• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

Xan, it's strange to me how much weight you put on the F40 model from over the course of the Forza games, but you also have serious contempt for the new focus on Autovista-quality detailing and accuracy on the cars and engine bays. It's something I've observed and just don't understand.

Like, on the one hand you want unfailing attention to detail on every car (at what sounds like the expense of your enjoyment of the game itself), but on the other, you take serious issue (to the point of not wanting to buy it) when the dev actually does seem to prioritize the accuracy levels you insist on if it means fewer cars. It's even weirder when you dismiss concerns about a very limited selection of accurate cars and tracks in one game (Corsa), but take offense at another game with those same priorities (despite it having many times over more cars and tracks per dollar than the game you just excused).

Is the F40 just sort of a pet peeve for you with the series?

He explained very well, we want an accurate F40 model, not see every screw on the engine bay.

TJP

Going by the site the full game is targetting 23 cars and lists 14 (lol) circuits, of which 1 is a drag strip, 3 appear to be different configurations of Silverstone and Monza is listed twice, although I can let that go as the other is a historic layout which may actually require some additional work..
I don't understand why you are chosing to shit on Kunos and Assetto Corsa. What Kunos have managed to do in regards to vehicle & track licences entirely through self funding is nothing short of remarkable. AC was never going to rival a Microsoft or Sony funded console sim in regards to vehicle and track numbers and only a total fucking idiot would have an expectation that Kunos or any other indie developer could do so.

I actually thought people posting in here and in other racing threads were all sim racing fans irrespective of platform or developer and would appreciate what is currently available but alas it appears not to be the case. Small mindedness and constant bickering seems to be the norm.

I don't understand why you are chosing to shit on Kunos and Assetto Corsa. What Kunos have managed to do in regards to vehicle & track licences entirely through self funding is nothing short of remarkable. AC was never going to rival a Microsoft or Sony funded console sim in regards to vehicle and track numbers and only a total fucking idiot would have an expectation that Kunos or any other indie developer could do so.

I actually thought people posting in here and in other racing threads were all sim racing fans irrespective of platform or developer and would appreciate what is currently available but alas it appears not to be the case. Small mindedness and constant bickering seems to be the norm.

Gestault

I may be wrong on this, but I think Assetto Corsa was only brought up in the first place because it became available during the course of the conversation. Some people picked up on the attention to detail alongside its limited car and track selection, and made the logical connection between the complaints about the selections of each in Forza 5. A few people who made a point that they wouldn't buy F5 because of its limited selection also heralded Assetto Corsa, which people like myself noticed and questioned.

Now keep in mind, I'm a big fan of doing more with less. Having a pure sim like Corsa achieved on any scale with such limited resources and team numbers is impressive, plus it looks pretty damned fun based even just on the three trailers from the reveal thread elsewhere. Most of us are into these games in general, but for the sake of consistency, I can understand why people highlighted how for the asking price, the number of cars and tracks in Assetto Corsa should be troubling for the people who found the many-times-over greater variety of Forza 5 to be unacceptable.

I don't think anyone here actually wants to shit on Assetto Corsa. It looks badass.

Xanadu

Banned
I may be wrong on this, but I think Assetto Corsa was only brought up in the first place because it became available during the course of the conversation. Some people picked up on the attention to detail alongside its limited car and track selection, and made the logical connection between the complaints about the selections of each in Forza 5. A few people who made a point that they wouldn't buy F5 because of its limited selection also heralded Assetto Corsa, which people like myself noticed and questioned.

Now keep in mind, I'm a big fan of doing more with less. Having a pure sim like Corsa achieved on any scale with such limited resources and team numbers is impressive, plus it looks pretty damned fun based even just on the three trailers from the reveal thread elsewhere. Most of us are into these games in general, but for the sake of consistency, I can understand why people highlighted how for the asking price, the number of cars and tracks in Assetto Corsa should be troubling for the people who found the many-times-over greater variety of Forza 5 to be unacceptable.

I don't think anyone here actually wants to shit on Assetto Corsa. It looks badass.

assetto corsa supports mods so there will be many more tracks/cars and for FREE, they set the ground work for an amazing physics engine and we build ontop of it

these hardcore sim games always have been this way, much lower content then the console sims but much higher quality

btw before you say its the same in forza 5, trust me..you cant compare these games

Gestault

assetto corsa supports mods so there will be many more tracks/cars and for FREE

There may be some concerns about consistency or quality, but even outside of that, there's no doubt the core team will be building more content over time for that game. Particularly if word-of-mouth bumps sales on Steam like most of us hope it will. Like I said, I don't think anyone honestly wants to criticize Assetto Corsa.

That being said, the fact that you're rationalizing nonspecific third-parties possibly making some content in the future of indeterminate quality as a solution for concerns about the amount of cars/tracks seems strange to me. I understand with a pure sim how fun *one* car on *one* track can actually be. I just think people upset by more than 200 cars and 14 track locations elsewhere might be strange figures to champion that attitude.

Xanadu

Banned
There may be some concerns about consistency or quality, but even outside of that, there's no doubt the core team will be building more content over time for that game. Particularly if word-of-mouth bumps sales on Steam like most of us hope it will. Like I said, I don't think anyone honestly wants to criticize Assetto Corsa.

That being said, the fact that you're rationalizing nonspecific third-parties possibly making some content in the future of indeterminate quality as a solution for concerns about the amount of cars/tracks seems strange to me. I understand with a pure sim how fun *one* car on *one* track can actually be. I just think people upset by more than 200 cars and 14 track locations elsewhere might be strange figures to champion that attitude.

its just what weve come to expect from games like forza and GT, compared to previous games the numbers are very low, of course they are higher than PC sims but PC sims have always been lower, i cant think of one game on the PC with 200+ cars without mods. but as i said you make this trade off for a much more hardcore experience, there is no fannying around with these games, casual racers do not enjoy these like they enjoy forza, they arent that fun to non sim enthusiasts..they are different experiences and for hardcore sim fans like me they are brilliant, i still love forza and gran turismo but mostly due to nostalgia reasons and the variety they offer

commedieu

Banned
What's this, some mystic moon joke GT players understand?

I bought GT5, let me in on it.

Your avatar said that PD was handing the sim baton to Turn10.. i think FM4/3.

Turn 10 on Forza 3: 'No game competes with us'

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/05/turn-10-on-forza-3-no-game-competes-with-us/
I'm in this industry because of Gran Turismo, let's just be frank," said Greenwalt. He then explained that Gran Turismo inspired his first "stressful" car purchase, a Mitsubishi 3000GT, saying that is was "a great car in that game, and I thought 'Oh my God, if I'm ever going to have a car, that's the car that I want.'" Then things got ugly.

"So, props to Kazunori Yamauchi-san and the PS1 team," said Greenwalt. "That said," he continued, "I feel that he's passed us the baton. Perhaps he hasn't meant to, but we have taken the genre to new levels and they've stopped evolving the genre. So again, tremendous respect to him, but I'd say the differentiator is they're old school." He conclued, "The emperor's naked, and I don't want to, you know, I don't want to slap him around, but no game competes [with] us right now."

Gestault

casual racers do not enjoy these like they enjoy forza, they arent that fun to non sim enthusiasts..they are different experiences and for hardcore sim fans like me they are brilliant, i still love forza and gran turismo but mostly due to nostalgia reasons and the variety they offer

I'm totally with you here. I just had like fifty flashbacks to fantasy tracks from GT3 and 4. Good stuff (especially re: the idea of being let down when those legacy tracks are missing from long-time series).

Xanadu

Banned

lol i forgot about all that stuff, good times

I'm totally with you here. I just had like fifty flashbacks to fantasy tracks from GT3 and 4. Good stuff (especially re: the idea of being let down when those legacy tracks are missing from long-time series).

yep and i get flashbacks from racing on rio de janeiro, pacific shipyards and tokyo circuit..all brilliant tracks that we never saw again for some reason

p3tran

Banned
wohoo!!! thanks!
I owe you Herzt! I'm gonna pay back in forza 5 :)

I may be wrong on this, but I think Assetto Corsa was only brought up in the first place because it became available during the course of the conversation.
Correct! I posted it here the minute I found out about it.

I don't understand why you are chosing to shit on Kunos and Assetto Corsa. What Kunos have managed to do in regards to vehicle & track licences entirely through self funding is nothing short of remarkable.
Nobody shat on Asseto Corsa.
of course it is remarkable, and thats why we buy the game. because we want and we need to support and make viable developers like this.
not because their content can be compared in size or quality with a big publisher's game. OR even because it has even the slightest meaning, when you'll be playing forza in less than two weeks.
they do are a fantastic team though, and they deserve all the support they can get

not fair!
stop picking on forzaGaf, and put on some assetto corsa goodness 8)

amar212

They're intoning that you're now standing in for FordGTguy. I didn't find what you said particularly unreasonable.

No, "we" do not. My joke is absolutely related to Dan's nonsense of "passing the baton" and I found it accordingly fitting as an joke. Do not even try to put me in fight with DCowboy, thank you.

p3tran

Banned
even ford gt is a good guy re! you have him wrong.
he is a BIT nutty, but he is good :) I still can not forget, and probably never will, that he called me out for "trolling" on an xbox thread LOLOLOL mind blown
I like him 8)

and you cowboy, your avatar is a target these days. even I get excited sometimes as I see him in that glowy green. just like as if he's trolling us (HUNDREDS! HUNDREDS!!) :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
and you cowboy, your avatar is a target these days. even I get excited sometimes as I see him in that glowy green. just like as if he's trolling us (HUNDREDS! HUNDREDS!!) :D

at least he doesnt have an "xbot" tag

op_ivy

Did you get it for anything specific?

yeah, i made a thread about the gears of war downgrade from how it was demo'd initially with all them awesome shadows only to have the final game missing most of that. hence the "fallen" part - which is always ignored when someone tag quotes me to "prove a point".

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4816376

they even changed the thread title... all because i pointed out a downgrade to a hyped 360 title (which was beloved at the time). man have times changed. modus too. jesus. betrayalton. i thought gaf was bad now but just look at that.

Xanadu

Banned
yeah, i made a thread about the gears of war downgrade from how it was demo'd initially with all them awesome shadows only to have the final game missing most of that. hence the "fallen" part - which is always ignored when someone tag quotes me to "prove a point".

they even changed the thread title... all because i pointed out a downgrade to a hyped 360 title (which was beloved at the time). man have times changed. modus too. jesus. betrayalton. i thought gaf was bad now but just look at that.

wow gaf was terrible then huh? i only joined in 07

Gestault

No, "we" do not. My joke is absolutely related to Dan's nonsense of "passing the baton" and I found it accordingly fitting as an joke. Do not even try to put me in fight with DCowboy, thank you.

lol, absolutely my mistake. I apologize for the sideline miscommunication.

Mascot

The avatar was only supposed to last for the week over E3 but I've gotten attached to it.

I've got to be honest - your avatar unnerves me.
Walt looks absolutely batshit crazy in it.

Tried my best to necrobump but unfortunately that thread's been locked.

:p

p3tran

Banned
at least he doesnt have an "xbot" tag

Did you get it for anything specific?

all the calls for my banning! lol

hehe, goodmorning
you want to know my tag story? early ps3 days, no games worth mentioning on that, the era of blackboard "the scratched game will save ps3", BIG TIME:D
my ps3 folds at home and gathers dust. :)

suddenly, the news that NINJA GAIDEN would release at ps3 were known. I was very happy, and thinking of possibilities, BUT everybody in gaf was downplaying ninja gaiden, it being a xbox exclusive etc.
ALL people were tooting -in all threads- the upcoming devil may cry 4 and ...heavenly sword as the games to watch, the ps3 premium battle games :D

so, I called out EVERYONE, telling them that each and every one of them would get VERY fucking owned, I got a tag soon after, of course everybody thought I was wrong, then the games are out, and EVEN with the hayashi fucked up situation, BAM!
NINJA GAIDEN got at least 10 more metacritic points than either of those games, and of course everybody got owned.
:D
so let my tag be a reminder, for those who may want to disagree with me, ever: tread lightly :D

so let my tag be a reminder, for those who may want to disagree with me, ever: tread lightly :D

I've always read your tag as you were the one that got owned at some point. It gave me the impression you are quick to jump the gun.

Good To hear that wasn't the case.

I've got to be honest - your avatar unnerves me.
Walt looks absolutely batshit crazy in it.

That was a flattering frame too, he loses it for a couple of seconds during and interview. We get a glimpse of real Dan and he's bonkers.

p3tran

Banned
I've always read your tag as you were the one that got owned at some point. It gave me the impression you are quick to jump the gun
:)
still very easy to verify, even if you havent played the games :) click my tag, read my post, check metacritic 8)

SO, to get back on forza, I predict,
that IF microsoft does not become a little less greedy with forza 5 dlc plan,
it WILL be reflected very badly on metacritic. (like gt6 beating overall forza5, think about that :D )
AND suits will then cry ;)

-car pass 60% price increase, and
-a second pass for tracks,
its not good.
you are launching a console here ffs!
eat the cost of the extra-extra dlc.
it will be better advertisement than the millions you throw around in vain...

now, did any new stuff surface toady? there is this thing running in paris for one, and I guess thats not the only event this weekend

Mascot

:)
SO, to get back on forza, I predict,
that IF microsoft does not become a little less greedy with forza 5 dlc plan,
it WILL be reflected very badly on metacritic. (like gt6 beating overall forza5, think about that :D )
AND suits will then cry ;)

When can we expect the first reviews of next-gen games?

p3tran

Banned
When can we expect the first reviews of next-gen games?

I dont have a clue mate :)

by the way, for those of you that may not have believed the reddit dude (we need more players like him), since the pictures yesterday from Paris, there is absolutely ZERO chance that reddit dude was no legit.

so let me present exhibit one, displaying the NEW categories, as are now in F5 and we saw in them yesterday's pics from paris

ZMybbsm.jpg

and exhibit two, from my private stash, since reddit entries were deleted.
how the reddit dude describes the new categories in F5.. enjoy ;)

now, dude said nurburgring with the f1 track connected, behemoth style, and also long beach.... PLAYABLE, back then!!

A.Penello and major Nelson, this thing is more up their turf than it is t10;s... or Helios's :pP
I think they should fix it.. dat dlc plan.. chop-chop

op_ivy

its possible that even if the reddit guy did play on those tracks (he does seem legit), that doesnt necessarily mean they were completed. they could have been a work in progress and missing final passes from art or receiving tweaks for performance issues. who knows.

while the day 1 paid dlc is utterly inexcusable in light of there also being day 1 free dlc, i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the tracks - though i fully understand why others wouldnt.

p3tran

Banned
its possible that even if the reddit guy did play on those tracks (he does seem legit), that doesnt necessarily mean they were completed. they could have been a work in progress and missing final passes from art or receiving tweaks for performance issues. who knows.

while the day 1 paid dlc is utterly inexcusable in light of there also being day 1 free dlc, i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the tracks - though i fully understand why others wouldnt.

yes, what I am saying here, is not about day 1 dlc.

I say its not good to have a day 1 season pass (for cars), then
one month later you drop nurburgring and you ask for a second pass.

I did not say that two months ago the tracks were complete, hell, I bet nothing was complete then. this is not the point.

also, in other news, forza 5 will take 31gb on the hdd, I guess without the paid dlc.

LeBoef

how about this: we stop calling it behemoth.
pgr is overrated (sorry, dont kill me) and no one besides pgr players calls it like that. ask baseng or another driver about the behemoth, think the answer will be "what?!"

if they truly scanned the 24h layout: that lets me come to the conclusion they have scanned the nürburgring aswell. the 24h hour layout doesnt take part on the whole nürburgring, but it would be idiotic not to scan the GP layout while you re already there.

eso76

pgr is overrated (sorry, dont kill me) and no one besides pgr players calls it like that. ask baseng or another driver about the behemoth, think the answer will be "what?!"

to which, anyone's reply should be "its from PGR, you noob".
PGR is the holy bible, if it calls it the behemoth, then it is the behemoth.

Not that struck on it either, there's a lot to like about the games the environments, graphics and sound but the driving and racing itself wasn't my cup of tea at all. Really liked MSR, not sure what was lost along the way.

p3tran

Banned
basically I knew the reddit guy was legit, from the minute he referenced THE BEHEMOTH! :)
you cant be a fake and yet talk straight

KNEAL BEFORE THE BEHEMOTH!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgPo2und45U&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0CA_bfv2kY&hd=1
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu6-TJWQ8kQ&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ANuAtyi_s&hd=1

8)

I am 100% sure that's even how it was referenced in dat secret money grabbing conference:
-hey, dude! how can we monetize the SHIT out of forza core players?
-DUDE! epiphany!! you take out the nurburgring, then sell it back! EVERYONE will have to buy
-malaka, that wont fly, they will spit roast us!!
-DUDE! when you bring it back, you dont bring just the nurburgring...
-wtf?
- you will bring back ......THE BEHEMOTH!!
- (mind blown!, conference over, done deal)

Mascot

newnew.jpg

Great shop.

Are all NDAs now lifted? Was anything confirmed about driving the cars out of the homespace straight from Forzavista?

Sal, it's high time you spuffed all the beans in your Forzanads. The game's almost out!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I read the entire Week In Review and it was nothing but fluff. No new info. No news on when there'll be more info. Just fluff.

I find it hilarious how there was never even an official Yas Marina announcement. It just popped up in the launch trailer, followed by the Gamespot gameplay video, but never was it mentioned how this one some big new track.

I guess they're going to start unveiling the rest of the LaFerrari Car Pack from now until launch.

Hopefully there is mention of when in January The Behemoth will be available.

Top Bottom