• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Timu

Don't know what you're talking about?!

Last edited by Qassim; Today at 09:01 PM
Last edited by Qassim; Today at 09:03 PM

Timu
(Today, 09:05 PM)

;)
d8ef4f65_bandicam2013-08-0603-34-56-706-1.gif
I see what you did there!!!

Maybe a bit weird of a thing to point out, but I think the windshield looks really good here.
Does reflect the interiors, similarly to Forza 5 in the cockpit view?

Not weird, it looks pretty nice. Drive Club also has it. The light bounced around nicely, but I think it does not reflect the interior. Got an example from Forza?

kanuuna

Not weird, it looks pretty nice. Drive Club also has it. The light bounced around nicely, but I think it does not reflect the interior. Got an example from Forza?

It can be hard to make out the effect from such compressed video at parts due to it being rather subtle, but you can see the dashboard reflect in the windscreen when light is shining at it. It's an effect I'd love to see added to Project CARS as development continues.

It is true for me. It automatically converts my bmps to jpgs.

Flickr is smart and probably thinks that you tried to upload a BMP by mistake. That's the only reason I could think of.

BMPs are a massive waste of space and always result in 5-6 people telling you to convert them to a more sensible format so the thread doesn't get bogged down with ridiculous loading times.

Link? I own pCARS and don't remember ever seeing the effect.

Took a little bit to drudge this up. It was in the bullshot thread.

God I miss 8xMSAA in that game. IQ was phenomenal, and replicating it now is impossible. The devs don't even have to do anything to re-enable it. YARGH.

Interestingly a few threads just surfaced over on the WMD forums about the windshield. Huh.

: And its probly cause of Asetto

BONKERS

God I miss 8xMSAA in that game. IQ was phenomenal, and replicating it now is impossible. The devs don't even have to do anything to re-enable it. YARGH.

Interestingly a few threads just surfaced over on the WMD forums about the windshield. Huh.

They removed MSAA in PCars?

Did they change their lighting/rendering backend?

They removed MSAA in PCars?

Did they change their lighting/rendering backend?

The removed 8xMSAA. i'm not sure of the complexities of why certain modes only can get support, but they opted it out for a downsampling method, and 4xMSAA as the "MSAA" option. 8xMSAA allowed 8xSGSSAA, and at 4k it was crystal clear.

BONKERS

Strange that they would still keep 4xMSAA in there but not 8x.. They probably thought the average person wouldn't notice the difference or even thought about the fact that you can enhance it with SGSSAA with Nvidia cards

kanuuna

Can't quite say I'm seeing it. I never saw it in gameplay either, but then again, I only went as high as 'High' on the Reflections setting. I guess I'll have to get my eyes checked.

EDIT: Oh, new page. I wish I had something handy.

Can't quite say I'm seeing it. I never saw it in gameplay either, but then again, I only went as high as 'High' on the Reflections setting. I guess I'll have to get my eyes checked.

EDIT: Oh, new page. I wish I had something handy.

To enhance:

lookhheeyah_by_roderickartist-d6tudyl.png

and since new page and pCars:

pcars_2013_11_03_01_07_46_823_by_roderickartist-d6tudyc.png

kanuuna

To enhance:
lookhheeyah_by_roderickartist-d6tudyl.png

I thought I was seeing that, but I couldn't tell if I was just 'seeing things'. Understandably subtle, but I wish it was a bit more pronounced. Maybe it is in parts, where it makes sense - but I never noticed it myself.
Looking back at a few SLS interior shots I didn't feel were worth posting, I can't really see it here either.

I'll try not to forget this game is still in development.
Can't wait for the PhysX update.

MonaKyshu

Banned
two of my favorites that ive taken, both from tomb raider, i think the first one shows off TressFX in one of the best lights possible for a screenshot, looks excellent imo, unfortunatly took the screenshot while playing at 1360x768

tombraider4.jpg

this one though is 1080p with TressFX off and shows some good detail in the foliage and character model

tombraider1h.jpg

Spazznid

two of my favorites that ive taken, both from tomb raider, i think the first one shows off TressFX in one of the best lights possible for a screenshot, looks excellent imo, unfortunatly took the screenshot while playing at 1360x768

tombraider4.jpg

this one though is 1080p with TressFX off and shows some good detail in the foliage and character model

tombraider1h.jpg

Tomb Raider is my GOTY and close to the top of my favorite games of all time. Tress FX is amazing, and at 60+fps and a decent Resolution(I can usually pull 1620p at a 50-ish fps) it blows my mind erry time.

You've made me reinstall (lol I never uninstall it, I'm too weak.)

10814502533_65ec947915_o.png

10814240875_53d0104f1e_o.png

Top Bottom