• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

p3tran

Banned
so forza 5 will have 3000 reward points?
seems like they are preparing the forza 5 entry in the reward system site

iGci1m0ekeT8A.gif

Forza cant cut any fantasy track, theres some great ones (like Maple Valley) and the franchise need to keep its classics, its part of a succefull brand to have things that fans can recognize and develop a "relation".
Real tracks are fun and great but fantasy ones are as equaly important, they give you a much better sensation of travell around the globe because of the scenary take a primary role.

ps: Sedona is great :) and the track I really want to return its Rally di Positano!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, the Ferrari 250 GTO 1962, its the real 1962 version that many of us have been asking for so long?

Seanspeed

Banned
Going to the Gadget Show expo tomorrow. Xbox One will be there, so fingers crossed for Forza 5. I'll be going early so am hoping to get good amount of time with it if there's not too many people there. Will report back later.

There's something about it that rubs me up the wrong way, whether it's the scenery or the layout I don't know.

Make no end of mistakes through losing interest.

There's something about it that rubs me up the wrong way, whether it's the scenery or the layout I don't know.

Make no end of mistakes through losing interest.

I liked Sedona at first but now I hate it. It doesn't flow well, it has no natural rhythm to it. And that corner near the start of the drag strip with the slight runoff gravel with a tractor beam/industrial magnet/quick drying cement can fuck right off. Got stopped dead so many times with just a wheel off the track.

p3tran

Banned
Going to the Gadget Show expo tomorrow. Xbox One will be there, so fingers crossed for Forza 5. I'll be going early so am hoping to get good amount of time with it if there's not too many people there. Will report back later.

yeah, about that, I heard they only have TSUKUBA with a cart for you to play at gadget show tomorrow ;Ppppp

Got stopped dead so many times with just a wheel off the track.
check your replay, you might be surprised :)

you CAN flow in sedona. it can be a great drive when you catch it.
but yeah, I care more about laser scanned tracks. and laser scanned stelvio pass etc :D

its ok eso.
something more will happen before end of week
<<jaws>> etc ;)

btw, i just had time to read the forza rewards >>>> forza 5 article, that was posted earlier.
(http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/forza-5-play-past-games-get-free-cars)

so, i have another Q :D

• Tier 1: Ford Fiesta, 10,000 Credits
  • Tier 2: Audi RS7, 20,000 Credits
  • Tier 3: Ferrari F12, 40,000 Credits
  • Tier 4: McLaren P1, 80,000 Credits
I'm tier 5
so tier 5 gets all previous tier cars, plus one? or just one?
and which one?

Good question!

cITAQs2N

G Rom

Btw, the Ferrari 250 GTO 1962, its the real 1962 version that many of us have been asking for so long?

Wait what ? I could swear it was the 64' version which was on the list when the article went up, BADNED still lists it as the 64' version as well.
We need a proper confirmation, Helios, you can't play with our heart like that !

Could we finally see this beauty in FM ?!
5246.jpg

Tier 1 with 0 points, awesome, I knew buying the LE of every game would get me somewhere.

#kappa

*edit* works now, wow I am 23 points away from tier 5.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Wait what ? I could swear it was the 64' version which was on the list when the article went up, BADNED still lists it as the 64' version as well.
We need a proper confirmation, Helios, you can't play with our heart like that !

5246.jpg

They have definitely changed it on the page, because my original post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88052525&postcount=2726 which is a copy+paste has the 64 listed. FM.net now says 62.

SparksBCN

Neo Member
About the GTO. It was initially listed as a '64, then the article was edited and it was changed to a '62. But in Forza Horizon was referred to as a '62 as well, so I don't have much hope about getting the real '62 one that has been asked forever.

HeliosT10

5246.jpg

1962 Ferrari 250 GTO.......

CONFIRMED :)

I need 400 points then for that P1. I wonder the best way of getting those. I'm almost maxed out on FM4. Lost my FM3 save too. Maybe I need to do some FM2 as I'm missing quite a few achievements there.

Ah now I remember why I stopped playing forza 4, 90% of the completed races I had done were erased somehow, I have all my garage but it's like I hardly played the single player events :/ I had over half done, too.

p3tran

Banned
schweet! f12 rs7 and the mclaren 8)
I can almost taste my first 10 mins with the game..
see intro.
collect rewards.
pick up mclaren.
custom license plate, color.
goto bathurst.
banderas.gif

i'd rather not cheat ;)
hehe are you even close to tier 5 xanadu?
shoot me a f/r, my tag like gafname.
I wanna see how you stack up on my forza list thing
unless you where talking about dat ..fiesta :pp

p.s. hey, it already <<tomorrow>> here! where's my vid? :D

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Is it just me or are we going to be getting customisable helmets and possibly race suits?

Seen quite a few different helmet designs now.

Xanadu

Banned
schweet! f12 rs7 and the mclaren 8)
I can almost taste my first 10 mins with the game..
see intro.
collect rewards.
pick up mclaren.
custom license plate, color.
goto bathurst.
banderas.gif

hehe are you even close to tier 5 xanadu?
shoot me a f/r, my tag like gafname.
I wanna see how you stack up on my forza list thing
unless you where talking about dat ..fiesta :pp

p.s. hey, it already <<tomorrow>> here! where's my vid? :D
yea i'm only tier 3, not a big fan of horizon

1962 Ferrari 250 GTO.......

CONFIRMED :)

The proper 250 GTO???????? (please tell me its the one from the picture), I have been waiting for this version since forever!

Any hopes for the Bmw M1 Procar or atleast a real Procar kit for the street version? that car its gorgeous and iconic, it needs to be in the game!

The_Holy_Puck

Neo Member
I just had a epiphany.

Painting will be so much easier with the snap feature.

Good point..

Keep the picture on the screen while you replicate. It would be quite annoying with only half or 75% of the screen though. I still think I would like the ol tablet, and tv experience. (Photo on tablet, and forza on TV)

Good point..

Keep the picture on the screen while you replicate. It would be quite annoying with only half or 75% of the screen though. I still think I would like the ol tablet, and tv experience. (Photo on tablet, and forza on TV)

Thats why projector GAF is best GAF, DAT 100" screen.

I hated using my laptop because I had to keep looking up and down to compare what I was doing.

saladine1

Turn 10 are looking for a physics dev to "push the envelope in the racing genre."

Forza to become more realistic than real life confirmed..

Mascot

Ah now I remember why I stopped playing forza 4, 90% of the completed races I had done were erased somehow, I have all my garage but it's like I hardly played the single player events :/ I had over half done, too.

Try going from just a few races short of 100% completion all the way back to 16% completion.

Utterly soul destroying.

Was an answer to this issue ever found? There was you, me and Shorty affected by it which makes me think it was GAF car club related. The whole issue was swept under the carpet on FM.net with mods being their usual charming selves.

eso76

I just had a epiphany.

Painting will be so much easier with the snap feature.

good point, hadn't thought of that at all.
Actually, i haven't really thought of the possibilities with the snap features.

And...

1962 GTO !

Waiting for todays megatons :)

Oh yes, btw, it was

1964 Ferrari 250 GTO
when the article first went up

Mascot

come on t10 dudes!! its mid-day in my part of the world!
how do you say it?
<<wakey wakey, eggs and bakey>> :D

It's the 'jaw-dropping' reveal today, isn't it? Has to be since today is Friday and it was promised this week, and we haven't had it yet and things are rarely revealed at weekends.

So - what would count as jaw-dropping? It has to be something really special to live up to the hyperbole. Something of night or weather proportions, but we know it's not that.

How about wet tracks? I'm not talking weather, or active precipitation, but tracks that are wet following a recent shower. Why would this be so hard to do? Added reflections? Volumetric spray? Come on, people. This is supposed to be powerful next-gen hardware. A few more reflections and some spray should be within the Xbone's capabilities. Hell, even do it for time trial only if it stresses the GPU too much.

OK, there's no way that this is the jaw-dropper. I'm living in la-la land. But what could it be? What unrevealed feature will live up to this massive build-up?

Jaw up, waiting to drop. Do not disappoint me.

Top Bottom