• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

Timeaisis

Do you all really not play with items at all? Sure I'll turn them off if I want to do 1v1 for-serious match, but most of the time I'm leaving items on for fun.

Village

1453216_732798823416597_456979909_n.jpg

der.gif

ffdgh

Do you all really not play with items at all? Sure I'll turn them off if I want to do 1v1 for-serious match, but most of the time I'm leaving items on for fun.

I love items on tho I always turn off the dragon parts.

Also again, Fox's teeth are really an eyesore >_>

DaBoss

Are these the first 3DS version screenshots that indicate that there are more facial expressions will also be present in it?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The official FB posted some 3DS images.

I don't recognise some of them, but I was missing for a couple of weeks in October. Did some quick searches on Google and couldn't find anything for them.

I dont recognize them either, looks nice

And all the fucks i give for the 3Ds version are still 0.

Unimpressed by it, and I really don't want a portable smash.
same here, and I think that the 3ds version existing is a detriment to the wiiU one. I dont give two fucks people that say thats not true, it's what I see right now and what Im going to use as fault if the wiiU version is not up to standard with the content of brawl.

DaBoss

Did we really need a visual confirmation of animated faces?
We never seen it till now, so yes. The 3DS looks more similar to Brawl texture/model-wise, which didn't have the faces as animated as the Wii U version, so it's nice to have some pics.
same here, and I think that the 3ds version existing is a detriment to the wiiU one. I dont give two fucks people that say thats not true, it's what I see right now and what Im going to use as fault if the wiiU version is not up to standard with the content of brawl.
lol ok.

Please explain what you see right now. I see two games being in development at the same time.

R0ckman

Why does Sakurai insist on giving Toon Link the default shield and not the Mirror Sheild it's just off seeing him use the full Master Sword and the old shield.

I'm more or less worried because they are being developed side by side, that it will end up like PBAS
In that so much hype, but so bloody god damn underwhelming.

Kokonoe

Banned
Uh, they both look the exact same to me, except that the X&Y Pikachu is (obviously) more polygonal and paler.

Pikachu's head is more tall then wide in Smash Bros. U, his eyes are smaller and the textures for it's face look more like stickers since there is a lack of shape around that area. Also Pikachu in XY is not as tall and has less of a 'neck'.

DaBoss

I'm more or less worried because they are being developed side by side, that it will end up like PBAS
Except the things wrong with PSASBR are not from it being developed side by side. Both versions are pretty much the exact same game.

3DS can output roughly similar graphics to GC but with better lighting. Add to that the better textures from the new designs and you have a winner.

What really kills it for me is the fact that the added colour & designs make it look better than Brawl to me. x_x

Like geez, the 3DS version looks kinda better than the most recent console Smash we got hahahah.

Berordn

We never seen it till now, so yes. The 3DS looks more similar to Brawl texture/model-wise, which didn't have the faces as animated as the Wii U version, so it's nice to have some pics.

Brawl had some pretty animated expressions on the characters, not seeing as much before now is just because of how early in development the games are. Most of the characters we'd seen were just imported from Brawl and he's slowly been updating them in a lot of ways, like Pit's stance just randomly changing in one update.

SmithnCo

That game's problems stem more from balancing and not enough dev time to add more modes/single-player stuff. I don't think the Vita version really hindered it in those areas, especially since Bluepoint studios had made the engine and developed the Vita version.

PopeReal

Just wondering why still pics from a chaotic 4 player fighting game bug people so much. Are you going to pause the game with your friends over and make them examine each one?

I just don't see how the small details are going to mean anything when it comes to how it plays, and how much fun it is.

Top Bottom