• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

Mariolee

Kinda off topic but there's a Brawl tourney coming up in less than two weeks and it'll be my first one. I mean, I've played my friends before but I really wanna train my best before the matches since it seems like these guys are hardcore smashers.

Any Youtube videos I should watch and learn from? I mean, there's no real advanced moves like Melee right, like wavedashing or whatever. How should I train?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
1453216_732798823416597_456979909_n.jpg

New pose?

I thought it only happen if you missed your opponents with down air attack.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I just noticed that fox's scouter has some info on it, I wonder if that details comes up everytime fox fires his gun, thats a really neat detail.

Do you all really not play with items at all? Sure I'll turn them off if I want to do 1v1 for-serious match, but most of the time I'm leaving items on for fun.
I typically play without items, even in cases where it's 4-player free for all. It's just a heckuva lot more skill based that way, even if FFA is way less skill based that typical 1v1.

Kinda off topic but there's a Brawl tourney coming up in less than two weeks and it'll be my first one. I mean, I've played my friends before but I really wanna train my best before the matches since it seems like these guys are hardcore smashers.

Any Youtube videos I should watch and learn from? I mean, there's no real advanced moves like Melee right, like wavedashing or whatever. How should I train?
If they're "hardcore smashers" than they really shouldn't be playing Brawl...

I recommend practicing DACUS (dash attack canceled up-smash) and various character-specific techniques. There aren't as many universal advanced techs like in Melee, but you want to know things like controlling the stage with bananas if you're playing Diddy, for example.

Mariolee

If they're "hardcore smashers" than they really shouldn't be playing Brawl...

I recommend practicing DACUS (dash attack canceled up-smash) and various character-specific techniques. There aren't as many universal advanced techs like in Melee, but you want to know things like controlling the stage with bananas if you're playing Diddy, for example.

I think they're doing Brawl because this is a fundraiser and Brawl is more accessible lol what if my main is Kirby or Toon Link?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yep, they are all new. Why did UK Facebook account have the possibility to post them? It's strange O__O

And...they look gorgeous. 3DS version looks better than Brawl, indeed. Especially in the colors department.

Tooi

Neo Member
All bar one match during my 24 hour trial period with Wii Sports was fine. The game does have a signal strength indicator in the corner so you can tell when you are connected with someone with a dodgy connection.

Finding an opponent was super quick to (well everyone was likely playing this one title that day).

Yep, I found an opponent instantly. Quality in-game was mostly fine. A few hiccups here and there that cost me some points but still really fun! :)

Also that Megaman sitting in the nest...Think there may be any secret characters hiding around?

PsychBat!

Banned
Thank you. ^^ I knooow, its terrible. Was wanting to be around for it. Then one my own, PsychBat! was being really hyped up. XD

Yes I was.

Marth's one of my favorite characters to use in Smash and in Fire Emblem Awakening.

And no more Lucina replacing Marth arguments!

Yeah, I feel exactly the same way. I just love his look!

Its the biggest improvement honestly, and its actually making me really excited for other characters. I think Captain Falcon will be the next character to do this. Give that feeling.

Yes I was.

Marth's one of my favorite characters to use in Smash and in Fire Emblem Awakening.

And no more Lucina replacing Marth arguments!

Well, always great to know more things on people. ^^

Oh, but now we talk about Lucina as an alternate costume, which I feel will definitely happen. Especially with that one screenshot. XP

I think they're doing Brawl because this is a fundraiser and Brawl is more accessible lol what if my main is Kirby or Toon Link?
Ah, Brawl makes sense for a fundraiser. Though if it was me, I still would have used Melee or PM. :p

Here's a guide for playing Brawl!TLink, and here's one for Brawl!Kirby. Other than that, just searching for gameplay of the two on YouTube should prove fruitful.

Elfteiroh

And to think we all dismissed this screenshot originally. Honestly I first thought you were making a Megaman beam joke until I saw others commenting on it. Link is there too.

Don't see him... unless you're talking about that group of green pixels that looks random to the left of Megaman?

Mario is even harder to see.
That one I just can't see... Are you confusing the flowers on the top floating islands with Mario?

Top Bottom