotten to know him somewhat over the past two years or so, and he told me it didn't make it to the store today. I guess I believe him, but I've got a basketball game I can go to tonight, so it's not a huge deal I didn't get it today.

But tomorrow I have the day off, so :D

chespace said:
The Nintendo magic is all up in your face here.

Very polished and seems pretty fun so far.

This game actually reminds me that I have to finish Zelda: TP. :lol

LOL maybe I should open Zelda TP! I've had my Wii since launch and rarely play it. my 360 gets most of my time. Especially with AC and ME coming out!

Top Bottom