• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

p3tran

Banned
We're not done yet for the week.

I hope so, because my jaw is still sitting in its place :)

Helios, I got one question, when possible ask around:

given that this is the first time ever t10 are launching their game along with a new console,
is it reasonable to expect that at least a part of t10 team will continue working on small improvements in f5, after release?
or it will go down like usual, like fix any bugs if there, have a team do the dlc and move on to the next project?

I mean, it sure is possible that in a month from now, the coders will have done some things even better than what they did when they had to reach day1 goal.
Will these improvements find their way into forza 5, or everything discovered after nov.22 will goto forza 6/horizon 2?

I know its not a fancy question, but i'll be happy with a fancy answer :D

thanks

HeliosT10

I hope so, because my jaw is still sitting in its place :)

Helios, I got one question, when possible ask around:

given that this is the first time ever t10 are launching their game along with a new console,
is it reasonable to expect that at least a part of t10 team will continue working on small improvements in f5, after release?
or it will go down like usual, like fix any bugs if there, have a team do the dlc and move on to the next project?

I mean, it sure is possible that in a month from now, the coders will have done some things even better than what they did when they had to reach day1 goal.
Will these improvements find their way into forza 5, or everything discovered after nov.22 will goto forza 6/horizon 2?

I know its not a fancy question, but i'll be happy with a fancy answer :D

thanks

Hey there,

Can you give me a couple of examples you're thinking about when you say "small improvements".

Obviously we'll be monitoring community feedback once we're released, and issue updates to fix reported issues and where appropriate and feasible make some tweaks to the game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
240p confirmed!

resolution is overrated.

;)

great video, the track looked absolutely fantastic from what i could see. looking forward to gifs made from the higher quality video later today.

Just been to a mates garage to sort out a new set of alloys and he's got a rallyspec metro 6r4. Helios fancy getting on to dan to tell him to stick one in the game. Ill get him to let you borrow it if you need it for modelling.

Mascot

Higher quality version of the Audi Le Mans Vidoc will be out later today.

Helios, why wasn't the higher quality version released first? Why even let this crappy compressed abomination to be released into the public domain, let alone be the first glimpse we get of it? I imagine I'm not the only one who has seen the shitty version and doesn't need to watch it twice.

Stuff like this baffles me. Turn 10 does have some sort of PR strategy, don't they? Somebody actually in charge of media liaison? It all seems so bloody random all the time. We get 'official' media releases and announcements hours (or even days) after we've already seen them leaked on some generic gaming website. There doesn't ever seem to be any structure or coordination going on. We even get contradictory messages from different Turn 10 staffers in interviews. It's laughable.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ac8a03a2-0160-4e35-a8c4-e39da61dd622.jpg

looks so good. gif request at 4:14. i LOVE the replay cam from a chase car. the subtitles of the bumps in the road translating to the footage looks great.

HeliosT10

Helios, why wasn't the higher quality version released first? Why even let this crappy compressed abomination to be released into the public domain, let alone be the first glimpse we get of it? I imagine I'm not the only one who has seen the shitty version and doesn't need to watch it twice.

Stuff like this baffles me. Turn 10 does have some sort of PR strategy, don't they? Somebody actually in charge of media liaison? It all seems so bloody random all the time. We get 'official' media releases and announcements hours (or even days) after we've already seen them leaked on some generic gaming website. There doesn't ever seem to be any structure or coordination going on. We even get contradictory messages from different Turn 10 staffers in interviews. It's laughable.

We released it to numerous outlets in various territories in 1080p yesterday, it looks like the EVO upload was the only one that was picked up here by you guys. Unfortunately the video player on that site doesn't appear to support high res.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
More news out about Forza Rewards for Forza 5.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/forza-5-play-past-games-get-free-cars

Starting today, players can login to Forza Rewards and claim in-game credits based on their experience with the series. The amount of credits you've earned classifies which tier you're in, and which cars you're eligible for.

More info at the link above.

hYx9B96.png
Aww Yiss.

Hey HeliosT10 is there a way I can buy into the VIP programme for Forza 5? I normally buy the CE edition, but plan to go digital only this generation so I assume I will miss out on the CE features this time around? :(

HeliosT10

We're still not done for the week....

@Label - I'm not 100% sure what the plans are for VIP for digital purchasers, will see if I can find anything out.

p3tran

Banned
Hey there,

Can you give me a couple of examples you're thinking about when you say "small improvements".

Obviously we'll be monitoring community feedback once we're released, and issue updates to fix reported issues and where appropriate and feasible make some tweaks to the game.

Sorry for not replying immediately, but customers seem to run in shop everytime I want to write something :)

By small improvements I mean improvements that are not bug fixes or leaderboard cheating related maintenance.

Like for example, iirc there was a patch that improved the hands animation in f3 after release. (I don’t care for cockpit, I brought this as an example)

Could be any kind of improvement. Lets say for example come Christmas the core dudes discover a better way to render, or a much better way to do sound effects. Will such things be patched in fm5 as improvements, or they simply go towards the next project?

I know the team has been working their asses off, I can see what they are bringing to xbone day1 in relation to what others are bringing, and that’s why I’m asking.

edit:
toptierhyl2c.jpg

SarBear

We're still not done for the week....

Helios, come on, throw me a bone on ANY information regarding online multi. When will that be addressed? The community would LOVE to be able to tune in lobby between matches.

Edit: I'm just curious how the leaderboards will work this time around. Will there be a separation for users with and without assists?

eso76

Sorry for not replying immediately, but customers seem to run in shop everytime I want to write something :)

By small improvements I mean improvements that are not bug fixes or leaderboard cheating related maintenance.

stuff like changing replay camera angles for La Sarthe, since they appear to be exactly the same as FM4's (i just checked) :p

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
@Label - I'm not 100% sure what the plans are for VIP for digital purchasers, will see if I can find anything out.

Thanks, will be looking forward to hearing the answer!

Still hoping I can get the day one car pack purchasing the game digitally on day one ;)

ShapeGSX

Helios, come on, throw me a bone on ANY information regarding online multi. When will that be addressed? The community would LOVE to be able to tune in lobby between matches.

Yes, lobby tuning! Please!

Edit: Of course, lobbies may be fundamentally different this time around, given the multitasking in the Xbox One. I'd love to know how this is going to work.

HeliosT10

p3tran - I'm afraid I can't really answer that with any certainty mate at the moment, as I'm sure you can understand I don't want to really speculate about what we might/might not do for future updates when the game isn't even out yet.

p3tran

Banned
p3tran - I'm afraid I can't really answer that with any certainty mate at the moment, as I'm sure you can understand I don't want to really speculate about what we might/might not do for future updates when the game isn't even out yet.
of course, it is only reasonable.
thats why I asked if you can ask around etc.
its not something I would expect the answer immediately.
BUT
it would be nice if -lets say- t10 leave a window open, like 6month period, where every new discovery they make about xbone, they sum up and patch the improvements in game after release.

;)

now, of to see the new vid.

faberpach

Watching that video no night racing hurts so much... I know I know by this time I should have already given up but man it would be so nice...

Amazing video can not wait for nov 22.

gsrjedi

Will this bring back local leaderboards for tracks? I like being able to see more than just my fastest time for a given class or track. That's something I've really missed since FM2

amar212

I am trying to be objective, I swear. But Dan sometimes speaks stuff like he is deliberately trolling all people that have serious expectations out of Forza series. And his commentary in this video is greatest trolling of LeMans race ever in context of delivery.

Sorry for being negative, but I really had to comment on it.

Great graphical upgrade in replays and I so love debris detail. I hope imperfections in headlamps, as seen on the first P1 stationary renders in Prague, will be part of "decay" for cars.

I am trying to be objective, I swear. But Dan sometimes speaks stuff like he is deliberately trolling all people that have serious expectations out of Forza series. And his commentary in this video is greatest trolling of LeMans race ever in context of delivery.

Sorry for being negative, but I really had to comment on it.

Great graphical upgrade in replays and I so love debris detail. I hope imperfections in headlamps, as seen on the first P1 stationary renders in Prague, will be part of "decay" for cars.

Yeah, it thought it was pretty funny to use footage of a 24h race to advertise this game and also mention all this teamwork stuff, when there's not even a pit crew in the game.

Top Bottom