• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF mentioned in last XBN issue, including GAF quotes

Joe

yeah i read that last night :lol

i was just scanning through and it caught my eye, and i did a double take.

and i'd say its more than a mention, thats some nice publicity.

border

Sounds pretty cool of them. I wish I had said something complimentary and inspiring so I could have a couple moments of fame ;)

Did GMR do anything special for their last issue?

skip

border said:
Sounds pretty cool of them. I wish I had said something complimentary and inspiring so I could have a couple moments of fame ;)

we didn't have enough time, most of our sections were done when we found out the news. all we could do was a farewell staff page.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Here it is, delete this post if it's not acceptable. Thannks to Demi for the pic

xbnasskiss6ml.jpg

:) I'm sure the higher ups at Ziff really appreciate XBN editors telling their fanbase that they hang out at the gaming-age forums, rather than the ofificially sanctioned 1up.com forums. I don't blame them, I just find it funny. And while it's been said a thousand times by now: best of luck to all layed off editors. Hopefully, EGM, OPM, and CGW (to a lesser degree) will pick you guys up so their mags will improve, and something positive will come of this situation.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
a big "F*** YOU" to che and crew for not putting in any of my quotes.

:p

Sullichin

I saw Hitler Stole my Potato, and I thought, "where do I know that from". Then I saw Wario64's name and the gaming-age.com plug.

I find it ironic since it's a GAF thread that got me this magazine for free. :lol

shuri

Banned
So guys, how many of you actually paid for the mag and didnt use those free subscription things? :lol

edit: ack! damn you Sullichin

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Well, now that it's public knowledge, I guess I can say that Milky and I have joined 1UP.COM. Dun dun dun !

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The cover on the last XBN issue is pretty cool too. It's just 2 Doom marines but the style of the cover is neat. XBN will definitely be missed

ferricide

border said:
our staff page was a goodbye page.

we didn't find out until our last issue was like 95% done that this was happening. XBN had a full week + of production when they found out, on the other hand.

chespace

ferricide said:

we didn't find out until our last issue was like 95% done that this was happening. XBN had a full week + of production when they found out, on the other hand.

which actually, y'know, really sucked. :)

belgurdo

Banned
Are any of you GMR/XBN guys planning on getting together and doing something like maybe pulling a GameGO!, only without the crushing failure one issue in?

Amir0x

Banned
ferricide said:

So, what are you doing now? You getting shuttled to some other magazine?

GMR was a neat magazine :(

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just noticed this in the magazine about 5 minutes ago.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
heh, it's a fitting mention, and i'm glad to see it made the cut; i'll have to pick up the issue soon.

good luck to everyone on xbn.

ferricide

Amir0x said:
So, what are you doing now? You getting shuttled to some other magazine?

GMR was a neat magazine :(
me personally? nope... doing freelance for a variety of places.

for example, you can see me finally publically come clean on suikoden IV at gamespy:
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/suikoden-iv/578857p1.html?fromint=1

also stuff in newtype USA (been doing that for awhile), anime insider, wired, EGM of course. probably some more places coming up. skip is working on CGW stuff right now, and we're both going to be doing some pocket games work together (don't laugh, it pays) ... milky has moved to 1up, i dunno what the others are up to.

Flynn

Both magazines were pretty great.

Add GMR and XBN to the list of things I liked that didn't last.

Such as:
Film Threat (magazine)
Futurama
Freaks and Geeks
Master and Commander movies
Three free meals at Denny's on your Birthday
That girlfriend who genuinely liked Godzilla

I wish you all luck on your new jobs. May your new bosses allow you to keep do more good stuff.

chespace

Flynn said:
Both magazines were pretty great.

Add GMR and XBN to the list of things I liked that didn't last.

Such as:
Film Threat (magazine)
Futurama
Freaks and Geeks
Master and Commander movies
Three free meals at Denny's on your Birthday
That girlfriend who genuinely liked Godzilla

I wish you all luck on your new jobs. May your new bosses allow you to keep do more good stuff.

Hey, I like your list!

Thanks.

Vortac

Great last issue...

I love Simon Cox's Doom 3 review, very well written.

Greg Orlando comes off pretty anal in his KOTOR 2 review though. That game is freaking good, and there wasn't a need to go out of his way to spoil and slam the ending. He sure seemed to like Oddworld: Stranger though, that sounds like a promising gem.

We'll see you guys for Xenon in about ~9 months I bet

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's a shame to see XBN just die off like this. Looking back over some of the first issues, you always get a sense of genuine excitement and it's sad to see that flame burn out...

Amir0x

Banned
ferricide said:
me personally? nope... doing freelance for a variety of places.

for example, you can see me finally publically come clean on suikoden IV at gamespy:
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/suikoden-iv/578857p1.html?fromint=1

also stuff in newtype USA (been doing that for awhile), anime insider, wired, EGM of course. probably some more places coming up. skip is working on CGW stuff right now, and we're both going to be doing some pocket games work together (don't laugh, it pays) ... milky has moved to 1up, i dunno what the others are up to.

Well, it's good to know I'll see some of the GMR cats around the way. Best of luck in all your endeavours and all that jazz. :)

Top Bottom